CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who have witnessed traumatic situations are VERY unreliable. I am trained to remember things like this, but when a drive-by occurred near my home several years ago, I insisted the truck that I saw was a certain color, but I was wrong. I still see it in my head the wrong way.

I am very interested in the manifesto. I hope someone puts it online so I can read it for myself.

So am I...I've been reading for an hour and a half and am only at grade 6! I see a pattern of trying to fit in and be 'cool'...cool people skateboarded, so he took it up, cool people had blonde hair so he dyed his hair, cool people hacky-sacked, so he did that...a real struggle for friends, and to fit in, from the beginining, it seems. No excuse for murder but fascinating reading, imo. I won't be surprised if he writes in the upcoming pages that cool people had blonde girlfriends...heres the link, reposted if anyone cares to read.

http://gawker.com/this-afternoon-at-least-one-body-was-removed-from-the-1581174371

Aaand after taking a spin around the internets this morning, I see there are tons of commenters (men) saying they understand how this guy felt, it's feminism's fault that this happened, and that apparently if men are not given sex, or enough sex, this type of thing is inevitable. :eek:hoh:

Well, isn't it comforting to know that after a tragedy like this, men think of sex, and blame women for their lack of action. Maybe women don't want those men because they are selfish pigs with their "it's all about me" attiude. :banghead:

Who talks about their own conception and references their parents' "lovemaking."

Well, his parents could've had him hospitalized with a psych hold because he was homicidal.

From what I'm reading of his own words, he seems clever enough to have manipulated quite a few people throughout his life including teachers, LE and therapists so I'm not convinced that he wouldn't have managed to escape a psych hold.

Well, isn't it comforting to know that after a tragedy like this, men think of sex, and blame women for their lack of action. Maybe women don't want those men because they are selfish pigs with their "it's all about me" attiude. :banghead:

The thing is that truthfully, it is not difficult to find someone to sleep with if that is what you really want. There are women all over the place that sleep with all kinds of men (tall, short, fat, skinny, creepy, etc.) Unfortunately, there are women who are not very discriminatory about who they have sex with.

So, blaming women for not sleeping with you is a cop out and hiding something deeper.

compelling

For example, a person with AS may engage in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic, while misunderstanding or not recognizing the listener's feelings or reactions, such as a wish to change the topic of talk or end the interaction.This social awkwardness has been called "active but odd".

apply these rules in awkward ways, such as forced eye contact, resulting in a demeanor that appears rigid or socially naive. Childhood desire for companionship can become numbed through a history of failed social encounters.

restricted and repetitive and are sometimes abnormally intense or focused.

Pursuit of specific and narrow areas of interest is one of the most striking features of AS.

individuals with Asperger syndrome acquire language skills without significant general delay and their speech typically lacks significant abnormalities, and use is often atypical.

people with AS often have a limited range of intonation

conversational style often includes monologues about topics that bore the listener,

Children with AS may have an unusually sophisticated vocabulary at a young age and have been colloquially called "little professors", but have difficulty understanding and tend to use language literally. ( that he does throughout his videos!)

impaired humor appreciation

move awkwardly or feel "uncomfortable in their own skin".

difficulty in identifying and describing one's emotions

The "different-ness" adolescents experience can be traumatic....
the resulting stress may manifest as inattention, withdrawal, reliance on obsessions, hyperactivity, or aggressive or oppositional behaviorDepression is often the result of chronic frustration from repeated failure to engage others socially, andrequiring treatment may develop.

unable to comprehend the societal implications of their actions

Asperger syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Such people need help, not condemnation.

What a twisted person. With the way young people sleep around these days you have to assume something was obviously way off with his social interactions to still be a virgin if he was trying and failing. But I don't see how he could have arrived at the conclusion he did....I hope this doesn't seem awful for me to say...but if you were a virgin and sad that you hadn't experienced love, fun, sex etc. why would you choose what he did? That ensures you will never experience those things. Now, he died a virgin and is viewed as a monster. It doesn't make sense to me. For anyone who studies personality types and what not I think he was a enneagram type 4 in the worst way, caught up in thinking he was so different and unique and other people were stupid for not seeing how special he was.

From what I'm reading of his own words, he seems clever enough to have manipulated quite a few people throughout his life including teachers, LE and therapists so I'm not convinced that he wouldn't have managed to escape a psych hold.

The proof of his homicidal ideation is video-taped and written down. You can't talk your way out of what you've already put out there. In most places, it does not take a whole lot for 48 hour psych hold.

Who tells their child that due to taking an additional medication, birth control did not work and resulted in this child being born???

:notgood:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owing-revenge-against-women-rejected-him.html

"Speaking from her home in Kent, Elliot’s grandmother, 89, explained that he had suffered mental health issues for some time.

She said: ‘He was a very disturbed boy."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...against-women-rejected-him.html#ixzz32hvVIV4v
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He lived in an independent living skills center to help him .

These parents tried to do the right thing.

He was an adult and there is little anyone can do. The person has rights.

Therein lies a huge problem

Interesting.......the majority of his postings ( I have watched like 10 of them) are of him, alone, in his car, filming "things" I found it compelling in that they are isolative and all alone.

Thus far, the only post of his that has any interaction with human beings is this one, and in the end he is shot a bird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m74aB4bNHN8

I just saw a short clip of him, haven't read the manifesto or watched his video yet. At first glance, he looks like and sounds like Canadian murderer and psycho Luka Magnotta. Gender identity issues, sexual issues, extreme narcissism, extreme online presence. I won't be surprised if this Elliot has many online usernames and websites dedicated to himself. AMO

I completely agree. And I'm not so sure about the Aspergers many sites are saying he had.

The thing is that truthfully, it is not difficult to find someone to sleep with if that is what you really want. There are women all over the place that sleep with all kinds of men (tall, short, fat, skinny, creepy, etc.) Unfortunately, there are women who are not very discriminatory about who they have sex with.

So, blaming women for not sleeping with you is a cop out and hiding something deeper.

Exactly my point. Some men blame women instead of blaming themselves. We all know it isn't difficult for men to find a woman, any woman, cash not always necessary.

so this morning cnn verifys he was short. he was a vry good looking kid and I wonder if he had the freak factor as well as girls avoided him. fell asleep reading manisfesto last night. still in shock at rage of his crime and his rich bCkground n hatred.

Who tells their child that due to taking an additional medication, birth control did not work and resulted in this child being born???

my dd knows this is how she was conceived :fence: its not full proof.

Well, his parents could've had him hospitalized with a psych hold because he was homicidal.

I read they did call LE & report the videos. What were they to do? A psych hold is a temporary fix - then what?

After all these years of placating him with $$$, a BMW, an apt. trips - go pick him up & tie him to a stake in the yard? ER didn't know he was being placated - he genuinely thought he was entitled. Can you just see the intervention (with all the relatives in a room with him) when they told him the truth? For some reason, IMO, the parents were scared to do that.

my dd knows this is how she was conceived :fence: its not full proof.

ER seems to take everything to the extreme though and instead of laughing it off it comes across as if he perceives it as some kind of God like ability of defeating nature or science. At one point he says he saved his brother from drowning and goes on to mention something along the lines of the brother will remember that ER is the very reason he's still on this planet.

I read they did call LE & report the videos. What were they to do? A psych hold is a temporary fix - then what?

After all these years of placating him with $$$, a BMW, an apt. trips - go pick him up & tie him to a stake in the yard? ER didn't know he was being placated - he genuinely thought he was entitled. Can you just see the intervention (with all the relatives in a room with him) when they told him the truth? For some reason, IMO, the parents were scared to do that.

BBM - Yes he did and he worked it / manipulated them to get what he wanted! JMO

It appears, from his writings, that his parents always, or eventually, gave into his wants/desires/demands. JMO

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me either. That certainly could lead to a child having an impression that he was not wanted. Some things a parent should keep to him or herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member