GUILTY LA - Lakeitha, 29, & Kenneth Joseph, 34, St John Parish, 18 Feb 2014

So sad...Was this really over some dogs? Is that the only motive mentioned so far?

The photos of the Josephs are haunting because they seemed like they were glowing and happy and in love. Beautiful couple. May they RIP.
I get that same feeling about the couple. Happy and in love. That's why I thought it was important to post their picture, but it makes the whole tragedy ten times sadder.

As for the dogs, I don't know if they were part of the motive to kill Lakeitha and Ken, but someone's going to die over them if this insanity doesn't end soon.

Murdered Reserve couple's friend arrested after gun battle

i don't believe it truly has anything to do with the dogs...

then again, it's prob drugs, dogs, etc.

New arrest made... not directly involving this case BUT gives you an idea why I don't think this has anything to do with the dogs per say.

http://www.lobservateur.com/news/may-shooting-arrest-made/article_0f477232-dacc-11e3-a5d2-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/05/joshua_jones_friend_of_murdere.html#incart_river_default

Jones supposedly shot someone on April 20, 2013 in the leg. A family member of this victim, was involved in the shooting that took place at Jones home the day of the twins bday party.

oh ...and besides the Joseph's case, there have been other shootings taking place on Homewood, E 12th and E 13th... which are all known as the Reserve projects. E 13th had a shooting about a week ago where a 19 yr old was shot in the head & a 15 yr old, in the leg. The 19 yr old survived but his brother wasn't so lucky last year. He was killed by the same type of violence. There were two men arrested for the shooting...one living in Garyville (next town over). Garyville is a LITTLE TOWN...yet, there were at least 10 murders last year within a 2 street section. These young men are seriously killing each other....it's drugs...it's rivalry between towns...it's ignorance.

Sorry for straying away from the topic but I feel as though sharing the info of the entire area & the crime that has taken over our lil community will help people understand the situation a bit better.

Lakeitha and Ken were a beautiful, loving couple. Ken was involved with Horatio though...to what capacity, I'm not sure but the truth is, they were cousins & they were in partnership with a "company" operating out of the mall in Kenner.

CajunGirl, is that you?? Haven't seen you around in forever. Good to see you back. Last time I remember, you just had a baby.
:seeya:

it's me! I have two now LOL Good to see you as well!!!:seeya:

Tonight, The First 48 on A&E was this case. I have not watched it yet, but I can say that New Orleans episodes are so good! We have intense crime that allows the show to do only 1 case per show instead of 2 that are done with other cities. I am so glad the First 48 was there to capture this investigation! I am bracing myself for the horror of what they found and what unfolded. Just wanted to share.
http://www.aetv.com/the-first-48 "Dark Waters"

Thanks for the link, mpnola. I just found out this was on tonight, and was so disappointed that I'd missed it.

Thanks for the link, mpnola. I just found out this was on tonight, and was so disappointed that I'd missed it.

I think you can watch the entire episode at the link I put. I am watching it now. Lots I didn't know! Van was covered in both of their blood when found in Atlanta. It's really sad.

I think you can watch the entire episode at the link I put. I am watching it now. Lots I didn't know! Van was covered in both of their blood when found in Atlanta. It's really sad.
I knew about the blood. The suspect admitted that he tried to clean the vehicle in Atlanta.

It is a very sad, sad story.

Seeing his feet with the silver kettlebell still on them was awful. Even the police are having a hard time with this one. I can't sleep until it is over! I am so sorry to their families. None of them deserved this torture.

Really, really, REALLY good police work helped solve this case. I am very proud of the NOPD on this one. They have a thankless and nearly impossible job. I, sincerely, appreciate them.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/02/woman_accused_in_reserve_coupl.html

Former prison guard Brittany Martin pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, while her two counts of second-degree murder and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice were dropped. Martin, 25, posted bail and was freed last week, after her bond amount was reduced from $2.5 million to $30,000.

Orleans Parish assistant district attorney Kevin Guillory would not say whether Martin was given a plea deal in exchange for testifying against her former ex-con boyfriend Horatio Johnson and fellow co-defendants Frank Mike Jr. and Steven Bradley...

Martin still could serve up to 40 years on the obstruction conviction. Judge Ben Willard will determine Martin's prison term, but a sentencing date has not been set.

Man who ditched car in Reserve couple's murder pleads to federal charge - August 2015

A man charged with crossing state lines in a van stolen from a murdered Reserve couple pleaded guilty Wendesday (Aug. 12) to federal charges.

Frank Mike Jr. entered a plea deal with federal prosecutors, admitting in court records that in 2014 he drove a blood-stained mini van from his New Orleans home and ditched it in a suburban Atlanta parking lot after he learned the van had been taken from Kenneth and Lakeitha Joseph.

Second guilty plea in Reserve couple's drowning case - December 2015

A second defendant linked to the February 2014 drowning deaths of Reserve couple Kenneth and Lakeitha Joseph has pleaded guilty, this time in New Orleans' federal court.

Frank Mike Jr., 46, entered his plea Wednesday (Dec. 16) to one count of interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle, the only federal charge to come out of the sprawling murder mystery.

Mike was immediately transferred to Orleans Parish custody to face more serious state charges. U.S. District Judge Sarah S. Vance sentenced him to 20 months of time served, three years of supervised probation and to pay nearly $14,000 in restitution and fines for the federal charge.

3rd defendant offered plea deal in drowned Reserve couple's murder case - September 2015

The third of five defendants charged in connection with last year's drowning deaths of Reserve couple Kenneth and Lakeitha Joseph has about two weeks to decide whether he will accept a plea agreement in the case.

Details of the plea offer extended to Steven Bradley were not disclosed during a hearing Wednesday (Sept. 2) before Orleans Parish Criminal District Court Judge Ben Willard. But Bradley's attorney, Loyola University law clinic professor Stephen Singer, said his client was considering the offer and that it "does not involve any cooperation" against his co-defendants.

- The article from December states that Bradley turned down this plea offer.

Man linked to Reserve couple's drownings accepts 9-year sentence

The man who ditched a bloodstained van borrowed by Reserve couple Kenneth and Lakeitha Joseph before their 2014 drowning deaths has agreed to serve nine years in prison as part of a plea agreement reached with state prosecutors Friday (Oct. 28).

Frank Mike Jr., 47, pleaded guilty to two counts of obstruction of justice and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice for his role in the murder plot. Investigators have said the Josephs were tied to exercise weights and dropped into the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway in eastern New Orleans.

Mike faced up to 40 years on each count of obstructing justice in a murder case, but has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors pursuing murder charges against co-defendants Horatio Johnson and Steven Bradley. Criminal District Judge Ben Willard accepted Mike's guilty pleas Friday and imposed sentences to be run concurrently.

Mike already had pleaded guilty in New Orleans' federal court to one count of interstate transport of a stolen vehicle, for driving the van to Georgia. Under terms of that plea agreement ratified in December 2015, U.S. District Judge Sarah S. Vance sentenced Mike to time served.

Johnson's former girlfriend Brittany Martin, 26, already struck her own deal with prosecutors in January 2015, with second-degree murder charges being dropped in favor of an obstruction charge. Martin still has not been sentenced.

A fifth suspect in the case, Amir "Blue" Ybarra, remains a fugitive since his May 2014 indictment for obstruction of justice.

Johnson, 40, and Bradley, 31, are due back in court Nov. 4 for a hearing on motions in their cases. A pre-sentencing investigation report on Martin is scheduled to be submitted to Willard the same day.

Murder trial near in Reserve couple's drowning case

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/08/murder_trial_near_in_reserve_c.html

The first of two defendants charged with the 2014 drowning murders of Reserve's Kenneth and Lakeitha Joseph is expected to stand trial starting Monday (Aug. 21).

Criminal District Judge Ben Willard on Tuesday cleared the way for next week's trial of Horatio Johnson, when he denied defense attorney Bradley Phillips' plea for another postponement and assistant district attorney Kevin Guillory declared the state ready to try the high-profile case.

Brittany Martin, 27, saw her murder charges dropped in February 2015 when she entered into a plea agreement with prosecutors. Martin is expected to testify against Johnson and co-defendant Steven Bradley, who awaits a separate trial, before being sentenced up to 40 years for her guilty plea to obstruction of justice.

Co-defendant Frank Mike Jr., 48, was the first suspect arrested in the case and is serving a nine-year sentence on obstruction charges as part of a plea agreement reached last October.

Still at large is a fifth defendant in the case -- Amir "Blue" Ybarra.

Still at large??? For years?? In a murder?? Come on, new orleans.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reserve couple thrown off bridge in drowning murders, New Orleans jury told

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/08/reserve_couple_thrown_off_brid.html

Reserve couple Kenneth and Lakeitha Joseph were brutally beaten by Horatio Johnson inside a Metairie recording studio before being tied to 30-pound kettlebells and dropped from a Chalmette bridge to nightmarish deaths in the Intracoastal Waterway, a New Orleans jury was told Tuesday (Aug. 22).

Both died of drowning, coroners have said.

"They were helpless, unable to help each other, only able to watch each other drown," Guillory told jurors.

Absolutely horrible. The whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa