Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
Here is another reason why a plane would not be crushed flat on bottom.

As the plane sinks the pressure forces would be from all sides as the pieces float down. The pieces are not yet on the bottom as it goes down so all the pressure forces are hitting it from all directions. So, if anything, the pressure would try to crush it into a ball as it goes down.

By the time it hits the very bottom, all the deformation would have already occurred and whatever mass of junk is left will then just end up floating to a rest on bottom.

Its not like it first goes all the way to the bottom and only then all the pressure hits it only on the bottom only after it comes to rest. Its not like that. It hits it while going down.

The pressure hits it from all sides while it is going down trying to push it into itself. More like a ball rather than flat.

And IMO, the sheer mass of materials would be of sufficient quantity to be noticeble by sonar device.

I agree. Surely there is some way for the intelligence community to get someone reputable but removed, to either hint, plant, leak, or otherwise insinuate where the search needs to be, if it went down.

On the debris....IIRC many of the major ocean crashes resulted in at least the large tail stabilizer staying afloat for a relatively long time. Things that may you go hmmm.......

As you say, odd nothing is floating, no oil slick, nothing washed up, none of 4 ELTs transmitted or transmitting.....

If the Malay Def. minister thinks he's got Public Relations problems now, what if that plane reappears and is used as a weapon?

I Agree. I will not be surprised if the plane was landed somewhere on land.

It basically could be anywhere at this point as there is no concrete proof right now anywhere.

I would like to see the investigators look closer at those early reports of the fire ball sighting off the oil rig, and the other sighting where mutliple witnesses saw a plane flying extremely low with the right color markings.

I dont believe they ever investigated those reports closely enough. It seems they just brushed them off.

Surely there is some way for the intelligence community to get someone reputable but removed, to either hint, plant, leak, or otherwise insinuate where the search needs to be, if it went down

Lots of people don't believe the missing plane is in the Indian Ocean.
So some suggest that could have been the "insinuated hint" of it's location.
However, some suggest the Indian Ocean is just a diversion attempt from the actual location.
It's hard for the unconnected public to know which is the case :(

Exactly.

The nerve of the guy to blame the entire world. When the plane deviated course, lost all communication, and even another country knew enough to try to contact the plane on VHF emergency frequencies, there should have been more immediate reaction from Malaysia during the event.

It seems to me that Malaysia just waited around for the arrival time and only after the plane did not land at scheduled place (i think Beijing) and scheduled time that Malaysia finally took it seriously.

So please dont go blaming the whole world as most of us were sound asleep and have no airport of airline connections at all.

OMG. This handling of this crisis by their spokespersons is beyond belief. And its pretty obvious if there is any blame to go around this early, we all know where the blame is falling. Its falling on the guy who is trying to deflect it to the whole world. And their coordinators who seem to want to keep a lot of secrets and have not been forthcoming with releasing details.

Let us never forget the 2 guys with the same legs. :)

Good Grief.

:lol: I have yet to comprehend how the world is at fault here. Perhaps they figured this would be swept under the rug?
Wake up! The world is watching, and so far Malaysia has nothing except a runaround event that doesn't make sense.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Lots of people don't believe the missing plane is in the Indian Ocean.
So some suggest that could have been the "insinuated hint" of it's location.
However, some suggest the Indian Ocean is just a diversion attempt from the actual location.
It's hard for the unconnected public to know which is the case :(

I personally am very doubtful it's on the bottom of the S. Indian Ocean.

I say try the Northern arc.

JMO
Here is another reason why a plane would not be crushed flat on bottom.

As the plane sinks the pressure forces would be from all sides as the pieces float down. The pieces are not yet on the bottom as it goes down so all the pressure forces are hitting it from all directions. So, if anything, the pressure would try to crush it into a ball as it goes down.

By the time it hits the very bottom, all the deformation would have already occurred and whatever mass of junk is left will then just end up floating to a rest on bottom.

Its not like it first goes all the way to the bottom and only then all the pressure hits it only on the bottom only after it comes to rest. Its not like that. It hits it while going down.

The pressure hits it from all sides while it is going down trying to push it into itself. More like a ball rather than flat.

And IMO, the sheer mass of materials would be of sufficient quantity to be noticeble by sonar device.

Interesting. I have no idea if you’re correct or not, but it sure sounds like a logical explanation to me! :laughitup:

Archangel7, you mention tail stabilizers staying afloat for a “relatively long time” in other ocean crashes. Can you elaborate on what a relatively long time would be?

A week passed between when the plane disappeared and when they started looking in the general area of the current search - are you talking a longer time frame than that?

I’ve always figured that the delay between disappearance and Indian Ocean search was a reasonable explanation for the lack of debris?

My feelings lately; if the plane went down along the southern arc, either they were led astray by the first Chinese ship ping detection (and all subsequent ones) or someone cleaned up the debris field - how else to explain no debris floating or washing ashore anywhere? If it followed the northern arc, it's most likely on land somewhere. What do highjackers do with 239 people, whether they are alive or deceased? Seems like either way hiding them would be difficult unless in a very remote or protected area.

Interesting. I have no idea if you’re correct or not, but it sure sounds like a logical explanation to me! :laughitup:

Archangel7, you mention tail stabilizers staying afloat for a “relatively long time” in other ocean crashes. Can you elaborate on what a relatively long time would be?

A week passed between when the plane disappeared and when they started looking in the general area of the current search - are you talking a longer time frame than that?

I’ve always figured that the delay between disappearance and Indian Ocean search was a reasonable explanation for the lack of debris?

I can't BBM on here with my tablet, but even if a week passed since the search started west of Perth, I believe there would be debris.
Either a piece of foam, rubber, anything! Or at least made its way to shore with the ocean current.
Also, metals such as titanium would of been detected.

JMO

My feelings lately; if the plane went down along the southern arc, either they were led astray by the first Chinese ship ping detection (and all subsequent ones) or someone cleaned up the debris field - how else to explain no debris floating or washing ashore anywhere? If it followed the northern arc, it's most likely on land somewhere. What do highjackers do with 239 people, whether they are alive or deceased? Seems like either way hiding them would be difficult unless in a very remote or protected area.

A jungle would be a sufficient place to camouflage a 777.

No.

Police are investigating a flight engineer who was among the passengers on board the missing Malaysian Airlines jet.

The man, named as Mohd Khairul Amri Selamat, 29, is a Malaysian who is believed to have worked for a private jet charte
r

It comes as authorities focus on the pilots and anyone else on board who had technical flying knowledge.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...n-airlines-flight-mh370-3251229#ixzz32Jad1ock
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Oh.
Well he definitely should be looked at closer.

I personally am very doubtful it's on the bottom of the S. Indian Ocean.

I say try the Northern arc.

Sadly, I think the plane is near the Northern arc as well. At first, I was doubtful, but now I see it as a high possibility.
After 2 months, there has been no debris of any sort....unless ocean currents swept it all away in a different direction.

:dunno:

Sadly, I think the plane is near the Northern arc as well. At first, I was doubtful, but now I see it as a high possibility.
After 2 months, there has been no debris of any sort....unless ocean currents swept it all away in a different direction.

:dunno:

I'd begin looking north as well. Unless the plane sunk in the water completely whole (which I believe to be extremely unlikely) at a minumum the seat cushion 'floatation devices' would have come to the surface. There were at least 239 seats on that plane, it is frankly impossible that not one seat cushion has been found in the water or washed onshore. Unless the debris field was cleaned up. Or the plane didn't end up in the water.

OR, it never crashed!!!!

My opinions only, no facts here:

Up to a few days after MH 370 disappeared, I half-jokingly told a family member that there was not sufficient proof yet to show that the plane had actually left the airport. By a week after the disappearance, I was willing to concede that the plane did take off and did vanish from transponder radar over the Gulf of Thailand. Several weeks after the disappearance, after studying witness and other reports, I sort-of accepted that the plane did make a turn west after the transponder signal was lost. From the first military radar hit, I would go out on a limb and suggest the plane MIGHT have reached the Malacca Strait. After this, I lose all confidence and cannot concede to anything.

There was a "slick" and interestingly it was located close to where flotsam was found and where the plane disappeared from transponder radar. Yes, this slick was tested and found not to be aircraft fuel. In a case of this importance, the slick samples should be precisely identified as to what they are, and NOT what they are not! As I pointed out previously, burning lithium batteries OR mangosteen fruit could leave a stain on the water. Hydraulic fluid? Were there classified items in the cargo that could have left a slick? Retest the "slick" samples from the Gulf of Thailand and make a definitive statement about their origin.

Also, reexamine all flotsam found early-on in the Gulf of Thailand and identify the items publicly. Suppose the early searchers found a few items that seemed irrelevant, but with more information could be traced back to passengers on the plane or to unusual cargo?

Media Release
22 May 2014—pm

Joint Agency Coordination Centre

ADV Ocean Shield has arrived back in the search area.

The Autonomous Underwater Vehicle, Bluefin-21, was deployed from the vessel around 2am this morning. It remains underwater on its search mission.

Over the next week, Bluefin-21 will search the remaining areas in the vicinity of the acoustic signals detected in early April by the Towed Pinger Locator deployed from Ocean Shield that are within its depth operating limits.

This continues the process that will ultimately enable the search team to discount or confirm the area of the acoustic signals as the final resting place of MH370.

Ocean Shield is anticipated to depart the search area on 28 May and return to Fleet Base West on 31 May where it will demobilise the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle equipment and disembark the support team.

The Chinese survey ship Zhu Kezhen departed Fremantle yesterday to begin conducting the bathymetric survey of the areas provided by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. The bathymetric survey—or mapping of the ocean floor—is being done in preparation for a commercially contracted deep ocean search, including towed side-scan sonar operations.

Chinese ship Haixun 01 will today begin transiting to the survey area to support the survey operations, including the weekly transportation of survey data to Fremantle for further processing by Geoscience Australia.

The Australian Defence Force's Military Coordination and Sub-Surface Planning team, in consultation with the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, will partner with Chinese units to conduct the survey.

The work continues to review and analyse all the data and information relating to the likely flight path of MH370, together with the information acquired in the course of the search to date. This work will confirm the best areas on which to focus an effective future search.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/may/mr047.aspx

Putrajaya slams Anwar for exploiting MH370 tragedy
FMT Staff | May 21, 2014
Malaysia government is angry with Anwar for damaging nation's reputation for personal gain.
PETALING JAYA: Putrajaya today hit out at Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim for exploiting the MH370 tragedy and damaging Malaysia’s reputation for personal political gain.

The latest incident which riled up Putrajaya was Anwar’s allegation that the MH370 cargo manifest released by the government on May 1 has been “deleted or somehow covered-up”.
“The leader of the opposition has repeatedly tried to smear his own country to international media,” said a government spokesperson in a statement today.

The spokesperson said Anwar had previously implied that Malaysian officials were complicit in a terrorist act regarding MH370.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...aya-slams-anwar-for-exploiting-mh370-tragedy/

Choi checked in his luggage at 3:07 p.m., but he did not take United Airlines flight No. 5892 and he did not re-book another flight with United Airlines, police said. His mother retrieved his luggage in North Carolina.

http://voices.suntimes.com/news/bre...ted-missing-after-missed-flight/#.U330rvldVOF

I find this very disturbing. Baggage was checked onto the flight and the person never boards the plane! (he was found safe)

I'd begin looking north as well. Unless the plane sunk in the water completely whole (which I believe to be extremely unlikely) at a minumum the seat cushion 'floatation devices' would have come to the surface. There were at least 239 seats on that plane, it is frankly impossible that not one seat cushion has been found in the water or washed onshore. Unless the debris field was cleaned up. Or the plane didn't end up in the water.

Exactly.
But who knows. Maybe there WAS debris, but by the time the search shifted to that area, any debris that was floating, sunk or was swept away by the currents.

Choi checked in his luggage at 3:07 p.m., but he did not take United Airlines flight No. 5892 and he did not re-book another flight with United Airlines, police said. His mother retrieved his luggage in North Carolina.

http://voices.suntimes.com/news/bre...ted-missing-after-missed-flight/#.U330rvldVOF

I find this very disturbing. Baggage was checked onto the flight and the person never boards the plane! (he was found safe)

This seems to be a lapse in airplane security that occurred in the US where a passenger can check his luggage and not take the flight but the airline takes off without removing his luggage first. I haven't seen the article where he was found safe.

Did this happen in Malaysia? Wasn't there a report of someone checking luggage but missing the flight?

ETA - Just found our thread on this boy where he was found safe. Here's the link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244242"]Found Safe IL - Hye Min Choi (Missing Student), 19, Chicago O’Hare , 16 May 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa