CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really, really doubt that's ER. It's harder to make out with just the still shots, but the video shows a young guy with a physique that ER would have envied.

JMO and all that

I agree. That guy looks pretty buff. Unlike ER.

I totally agree with you - the roomates was moms like compromise SHe did not want him to go , hes an adult, so it was like ok let me try to get him somewhere there are roomates (it was not a money deal)

It was the best she could do.

Again, I invite anyone to play one of his videos with no sound. Does he look threatening? He is actually kind of frail looking!

And there is some sort of like irony here - by that I mean , if he weighed 425 pounds him ruminating, aloud, about not having a girl might make sense.

Boy am I wrong here huh ---ugh

I read somewhere earlier that he was 5' 8 and weighed 135. If this is accurate I can't imagine. He must have appeared as a little boy. And he talks about tall blondes not liking him? I can see why. jmo

I read somewhere earlier that he was 5' 8 and weighed 135. If this is accurate I can't imagine. He must have appeared as a little boy. And he talks about tall blondes not liking him? I can see why. jmo

No, that's what he claimed to be on some website. He likely added a few inches, in my opinion.
He was short.

My goodness have you seen the video of the class going out of conrol. GOOD LORD. That earlier post with Dr Drew was good but I did not turn it off so now Nancy Grace is on in background (cant stand her talk histronic personality disordered ugh) BUT the good news is after 2 decades she redid her "do" and no longer looks like she is wearing a football helmit at all times........

She has always struck me as a really mean principal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just had to share........

[FONT=&quot]

Snipped due to length

I can't quite grasp how anyone who is schooled and trained to look for mental disease and/or defect could be so manipulated by someone like ER. They're trained to catch these things.

:seeya:
Why is it so hard to grasp? Schooled and trained professions fail every day in all fields even when at expert levels. Quite a bit fail especially in the Medical and Psychiatric fields. Some people earn degrees, train for many years but if they lack certain things in themselves all the schooling and training in the world might not matter. They can answer text book questions and get all the answer correct but sometimes that is not enough IMHO. Example my sister went to school many years, she has been a CPA for years but has never been able to keep a job as a CPA. She has done well working as a state auditor. She use to come to my husband to do her taxes , he trained himself and is a whiz at it. I tease her all the time that CPA in her case means Certified Pain in the A$$. In the Psychiatric fields if you lack common sense, or aren't a people person, many reasons. Some times a persons own life experiences is the best teacher.JMO

I don't believe that's him either. The guy in the video has broad shoulders and a more stocky build overall. I recall ER's build being rather slim in the golf course video. Also, I don't believe Dolce & Gabbana makes gym shorts and baseball caps, lol.
I really, really, really doubt that's ER. It's harder to make out with just the still shots, but the video shows a young guy with a physique that ER would have envied.

JMO and all that

I totally agree with you - the roomates was moms like compromise SHe did not want him to go , hes an adult, so it was like ok let me try to get him somewhere there are roomates (it was not a money deal)

It was the best she could do.

Again, I invite anyone to play one of his videos with no sound. Does he look threatening? He is actually kind of frail looking!

And there is some sort of like irony here - by that I mean , if he weighed 425 pounds him ruminating, aloud, about not having a girl might make sense.

Boy am I wrong here huh ---ugh

The hair on the back on my neck stands up in reaction to watching and hearing his voice and his eyes I find disturbing.
Just wanted to clarify I am not a hairy beast lol

He was 5'6". :banghead::banghead:

I keep wanting to comment about how sad I think it is that men so often feel inferior or insecure if they're not 6+ feet tall. I wish they understood how ok it is to be 5'6" or whatever arbitrary height. There are some damn fine, smart, talented and charismatic men out there that are my height, give or take. It's sad that it's common to feel bad about it.
No, that's what he claimed to be on some website. He likely added a few inches, in my opinion.
He was short.

The hair on the back on my neck stands up in reaction to watching and hearing his voice and his eyes I find disturbing.
Just wanted to clarify I am not a hairy beast lol
I did not say it right ! I meant before Friday if you saw any video of him with no sound does he look scary - his eyes def have the flat, empty affect of AUS but if you did not know him or talk to him ..................

Why is it so hard to grasp? Schooled and trained professions fail every day in all fields even when at expert levels. Quite a bit fail especially in the Medical and Psychiatric fields. Some people earn degrees, train for many years but if they lack certain things in themselves all the schooling and training in the world might not matter. They can answer text book questions and get all the answer correct but sometimes that is not enough IMHO. Example my sister went to school many years, she has been a CPA for years but has never been able to keep a job as a CPA. She has done well working as a state auditor. She use to come to my husband to do her taxes , he trained himself and is a whiz at it. I tease her all the time that CPA in her case means Certified Pain in the A$$. In the Psychiatric fields if you lack common sense, or aren't a people person, many reasons. Some times a persons own life experiences is the best teacher.JMO
That is exactly what I was saying! The media makes it like clinicans ought not to be able to be wrong - which is ludicrious --that was what I was saying. Obviously somewhere along this joourney someting did not go right!

That is exactly what I was saying! The media makes it like clinicans ought not to be able to be wrong - which is ludicrious --that was what I was saying. Obviously somewhere along this joourney someting did not go right!

Oh, I completely understand. I know people make mistakes all the time. Sure, an oncologist could get a cancer diagnosis/cure wrong. Then he loses that patient. Medicine can't be an easy field to be in whatsoever.

A mental health professional makes a wrong diagnosis - well, as we've seen here a few times, lots of loss of lives. Sure, they get a lot right as well. But when it's wrong, or missed, the loss of life can be catastrophic.

I think that's what I have a hard time with. I'm admittedly sensitive to subjects dealing with mental health so that doesn't help. I want everyone to be saved and there's just no human way to make that happen. :please:

I did not say it right ! I meant before Friday if you saw any video of him with no sound does he look scary - his eyes def have the flat, empty affect of AUS but if you did not know him or talk to him ..................

If I saw him before I knew he was a monster, I believe I would of had the same reaction to him. Ever since I was a child certain people that I came in contact with would set off certain reactions involuntarily. Ex I was about 7 or 8 , I made a new friend she invited me over to play.She had 5 sisters and 1 brother. Everyone was nice to me but I felt a sadness wash over me each and every time I was in her house. Years later her mom committed suicide, every one of those girls became addicted and didn't live past 35.The son had went into the army at 18 no one ever saw him again. The father was a horrible man and was responsible for all their pain.

Someone from the Dermond thread said I should drop in over here, as I work at a psychiatric treatment facility for kids 6-18yo. I haven't had time to go back and read everything about ER, but his youtube videos were jarring to me.

I have to admit that my first thoughts were who initially influenced his views on women? Extreme views like that don't just appear out of nowhere. I don't want to blame his parents, but in the cases of kids I work with, it very often goes back to some sort of severe family dysfunction, trauma/abuse, neglect, or having really poor examples as parents.

It's not their fault AT ALL that he did this, and I know they did all they could to help. I'm sure a lot of this is biological, but there also had to be some unhealthy but strong influences in his life that made things worse.

If anyone has any questions about residential facilities aka "placements," please feel free to ask while I catch up on all this!

I responded to this particular post though because I have had a bad experience with LE officers in relation to mental health when I was the victim in a domestic violence situation. It's a very long story, but I wrestled a loaded shotgun gun from this persons hands after he had destroyed half our house with a baseball bat and thought I was going to end up dead. I begged the officers to have him assessed, but they refused because he wasn't telling THEM he was suicidal. When he realized the cops were coming, he actually hid the gun and tried to leave the house. When they arrived, he turned on the charm to a degree that was disturbing. I could hear him just chattin' it up about random guy stuff with the other officer while I was writing my statement sobbing in our ransacked home. He destroyed four house phones and threw my cell phone in the yard when I tried to call 911/they tried to call back.

That situation made me lose nearly all my faith in our current mental health system, and in the legal system's ability to deal with mental illness or protect victims of domestic violence. Dealing with the cops and later, the legal system, was almost more traumatizing than the incident itself.

I think LE officers hands are tied in many situations they shouldn't be, and they also need much better training. Psychopaths are incredibly charming and manipulative.

[FONT=&quot]

Snipped due to length

I can't quite grasp how anyone who is schooled and trained to look for mental disease and/or defect could be so manipulated by someone like ER. They're trained to catch these things.

[FONT=&quot]CNN doing today! It amazes how every detail in ER existence is dissected. How many millions of people ,when intoxicated’ , get into fights, [/FONT]

I finally fell asleep at 7 am after taking a sleeping pill at 10 pm. My hubby hates when I get like this but until I can make sense out of a situation, I can not shut off thinking about it. Does anyone have a list of the songs ER played in his videos? TIA

Hi!

I may be late - but just in case:

• Heaven is a Place On Earth, B. Carlisle

<> Winwood, HIGHER LOVE
  • Promises, Promises, Naked Eyes
  • Walking on Sunshine, Katrina and the Waves
  • Can't Hurry :Love, P. Collins

<>WHitney Houston "How Will I know"
  • The Police, (insert song) - Maybe "Every Breath You take"

Sorry so sloppy.

Luv ya,

G

Someone from the Dermond thread said I should drop in over here, as I work at a psychiatric treatment facility for kids 6-18yo. I haven't had time to go back and read everything about ER, but his youtube videos were jarring to me.

Snipped & BBM

That would be me. :blushing: Glad to see you made it. Interested in reading your insightful views on this tragedy.

Santa Barbara police who investigated gunman [ER] placed on administrative leave
Published May 28, 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/2...igated-hollywood-directors-son-elliot-rodger/

Wow!
I can now officially declare this biggest clusterf** of a case ever reported on.
.From the link you provided.....

Police involved in a shootout with the gunman in the Isla Vista, Calif. massacre on Friday that left seven dead, including himself, are on routine administrative lead pending an investigation.

However, no disciplinary action has been taken against the police officers who were sent to investigate the mental health of Elliot Rodger just weeks before he went on the stabbing and shooting rampage. Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kelly Hoover earlier said they had been placed on administrative leave, but told FoxNews.com on Wednesday night that she had misspoken.

Really?
So kelly Hoover misspoke by saying they were on administrative leave, when really they're actually on administrative LEAD.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ETA: If they can't even manage basic spelling in their rush to have something to report, are we really going to believe the error was made by Ms Hoover rather than them?

Remember the good 'ole days when errors like this came with a retraction by the news source? I miss those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74