IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

We can estimate that

When was the last time she was seen alive?, and do you know how far it is from where she was seen to her apartment?

She was spoken to the Friday before at her apt by a friend in France. She was seen talking to her old boss Jimmy at Kingsberry Wafflehouse the week before, along with old work friends.

She celebrated her 20th birthday with her immediate family the week before her murder. She left her son with her maternal grandmother in Crete, IL the weekend before her murder.

Here is a map that shows where she worked etc all places she may have been seen.

http://www.laceygaines.com/google-map-of-lacey-gaines-murder-places-of-interest/

I'm very local to this - within a ten or fifteen minute drive. What can I do to help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very local to this - within a ten or fifteen minute drive. What can I do to help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW!! can you call anyone involved in her case and ask them if they are actively working Lacey's case?

Any help we can get if creating interest and asking them to please prosecute this case. You can find all the people to contact here: http://www.laceygaines.com/about/help-us-2/

You could call and leave a message or write a letter. Anything would be so very helpful.

Do you know of a club which was named Gametime Sports Bar & Grill at 6405 W 127th St, Palos Heights, IL 60463 it's now called X's & O's Sports Lounge & Grill of Palos Heights at the same address. Lacey worked there in 2009 with a military woman name Lynn.

Lacey also had a friend who worked at a place called Sidebar 167 Well near Kedzie. Her friends name was Jill but she goes by La Güerita.

Just ask if anyone knows anything about Lacey Gaines murder at the Sunset Lake Apts in Justice, IL.

If you find someone who wants to talk - we have a PI named Kelly Townsend they can talk to anonymously. There is a 3 – year statute of limitations on obstruction of justice so anyone can talk now without repercussions.

THANK YOU!!!

There seems to be a lot to indicate LE already knows who is responsible, they just don't have enough to bring it before a grand jury supposedly.

If that's the case, then they are most likely sitting on critical information, why? , I don't know ( I have I feeling I know why, but I wont comment)

I believe I also saw somewhere John Douglas offered to help but the police never returned his call (or accepted that offer) .

I'm going to have to go back and look. I've sent letters twice but there were more people on the list. I have to go though and find the link where I found that list. I sent them last in December of 2012. I had a lot going on last december and I totally forgot. I will update and resend them to the people on chacha's link.

Lacey is how I found websleuths.

I think about her a lot.

:rose:

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

WOW!! can you call anyone involved in her case and ask them if they are actively working Lacey's case?

Any help we can get if creating interest and asking them to please prosecute this case. You can find all the people to contact here: http://www.laceygaines.com/about/help-us-2/

You could call and leave a message or write a letter. Anything would be so very helpful.

Do you know of a club which was named Gametime Sports Bar & Grill at 6405 W 127th St, Palos Heights, IL 60463 it's now called X's & O's Sports Lounge & Grill of Palos Heights at the same address. Lacey worked there in 2009 with a military woman name Lynn.

Lacey also had a friend who worked at a place called Sidebar 167 Well near Kedzie. Her friends name was Jill but she goes by La Güerita.

Just ask if anyone knows anything about Lacey Gaines murder at the Sunset Lake Apts in Justice, IL.

If you find someone who wants to talk - we have a PI named Kelly Townsend they can talk to anonymously. There is a 3 – year statute of limitations on obstruction of justice so anyone can talk now without repercussions.

THANK YOU!!!

Yes I used to hit that bar when I was in my early twenties...sadly, about ten years ago. (Referring to the Palos heights location).

Sidebar 167 is in a very rough neighborhood - gang infested and crime is rampant - I'm surprised she worked in that area (Markham area).
I know many people in the area of Justice/hickory hills/Palos hills and I'm going to be referring everyone to the website. I would be glad to contact justice police and convey my interest as a tax payer...also my father was Chicago narcotics officer, but suburban cops share no loyalty to the Chitown guys.
But I'm willing to do whatever I can to help: justice is a safe area - I would never be afraid to drive through there...
Until now. Seems like they're surely lacking in investigative skills...

Prayers to all...let's find this monster.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

There seems to be a lot to indicate LE already knows who is responsible, they just don't have enough to bring it before a grand jury supposedly.

If that's the case, then they are most likely sitting on critical information, why? , I don't know ( I have I feeling I know why, but I wont comment)

I believe I also saw somewhere John Douglas offered to help but the police never returned his call (or accepted that offer) .

Yes I too believe the case is solved but is unresolved. There is a personal injury civil case going on since 8/2011 right now in the Cook County court - you can view it if you search Lacey Gaines.

LE has said they told Lacey's father who they believe killed Lacey.

Many people offered help and all was turned down. LE denies this, although I have every email from those who state they contacted them and were ignored.

• John Douglas
  • Peter Hyatt
  • Wes Clark
  • Clear Channel offered a free billboard near apt complex
  • AMW
  • Connected 2 the Case
  • FindMe
  • Private Investigator Kelly Townsend and ex FBI agent Kelly Snyder
  • Susan Murphy Milano
  • Dana Pretzer
  • Citizens Against Homicide
  • Jon Leiberman
There are many other people offered help and still are helping

I would love to know why you think it is unresolved. Could you PM me?

I greatly appreciate you taking your valuable time to look at this.

Yes I used to hit that bar when I was in my early twenties...sadly, about ten years ago. (Referring to the Palos heights location).

Sidebar 167 is in a very rough neighborhood - gang infested and crime is rampant - I'm surprised she worked in that area (Markham area).
I know many people in the area of Justice/hickory hills/Palos hills and I'm going to be referring everyone to the website. I would be glad to contact justice police and convey my interest as a tax payer...also my father was Chicago narcotics officer, but suburban cops share no loyalty to the Chitown guys.
But I'm willing to do whatever I can to help: justice is a safe area - I would never be afraid to drive through there...

Lacey said she was not afraid when she first moved there. But she later expressed fear when home alone. She was only white person there. Many men at the apt complex harassed her. She was not raped when she was killed.

The friend didn't work at the rough bar when she knew Lacey. The friend would go to soccer games with Lacey and boss Jimmy, an assistant soccer coach from Prairie State Community College.

There are many rumors about Lacey but I think it's just a smoke screen for whomever murdered her. Her ME Postmortem report showed absolutely no evidence of drugs, alcohol, sexual deceases or pregnancy.

She was to be moving back to the home her Dad bought for her, reportedly with her then boyfriend who made the 911 call with an english speaking female. His name is Juan Valedez you can see him and his sisters on Lacey's site.

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate it. If you want I'll send you some small cards to hand out - they're the size of a stick of gum. If you PM me I'll have them sent to you.

Lacey was a good girl, she really was, a very hard worker, a loving mother and daughter. So many people love her and miss her. She'd help anyone. She didn't deserve this.

I'm going to have to go back and look. I've sent letters twice but there were more people on the list. I have to go though and find the link where I found that list. I sent them last in December of 2012. I had a lot going on last december and I totally forgot. I will update and resend them to the people on chacha's link.

Lacey is how I found websleuths.

I think about her a lot.

:rose:

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Awe - you are so sweet. Thank you so much. It often feels like no one cares and then web sleuths friends always help.

God Bless you really good!!

It's nice to see some locals working this case. thank you!

Curious if anyone has heard anything about Lacey?

They were going to be testing some DNA three years ago. What ever became of the test? Did they get a DNA profile?

The Official Unsolved Mysteries has featured Lacey's murder case. The official page for the iconic television series Unsolved Mysteries, which profiles real crimes and mysteries, and was hosted originally by Robert Stack and then by Dennis Farina. http://www.unsolved.com/videos/145

277a9483741519ac6011669bb3342fbd_400x400.jpg
This cold case needs life breathed into it for the sake of Lacey's loved ones. http://www..com/2014/10/cold-case-report-murder-of-lacey-gaines.html

I heard the 1st responders report read that Lacey had been strangled by a rope or electrical cord and there was a 4" gash in her throat. There was a 10" kitchen knife next to her body. No defensive wounds.

It's been reported Lacey had been at a Dr's appt around 3 pm. Her son was at her grandmother's. The police were called by an english speaking friend of Lacey's current boyfriend (who was present when the police arrived.) The police found her covered in blood and she was pronounced dead at 7:19.

Lacey had come to me last year asking for help. She stated she was a victim of abuse by her ex boyfriend. She had an OP against him and had a trap on a phone and a few police reports of harassing phone calls and text messages.

Lacey also called and spoke with various other professional advocates, shelters and atty's. Her ex-boyfriend had filed a petition for parentage last spring.

Lacey spoke fluent spanish.

The police held both the ex and current boyfriends for 24 hours.

Thank you for your kind words. Lacey left a 2 year old son.

Lacey had asked me for help based upon my daughters case and she thought becuase of the help my daughter had received she might also.

If you care to read more about my daughter you can look at my blog here on websleuths.

I appreciate all you kind words. God Bless.

Cherry Simpson

I am very sorry for your loss.
What I would do is contact as many of Lacey's acquaintances as you can and ask them directly if they know anything about her murder.
Relationships change over time and it is not uncommon for someone to offer knowledge of a crime when they might have been covering up that fact protecting the perpetrator earlier on. Try to learn names, places and events that Lacey may have come in contact with shortly before her death. Once you get a few more names, contact them and so on.

If her throat was cut and a rope was around her neck as well, it sounds to me like it was a crime directed specifically at her out of anger as opposed to a crime of opportunity by a would-be burglar.

Do you have any of the official records?
Was an autopsy performed?
You can obtain these records at the Medical Examiners office.

You might also obtain a copy of the police report to learn the exact conditions that the police found.

It is very difficult to keep a murder quiet. Someone, somewhere knows about it and they may just need a little nudge to come forward..

Best of luck.
GT

The autopsy report wrongly listed Lacey as Hispanic. I feel they felt it was not worth effort.
It’s been years but I believe the Police knew who killed her.
The autopsy did remark about defensive wounds and that her throat was slashed first then strangled. She had outher wounds.
This all happened around same time as scandal with stacked and leaking dead bodies. Much corruption.
The ex has had all gang tattoos removed.
He has married a girl who looks remarkably like Lacey.
There has been no movement in case. I highly doubt there ever will be.
Her father sued the city and the apt complex.
I doubt it will ever be solved.

Why is LE not saying anything at all about this case? Other than to say her ex-boyfriend is not a suspect MANY YEARS AGO? The treatment of this case is abysmal. It's almost been 9 years now. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back