Jason Young to get new trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no financial motive at the time of the murder. He seemed to be eating his cake and having it too in terms of girlfriends, travel, lifestyle, family, job and so on. Why would he throw all that away? That is, if we eliminate the allegation that finances was a motive, what is the motive?

Happy B'Day Otto!!

There was no motive. The financial motive was just a red herring as was the hotel rock/camera.

Maybe the next time the defense needs to either do the math with the times or provide calculators to the jury. By the prosecution's own theory, Jason would have arrived back at the hotel while no rock was in the door and that stairwell camera was fully functional.

JMO

But the question was who thinks about their house immediately?

Someone who is employed in a job that requires extensive travel and is worried about being a single parent to a toddler.

There was no financial motive at the time of the murder. He seemed to be eating his cake and having it too in terms of girlfriends, travel, lifestyle, family, job and so on. Why would he throw all that away? That is, if we eliminate the allegation that finances was a motive, what is the motive?

There is no motive, he was never going to get his hands on the insurance money, and he didn't need to kill MY to do what he wanted. They argued, a lot, but there was no violence or abuse, they were not in the best place in their marriage, but who is to say they wouln't get past it or work it out.

Quotes are messing up again.

Someone who is employed in a job that requires extensive travel and is worried about being a single parent to a toddler.

And, someone who doesn't want to go back to a home they were once happy in and also someone who did not want to go where a murder happened.

And imagine what financial strife he would be in if he divorced Michelle and had to pay spousal and child support!

Strife? How so? They had been married less than three years plus Michelle had an excellent career so spousal support would be unlikely. He could well afford to pay child support.

JMO

And, someone who doesn't want to go back to a home they were once happy in and also someone who did not want to go where a murder happened.

Plus, their child may have witnessed that murder in that home. I wouldn't go back.

Valid points of course, but the question was who thinks of that immediately?

Valid points of course, but the question was who thinks of that immediately?

Thanks Tia. :) I still think someone asked him first what his plans were, if he was going to go back to Birchleaf, and he was just thinking out loud. Anything he said that was a little off was going to be looked at it suspiciously,
LE had their guy. It said so in all of the search warrants for Jason Young.

Hi Tia. :) I still think someone asked him first what his plans were, if he was going to go back to Birchleaf, and he was just thinking out loud. Anything he said that was a little off was going to be looked at it suspiciously,
LE had their guy.

I don't know why it is considered "a little off" to be thinking of what was going to happen without his job. It would be the first thing on any parent's mind if they suddenly found themselves a single parent AND sole provider.

It was impossible for him to continue traveling. He had to find another job AND help caring for his child and he did just that.

JMO

I don't know why it is considered "a little off" to be thinking of what was going to happen without his job. It would be the first thing on any parent's mind if they suddenly found themselves a single parent AND sole provider.

It was impossible for him to continue traveling. He had to find another job AND help caring for his child and he did just that.

JMO

Hello?????? the FIRST thing??????? IMO what he said was way, way, way weird. How bout "What happened to my wife?" "Who in hell did this?" "My wife is gone"..............

Yes, Landonsmom, excuses, excuses.........getting more bizarre by the minute.

Hello?????? the FIRST thing??????? IMO what he said was way, way, way weird. How bout "What happened to my wife?" "Who in hell did this?" "My wife is gone"..............

Yes, Landonsmom, excuses, excuses.........getting more bizarre by the minute.

It certainly be the last thing on my mind. First thing would be WHAT HAPPENED!??!??! I don't know that my finances would be thought much about initially...... but that's just me.

Evidence in the form of testimony shows he was not curious how 29 yr old pregnant wife came to be dead. Never asked. Only concerned about toddler daughter. Within 8 hrs of learning wife died he's commenting about "taking a hit on the house." Any jury member with a few brain cells will wonder why a husband wouldn't ask a most basic question that everyone else would, and then why a "hit on the house" are the first words he says to the mother of the woman who just sustained 30+ hits to her head.

^^^ I seriously doubt it happened like that at all. It is being taken out of context to make Jason look worse, if that is even possible. I guess things like shock do not matter. How does anyone remember exactly what someone says or does when the news of a loved one comes so abruptly and without any warning? Unless we were there, we don't know what happened, what was said, or, in what order it was spoken.

Listen to Heather's testimony and you will hear how confused they all were, and how they all were trying to find out what happened on the trip back, all of them, Jason included. Then his friend calling him telling him the police are asking questions about him....

Details were confusing and coming in fast but sketchy, in fact there were thoughts that possibly Michelle had a miscarriage, , who knew what to think or believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa