NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
does SM have a condition that makes him shake?

Zoey, I think it is just a lot of nervous energy. He probably hates being couped up in jail and now in the court room. jmo

Same way with his attorney (Male) he acts like a caged lion on the prowl, he has a hard time sitting still. When he has the chance he paces. jmo again

Can this judge not make a ruling at the bench? Or is this the norm for NH courts?

Trial resumes with the bench conference... the judge tells jury he is striking the question and the response ...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:01 AM

Atty Davis now... Nathan says he knew Lizzi and Kat were bisexual, but did not know if the two of them had discussed it. Nathan has been dismissed.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:03 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz337KenMVI

The next witness is a young woman with long brown hair ... Irena Kuzma - she's 19, isn't working currently - she just finished her sophomore year in college, was at UNH in Durham in the fall of 2012... she had a chemistry lab Tuesday nights 6 to 9. Labs could end early... maybe til 8:30. Lizzi was one of her classmates. They had a chemistry lecture as well three times a week.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:05 AM

Lizzi and a guy named Kevin were here regular lab partners... they were at the lab on October 9th, 2012. That night it was 'an oscillating reaction' watching chemical solutions change color... said she was acting fairly normal. She was always really happy and put a lot of work into things and she was that way that night. It ended about 8:15 ... Lizzi stayed behind to work on her lab notes. She's excused.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:08 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz337LnoT6e

Next up, Brittany Atwood, Lizzi's girlfriend...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:09 AM

Brittany Atwood is a slight woman, with short brown hair and glasses. She worked with Lizzi at a Stop n Shop in Massachusetts... their relationship became romantic in February 2012, spent lots of time with her and her family - the family was very very close... describes Lizzi as beautiful, inside and out, kindhearted, goofy, hard-working and determined... they saw each other every day, then weekends when she moved for school... but still talked every day and saw each other on weekends.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:14 AM

Jurors heads are moving back and forth between Atty Peter Hinckley's questions and Brittany's answers.. straining now to see an exhibit that shows cell phone numbers and contacts...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:15 AM

Says Lizzi kept little eraser marine animals taped to her car dashboard, whales, dolphins, seals... because Marine Biology was her passion.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:17 AM

ID'ing Lizzi's car on a giant screen, pointing to figurines on the dashboard..
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:18 AM

Brittany says Lizzi loved school, and her job... was not stressed... hadn't made many NH friends yet because she was a commuter student, then would leave for work... Lizzi spoke to her about Kat... who she'd met a Target, at work.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:21 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz337P7ynXr

It was the Tuesday before she went missing that Brittany says was the first time she'd gone to Kat's.. she says they were watching movies, playing games, eating junk food having a good time… who else? Kat’s boyfriend ... but says she talked about other co-workers as much.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:23 AM

Brittany spent the weekend of the 7th with Lizzi.. says she was happy and bubbly... made plans to go on a trip ... told her take Thursday and Friday that next week so she could visit her family and Brittany... that was the plan...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:25 AM

Lizzi talked about hanging out with Nate that next week, and also about hanging out with Kat and her boyfriend - said they were going to be doing the same thing she'd done there before, watching movies, playing games, eating junk food, she was going to go over after her lab Tuesday night.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:27 AM

They exchanged texts on Tuesday... showing one at 2:09pm sent by Lizzi... she wrote 'okey dokey, (with a smiley face), can't wait darling' ... about to add others to large screen so jury can see them
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:31 AM

On the screen, a progression of texts starting at 5:44... about her starting her lab... quick short exchanges... 5 more as of 6:22 ... a few more, but at 8:22 Lizzi sends one, back and forth... 8:31 Lizzi sends another ... several more thru 8:55 - Lizzi says 'you're so cute' .. all happy, upbeat, nice...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:37 AM

That 8:55 text was the last she got... Brittany sent several more... but it would be the last communication she would ever have with Lizzi.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:38 AM

By the next morning, Brittany was getting very nervous, she called her phone, sent texts, facebook messages, called her parents that night. Was interviewed by Dover Police...she provided them with Lizzi's hairbrush and toothbrush.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:40 AM

Brittany says she gave Lizzi an 'Avenue Q' sweatshirt their last day together, and just ID'd a photo of it.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:41 AM

Actually Atty Hinckley was holding a black sweatshirt...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:42 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz337UZgkil

This defense attorney seems a little inexperienced. jmo

I was wondering why no one was objecting to these questions. Not relevant, imo.

Defense Atty Melissa Davis up now... talking about the fact that Brittany had several conversations with police on October 12th... got Lizzi's toothbrush on October 17th... Davis saying that she had a taped conversation with investigators at the end of November.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:44 AM

Atty Davis - you had said your romantic relationship by that spring and by august you had spent a lot of time together - yes - Davis now talking about how busy she got in the Fall with UNH classes and her job at Target.
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:48 AM

Davis says to Brittany that she and Lizzi 'were going thru a rough patch' in the Fall, and Brittany says No... objection... bench conference now... Davis last saying she was just trying to establish the nature of the relationship
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:50 AM

Davis talking about arguments that Brittany would have with her sister who lived with her... and with her sister's girlfriend... not sure where she's going with this... talking about Brittany having hip problems at the time ...
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:51 AM

Davis says to Brittany 'you were sick a lot that Fall, and you had attributed your sickness to stress' Brittany says NO... now at the bench again
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:53 AM

Davis refers to the text history that the state had obtained... from September... one to Lizzi 'I figured out why I'm sick today... stress.... '
by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:55 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz337Xb9o1d

I guess this is all designed to make Lizzie look bad in the juries' eyes?

Also, they are trying very hard to discredit Nate using Brittany and trying to make Brittany look jealous at the same time.

Also, they are trying very hard to discredit Nate using Brittany and trying to make Brittany look jealous at the same time.

I personally loved it when Brittnany said not my cell phone number....

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1m
Defense presents text messages to Brittany in attempt 2 impeach her, Brittany says "That's not my phone number" #WrongNumber #SethMazzaglia

Hey gang! Just caught this trial live streaming but I have a question. Initially I thought the State was going for Murder 1 but recently I thought I read that the State is now seeking Murder 2?

I gotta say I am not over the moon with the State's attorney. I thought I heard the Judge actually ask the State if they were going to object at one point???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong