Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno:

Strange thou, that they ignored what they actually did find all those years ago.

I really hoped they were ruling EVERYTHING else out...to circle back to the original theory of the crime.

I thought they had found something of evidentiary value in the cell phone records.. Iirc the original suspects deleted their phone logs before handing them over to LE.

Heavy sigh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Si what was the grand total cost of this little adventure?

Oh I'd love to see some interviews of locals and of folks back in the UK

Operation Grange, how to best describe it? I'm gonna to quote Casey Anthony ...it was a WASTE A HUGE WASTE!!!!

For a little view from the UK, I remember how concerned we all were when she first went missing but the tide of sympathy is shifting (mainly due to the parents and not at all to do with Madeleine) and cynicism is starting to become more prevalent.

There is also concern about resources spent on a case over 7 years old where no real progress seems to be made and I've seen and heard several people wondering how come the same attention and resource has not been given to other similar cases (Ben Needham is a case in point) and why so much political weight has been thrown behind this with successive Prime Ministers being personally involved.

One thing everyone seems to agree on is a desire to see justice for Madeleine, whether the parents, an abductor, three drug dealers/burglars or whoever else was responsible.

Latest from cnn

A A A (resize font)
Last week, sources told CNN that British police were working on the assumption that Madeleine was dead, while their Portuguese counterparts were working on the assumption that she was still alive and had been taken out of Portugal by a non-Portuguese national who had been in the country for a short time.

Pj now thinks she is alive? I thought they said she died in the apt

It's weird because some reporters seem to think everything is over, while there was this statement on ITV:

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-06-02/madeleine-mccann-praia-da-luz-portugal/

The investigation, dubbed Operation Grange, has so far failed to find any new evidence relating to the youngster despite scouring a 'horse shaped' shaped piece of waste ground west of Praia da Luz for eight days.

They said they were acting on 'just one hypothesis that she was killed and buried locally.'

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "This was the first phase of the investigation which has been agreed with the Portuguese. More activity has been agreed and we expect that to commence shortly.

"There is still a substantial amount of work yet to be completed in the coming weeks and months, which again should be viewed as no more than normal operational activity in a case of this size and complexity. "

The deployment is the "largest ever undertaken by UK police overseas in a case of this type" with a total of 60,000 square metres of land searched, including all utilities, drainage channels and derelict buildings.

Kate and Gerry McCann believe the lack of evidence found during new police searches proves their daughter could still be alive.

The couple say they are "very pleased" with the digs carried out in Praia da Luz over the last 10 days.

"We are further encouraged that despite the intensive searches, no trace of Madeleine has been found and this reinforces our belief that she could still be alive," they said in a statement.

more here

http://news.sky.com/story/1280871/mccanns-search-shows-madeleine-may-be-alive

Is there a precedent for kidnapped toddlers being found alive and well years later, living as part of another family as the best of all possible outcomes here?

I think that's what we would all like but the odds are against it

Eight-day search near apartments where Madeleine McCann vanished in 2007 is called off as locals turn on British police with graffiti calling officers 'stupid'

article-2654890-1EA9CA5200000578-996_634x394.jpg

:tantrum: ‘This was the first phase of this major investigation, which has been agreed with the Portuguese following the four International Letters of Request submitted to date.
More activity has been agreed and we expect that to commence shortly.'

Loads more pic's at link

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26...-today-near-went-missing-seven-years-ago.html

Scotland Yard is a joke. Officially.

From the link:

In a statement they said: "We are very pleased that significant activity has taken place in Praia da Luz over the last eight days.

"We are further encouraged that, despite intensive searches, no trace of Madeleine has been found and this reinforces our belief that she could still be alive.

"As parents of a missing child, we have always wanted all reasonable lines of inquiry to be followed.

"It is gratifying to know that a substantial amount of work will take place over the coming months with the close co-operation of the British and Portuguese authorities.

"We would like to thank all those involved for their efforts and members of the public who have come forward with information."

I dont understand why everyone is so dam upset your attitude would change alot if this was your child that this happen too..and while looking and not finding her seems like a fail its not because elimenating spots is just as good knowing where she isn't will eventually lead to where shi is...as for the money again what if it was your child ..

It wouldn't have happened to my child.
When I go on a family vacation, I spend my time with my family.
I certainly would not leave babies alone to meet up with friends every night and every morning drop them off at the resort daycare.
If I wanted an adult carefree vacation, I'd leave my children at home, with their grandparents.

Is there a precedent for kidnapped toddlers being found alive and well years later, living as part of another family as the best of all possible outcomes here?

I think that's what we would all like but the odds are against it

It's happened a few times. One was a baby girl kidnapped from the hospital at birth. Another was a young toddler boy, kidnapped, and found abandoned years later.

Scotland Yard is a joke. Officially.

Is she the only missing UK child ?
Does Scotland Yard spend this much time, money and resources on every child that goes missing?

Is she the only missing UK child ?
Does Scotland Yard spend this much time, money and resources on every child that goes missing?

Short answer: No.

The majority of missing kids in the UK are teen runaways and parental custody abductions.

Ben Needham's family never got this kind of support when he disappeared from Kos in Greece and neither did Meredith Kercher's family when she was murdered in Perugia.

I am still at a loss as to why successive Prime Ministers have personally intervened in this case.

Welcome Wallrider :)

Ok, I read some recent articles...the parents of MM are saying the fact that the police have found no body in the three places they searched suggests or gives hope MM is still alive....bad logic, if she is dead she could be anywhere

I really have no idea what the police of both countries are up to, I imagine the real story is not being told but we are fed a bunch of BS via all the tabloids. As Tim Burridge BBC reporter on the ground said,this is, and never has been a "normal police investigation"

Libel trial recommences next Monday with the Mccanns going to Portugal to make personal statements in court then have thirty days to get a UK judge who is MMs legal guardian as she is a ward of court, to say they have a right to represent her in their writ demanding a million pounds from the ex detective for publishing a book about the investigation....I wonder sometimes what that households reality is like day in day out, so abnormal, perhaps if they didnt leave their toddlers all alone in the holiday flat with open doors accessable by any tom dick or harry off the street to go out and eat and drink their lives would be so different now

That some people say there was nothing wrong and perfectly acceptable to do this is bizarre

Not that I believe there was any abduction

!

I dont understand why everyone is so dam upset your attitude would change alot if this was your child that this happen too..and while looking and not finding her seems like a fail its not because elimenating spots is just as good knowing where she isn't will eventually lead to where shi is...as for the money again what if it was your child ..

But that could be aywhere on the planet! How can a few digs lead to where she is if shes not there

I think the point is that the investigation for Maddie really gripped people in the UK and elsewhere. We are all participating in the thread because it interests us, too - so we are part of the problem.

Unfortunately, some cases attract more 'celebrity' than others and receive far more attention. It's been this way forever, although it really isn't fair.

As an aside, this really strikes me as odd. The whole dig, the lack of updates, the media casting all stories to the smallest link at the bottom of each page, despite huge interest. Either something is known but cannot be shared yet, or nothing is known and SY are just posturing at request of the government.

I get what your saying but...
The U.K. media has bombarded us with this story for 7 years.
During which ignoring most of the facts.
The libel trials & 'gaggings' (not just on-going one) which there's been a few - U.K. residents, are hardly if at all mentioned.

The McCanns, for whatever reason, are getting all this attention & support, for what essentially was down to them leaving 3 'very young' children alone in an un-secured flat while going to a bar every evening !

Whatever the British press assumes we are not stupid & know how to access the 'web'
Not only do we see that we are being fed a load of BS but many of us have also seen/read the Portuguese (PJ) Files :wink:

And Honestly, if we believed there was a chance of finding a 'live' Maddie the cost wouldn't be such an issue.

*Ask Kerri Needham how much help or funding SHE GOT !*

Sadly, I believe little Maddie has become secondary to what is truly going on.

Just to add: I think most of these sites HAVE already been searched at least once.

Welcome Wallrider :)

Ok, I read some recent articles...the parents of MM are saying the fact that the police have found no body in the three places they searched suggests or gives hope MM is still alive....bad logic, if she is dead she could be anywhere

I really have no idea what the police of both countries are up to, I imagine the real story is not being told but we are fed a bunch of BS via all the tabloids. As Tim Burridge BBC reporter on the ground said,this is, and never has been a "normal police investigation"

:biggrin: The 'FUND'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member