CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I believe that if he were staying at home, the only thing it would change that his parent would be the first to go. Just like Adam Lanza's mother.

I agree. And possibly his siblings.

Once they are an adult, you can not force them to come home, for one thing.

Did you read the maifesto? He longed to be home. He even asked to come home on various occassions. How could he have lived without their financial support, he didn't like to work and was above social assistance, in his mind, imo.

I know you, jjenny, I've been here since 2008. I don't debate, I explore, investigate, that's what I love about WS. This is the end of this convo, on my behalf. :)

Everyone knows someone who is overly sensitive. These people take something the rest of us would consider a small slight that rolls off our shoulders, or is barely even registered, and they turn it into a huge deal. I am not saying ER wasn't bullied in school and ignored by girls. He probably was to some extent. But he seemed to take every little slight throughout his life and twist it into something monumental. To the point that he records much of it, in detail, in his writings 10+ years later.

I think ER had an unfortunate mix of mental disorders going on. Just like there are a few (comparatively) very unfortunate people who have multiple, severe, seemingly unrelated physical issues at the same time.

It sounds like his parents started trying to help him at a pretty young age. They didn't have their heads in the sand about his mental issues. Maybe he was just too complicated mentally to be helped,.

He clearly reached a point where EVERYTHING was a slight. Many of these instances weren't even intentional. I started reading his manifesto, and even at an early age, he was angry, jealous etc., over the smallest things. The story he recounts about purposely not inviting that one boy from his first grade class b/c he didn't like him, showed a vindictive streak at a very early age.

Of course all of this is written through his 22 year old self's hateful, and bitter eyes, but even then he took steps to "punish" those he didn't like, and felt satisfaction in doing so.

Based on the manifesto, the only thing I'm questioning right now regarding the parents is why the custody was so equally shared. He seemed to really prefer his mothers household, yet spent equal time at dad's. That's generally a good thing, but it seems dad was rarely around. Why have the kid stay with the dad when the reality is that he is with the girlfriend, and/or nannies? Why not have the kid go to dad's when the dad is actually there?

To be honest, I believe that if he were staying at home, the only thing it would change that his parent would be the first to go. Just like Adam Lanza's mother.

This may be true. But it may not...cause they left him there, many young people are dead, instead.

His parents and therapist/s knew of ER's many difficulties and should have acted accordingly rather than unloading him in IV. They were probably the only ones who could have possibly altered the course of his descent into hell-o. JMO

Those poor, unsuspecting, innocent victims didn't have a clue about this festering monster. [modsnip] JMO

He clearly reached a point where EVERYTHING was a slight. Many of these instances weren't even intentional. I started reading his manifesto, and even at an early age, he was angry, jealous etc., over the smallest things. The story he recounts about purposely not inviting that one boy from his first grade class b/c he didn't like him, showed a vindictive streak at a very early age.

Of course all of this is written through his 22 year old self's hateful, and bitter eyes, but even then he took steps to "punish" those he didn't like, and felt satisfaction in doing so.

Based on the manifesto, the only thing I'm questioning right now regarding the parents is why the custody was so equally shared. He seemed to really prefer his mothers household, yet spent equal time at dad's. That's generally a good thing, but it seems dad was rarely around. Why have the kid stay with the dad when the reality is that he is with the girlfriend, and/or nannies? Why not have the kid go to dad's when the dad is actually there?

I was wondering about this too and I noted that it changed from weekends with dad back to one week, one week when he got older. I wonder if it was more about mom needing the break than dad wanting him more often. I imagine he was an exhausting kid. Or maybe dad thought he needed the structure and limits he wasn't getting from mom, but step mom seemed to require. ER says that mom got him whatever he wanted, and immediately upon him wanting it. That can't have been a good thing in relation to his superior attitude.

His parents and therapist/s knew of ER's many difficulties and should have acted accordingly rather than unloading him in IV. They were probably the only ones who could have possibly altered the course of his descent into hell-o. JMO

Those poor, unsuspecting, innocent victims didn't have a clue about this festering monster. [modsnip]. JMO

His little brother he planned to kill was unsuspecting and innocent as well. Brother actually looked up to him. He planned to kill him anyway.

His little brother he planned to kill was unsuspecting and innocent as well. Brother actually looked up to him. He planned to kill him anyway.

Yes - and the brother was the charge of the father who long knew about ER's difficulties. JMO

Step-mom was probably relieved to finally kick ER out of their home so as to protect the innocent brother. JMO

Yes - and the brother was the charge of the father who long knew about ER's difficulties. JMO

Step-mom was probably relieved to finally kick ER out of their home so as to protect the innocent brother. JMO

Are you suggesting she shouldn't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member