GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then. RD appeared to be a rather large man. Why would they carry RD up the hill, out of a boat when they could "place" him in the lake too? I agree with the "complete distraction" part of your theory. That was a good point. Aren't you glad I am helping :)

Are you actually a litigator? Very cool if you are.

Actually, yes.

My theory is not "they". The doc was fit for his age. Adrenalin got him to carry Russell up. He knew how to carry. Maybe he got spooked and had to go with another way with Shirley. Could go several ways at that point.

Does anyone know if all those creeks that spawn off of the lake are passable by boat? It looks to me from the satellite maps that several of the creeks go out pretty far.

CSI teams make a huge mess, in my experience. Some chemicals used to procure evidence leave lasting stains. Also, some fingerprint powders are nearly impossible to remove. IMO Plus, I'm pretty sure that real estate agents have to disclose the information about the Dermonds' tragic demise.
:twocents:

I guess I was mostly thinking along the lines of having a potential buyer who wants to buy the property. And as far as the other agent, competition. Just throwing it out there. Apparently, the Dermonds weren't robbed, except of their lives, so who stands to gain from just having them out of the way and out of the house?

I know Sills has a tough job to do here. I, myself, have found that I start chasing his statements in the media on the likelihood of motive for what happened to the Dermonds, and trying to process those as possibilities. But I am starting to hold back. I may be one of the minority who think the head was not removed because of possible linkage to the murderer. I am not convinced it took more than one perpetrator either. Anyway, I know crimes with similar circumstances have been linked. I think of this guy: Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There have been others like him who don't get the media attention he did.

No real estate salesperson would potentially damage the reputation of a whole neighborhood for a single sale. There's no "there" there about the tragic death of the real estate agent on Lake Sinclair. She was known to have medical issues. And I don't think she had been active in real estate for a while.

He/she might if they wanted to sell that particular property and they were a psychopath. Unlikely, of course, but stranger things have happened.

Actually, yes.

My theory is not "they". The doc was fit for his age. Adrenalin got him to carry Russell up. He knew how to carry. Maybe he got spooked and had to go with another way with Shirley. Could go several ways at that point.

Why a doctor? Don't they swear an oath to "do no harm"? That was actually tongue and cheek. I don't see a doctor doing these murders for some reason.

I know Sills has a tough job to do here. I, myself, have found that I start chasing his statements in the media on the likelihood of motive for what happened to the Dermonds, and trying to process those as possibilities. But I am starting to hold back. I may be one of the minority who think the head was not removed because of possible linkage to the murderer. I am not convinced it took more than one perpetrator either. Anyway, I know crimes with similar circumstances have been linked. I think of this guy: Edmund Kemper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:eek:

Regular tools are so commonplace. It has to be something very unique setting it apart from the norm.

Maybe something that is very ornate with a lot of engraving or deep heavy scroll work done on it.

JMO

Do you think that the same weapon was used on Shirley?

Why a doctor? Don't they swear an oath to "do no harm"? That was actually tongue and cheek. I don't see a doctor doing these murders for some reason.

Skilled enough to easily decapitate with a sharp fishing knife. Probably did time in combat medical, field amputations.

Yep, Jabarn, Big Ed Kemper has crossed my mind several times. Think he may have been mentioned in thread #1. Big Ed studied and memorized all the correct assessment/evaluation responses while doing his time in the mental institution for the murders of his overbearing grandparents and mother..
Pulled one over on the psychiatrists.. Not that difficult for a psychopath, imo..

yes, I have heard the decapitation was clean throughout this case but did the sheriff specify what was meant by that. That was a reference to the lack of blood and post mortem nature of the act. MOO

But really I have never understood where the surety of skill came from.n Just :twocents:

I also think this could have been one person. Possibly the one person thing explains why everything seems so disorganized. Close to garage moves Mr. D to garage. Down by boatdock when encountering Mrs. D and worried/scared of being spotted trying to get her into garage or out of site as well.

I am in the minority with you. I don't know what happened but this whole head removal thing is just too strange........

Yep, Jabarn, Big Ed Kemper has crossed my mind several times. Think he may have been mentioned in thread #1. Big Ed studied and memorized all the correct assessment/evaluation responses while doing his time in the mental institution for the murders of his overbearing grandparents and mother..
Pulled one over on the psychiatrists.. Not that difficult for a psychopath, imo..

Hey FF, I just worry that too much attention by Sills and the media, by his lead, are focused on the head of Mr D and submersion of Mrs D as evidence removal. Granted I don't ever want to be in the head of a sick, sick person, but I have studied too many of these cases, like you all have, to feel that makes any kind of sense, with TWO victims, and one body left totally conspicuous. Not saying I do know what makes sense, either. But in weighing the possibilities, I am left with is this is a sick, possibly paranoid, individual and whether he lives in the neighborhood, knows these people at church, or is related to them somehow, or stumbled across them at the boat dock, that is what makes sense to me.

I do not believe killer is someone that owns property in Great Waters. A murder in the neighborhood would bring down property values and sales.

Do you think someone that committed 2 horrendous murders would really care about property values? I do see what you're saying though.

I totally agree with this. I have always (and still do) believe this was a one person job.

If anyone goes back and reads all of Sills' statements from day 1, he basically changes his opinions on M.O, amount of perps, motive, stranger vs. known, etc...It is starting to feel like he's just as lost as we are.

Before anyone takes that wrong, I have a lot of faith in Sills, it's just that I don't think he knows as much as he pretends to (which is a standard LE tactic.)

My theories have changed as more evidence and facts became available. I think that is probably true of most people, including the LE investigating, KWIM?

My theories have changed as more evidence and facts became available. I think that is probably true of most people, including the LE investigating, KWIM?

I sure do KWYM. That's what should naturally happen. IMO, Sills speaks in absolutes and I understand why he does that.

However, don't forget that Sills knows way more than we could ever imagine.

I do believe this one will be solved. And pretty soon. I think the sheriff is pretty good at playing his cards close to his vest and he measures his words and clarifies when needed but actually reveals very little of how much they have to date.

If Mr. D was seen at Publix on Thursday, and I think I read Mrs. D played bridge on Thursdays, could someone have entered the house while they were out and waited overnight to ambush them? Could they have been killed in their beds and the mattress replaced???

Did the house have just door window/contacts, or did it have motion detectors, glass breakage detectors, the works? And most security systems have 2 disarm codes-- the secret code to punch in that says "hostage situation" to the alarm company and the police show up in slealth mode and the regular code to disarm the system. A perp wouldn't know which code you were entering!

And you can move heavy objects with a blanket quite easily. I moved 8K pounds of large pieces of slate around my pond by myself using an old blanket. Many weighed 200-300 pounds. And I'm old!

I agree.
I don't think a doctor would know how to decapitate someone. It's not something they practice doing.
Hunter, butcher would have experience disarticulating animals anyway.
Moo
ETA: Even with amputations they don't always amputate at the joint. They try to go below it.
moo
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members