GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the way she acted on TV to the news cameras, I highly doubt that she 'legitimately knows nothing and genuinely believes her brother is innocent'. I don't buy that at all. It's a little coincidental that she flew down to Brisbane just a few days before this all happened.

If she (and the rest of the BC family) genuinely thought their beautiful GBC was innocent and wanted her to come home, surely they would have helped A LOT more than they did when she went missing. They (including GBC himself) would have given statements immediately to police and done EVERYTHING they could to help out with questioning and to also go out searching for her non stop.

This is JMO but if my wife went missing one morning and I was truly innocent and the police were treating it as a homicide, I (along with the rest of my family) would be screaming out to the public for help and we would be be out with the police in their cars scouring the local areas non stop to help find her.

We wouldn't be going to 'vacuum' houses for our business and we surely wouldn't be going down to the Gold Coast to meet with a criminal lawyer on the same day my wife disappeared if I was 'innocent'.

I'm sorry but the way the whole family has acted from the very beginning does NOT show a family that believed in their sons innocence and they quite clearly did not want Alison to 'come home' or to be found.

I fully understand where you are coming from Jam13. Your interpretation of the actions of certain people, does suggest actions that are truly wicked and unacceptable. If people have indeed colluded to cover up a murder I hope each person involved is bought to justice. However, at this point in time I am still open to other reasons for the actions of some individuals. Families have different dynamics, balances of power, and ideas of submission, respect and authority. Is there the possibility that people other than the children have been subjected to "debriefing" that could be manipulative? Could a family in crisis and shock have reverted back to "submitting to the protection and guidance of whoever naturally leads that family?" Established family patterns and culture would be hard to divert from in times of extreme crisis. These thoughts, combined with the acknowledgement that the shock of what happened to Allison would have
created a lot of grief, stress, turmoil and confusion for each individual in the family, makes me keep an open mind about some people's actions.

I finally saw the video and the photos of Allison's home, it was beautiful
so homely and full of love, the little girls must have been so happy.
She was a lovely mummy.

Isn't it funny how people see different things - my impression of the house was that it was very unloved and in need of a good clean up and the yard and outside were very neglected. The furnishings were very cheap looking which really surprised me The house looked to me like someone who was suffering from depression and really didn't have the energy to make it as they would want it.

I still wonder about the night of the first bail hearing (aborted due to a bomb scare), when the police landed at the BC senior residence and searched nbcs car. What was it about and what were they expecting to find? I wonder if we will hear more about this.

We never heard about an arrest in relation to the bomb scare either. This case has been full of drama.

Good morning everyone :)

My very first thoughts at that time were that police may have been searching for passports. I thought back then & still think it now, they fully expected GBC would get bail & were ready to get him out of the country. To send five detectives to the house, it had to be something big.

As we all know, GBC was considered a flight risk & was denied bail.

June 22, 2012

DETECTIVES investigating the alleged murder of Allison Baden-Clay returned last night to her in-laws' home where they conducted further searches of their property.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lays-parents-car/story-e6freoof-1226404830587

Isn't it funny how people see different things - my impression of the house was that it was very unloved and in need of a good clean up and the yard and outside were very neglected. The furnishings were very cheap looking which really surprised me The house looked to me like someone who was suffering from depression and really didn't have the energy to make it as they would want it.

I thought it looked exactly the same as my rental house did back in the day when I was a single Mum, working full time and with 3 young girls about the same age as Allison's girls- money and time poor, but rich in love.

The Coffee Club closed yonks ago (there is a Mexican restaurant there now). But there are lots of places to grab a coffee in Kenmore. :)

Thanks Rltp, yes the coffee club is long gone - but I would be keen to know where I could get a coffee from 7:30pm onwards on a Wedn night aside from maccas. All my favourite haunts are long shut by then. The Chinese restaurant at the village I guess. There is that nice new one in/on Princeton st but it wasn't there is 2012. I don't get out much any more though! :)

Yes Whirligig, it was the morning of the 20th that the phone records show ABC's phone making an internet connection to the FTP tower. It doesn't seem to gel at all with the find my phone app locating at 61 Boscombe later that day. In fact, we have discussed it at length in here and it doesn't seem to gel with much at all imo, including GBC's phone records. I'm hoping we will find out more about this during the trial. :)

I think we need to differentiate between those two facts.

The connection to the FTP cell tower was the means by which the phone was connecting to the "net" - but that could have been from anywhere within the area of connectivity for that tower - which is just near the FTP overpass as it goes over the Centenary highway, near the park and soccer fields.

The "Find My Friends" app, on the other hand, is using GPS, cell-tower triangulation, and WiFi points for the phone to locate itself. In other words, it is saying "I am here".

It then transmits that data to the phone or computer that has sent the query, and this is done by either the normal cell-phone call sequence of towers, or via an Internet connection.

Not sure if I'm explaining that clearly.... The connection to the FTP tower suggests that the phone is SOMEWHERE within the area of connectivity, while the app is saying "I am here - at 61 Boscombe Rd or nearby".

How we reconcile those two things is the problem, because I doubt that the phone on Boscombe Rd would connect with the FTP tower - it is at least a couple of hills away, and there are much closer towers with stronger signals - such as up at Kenmore opposite the catholic church - or the Brookfield tower in the opposite direction. I'm really not sure why it would connect to FTP from where it SAYS the phone was.

I actually spent quite some time driving around that whole area when we discussed this several months ago, using my phone to determine which tower I was connecting to and from where. I didn't connect to the Fig Tree Pocket tower until I was up on Moggill Rd at Chapel Hill.

So for me, THAT is where the mystery lies. The phone thinks it is near 61 Boscombe Rd, while the network thinks it is connecting to the FTP tower. I will be very interested to see how the phone tech forensic evidence marries up those two details.

Thanks Rltp, yes the coffee club is long gone - but I would be keen to know where I could get a coffee from 7:30pm onwards on a Wedn night aside from maccas. All my favourite haunts are long shut by then. The Chinese restaurant at the village I guess. There is that nice new one in/on Princeton st but it wasn't there is 2012. I don't get out much any more though! :)

Hi Thinking :)

Back then, in early 2012, there were also at least a couple of decent places for late coffees up in the shops on Moggill Rd in the middle of Kenmore, on the side next to the State School. There was one - which we used to go to - called "The Local Bean" (did a great lunch too - pity they closed) and another one - the biggish one closest to the roundabout (yup - THAT roundabout) which went through various owners and names. I think it used to be called the Apple Tree among other names. Was also very nice - they used to have a jazz piano player there on Wednesday evenings. Also now gone.

The connection to the FTP cell tower was the means by which the phone was connecting to the "net" - but that could have been from anywhere within the area of connectivity for that tower - which is just near the FTP overpass as it goes over the Centenary highway, near the park and soccer fields.

The "Find My Friends" app, on the other hand, is using GPS, cell-tower triangulation, and WiFi points for the phone to locate itself. In other words, it is saying "I am here".

It then transmits that data to the phone or computer that has sent the query, and this is done by either the normal cell-phone call sequence of towers, or via an Internet connection.

Not sure if I'm explaining that clearly.... The connection to the FTP tower suggests that the phone is SOMEWHERE within the area of connectivity, while the app is saying "I am here - at 61 Boscombe Rd or nearby".

How we reconcile those two things is the problem, because I doubt that the phone on Boscombe Rd would connect with the FTP tower - it is at least a couple of hills away, and there are much closer towers with stronger signals - such as up at Kenmore opposite the catholic church - or the Brookfield tower in the opposite direction. I'm really not sure why it would connect to FTP from where it SAYS the phone was.

I actually spent quite some time driving around that whole area when we discussed this several months ago, using my phone to determine which tower I was connecting to and from where. I didn't connect to the Fig Tree Pocket tower until I was up on Moggill Rd at Chapel Hill.

So for me, THAT is where the mystery lies. The phone thinks it is near 61 Boscombe Rd, while the network thinks it is connecting to the FTP tower. I will be very interested to see how the phone tech forensic evidence marries up those two details.

Good explanation Doc - is it feasible that the phone connected to FTP tower via IP address on the phone when it was in a car being driven around the area and never 'disconnected' even though it was out of range? Phone then tossed into yard of 61 Boscombe Road and the cell towers triangulated to locate it using the app, all the while still appearing to be connected via IP to FTP? What is the significance of Chapel Hill? Why were potential jurors from Chapel Hill excluded?

Hi guys,

I'm a new member but have been following from the beginning. This is a great forum with some great insights and I have very much appreciated all the updates last week both from those in the court room and those posting tweets.

One thing that stuck in my mind from NBC's testimony was when he said that GBC would have left at 7.10am on the 20th to search for Allison. So why, just 5 minutes into his "search" did he call 000 at 7.15am??? Wouldn't you drive all possible known routes first and then call? Very odd.

Although it's not there now, and although I don't know where they went for coffee that night (or if indeed they even did), there was a place called the Local Bean that they had coffee at sometimes. It had a tapas menu and was a bit of a meeting place for some. :)

Hi Thinking :)

Back then, in early 2012, there were also at least a couple of decent places for late coffees up in the shops on Moggill Rd in the middle of Kenmore, on the side next to the State School. There was one - which we used to go to - called "The Local Bean" (did a great lunch too - pity they closed) and another one - the biggish one closest to the roundabout (yup - THAT roundabout) which went through various owners and names. I think it used to be called the Apple Tree among other names. Was also very nice - they used to have a jazz piano player there on Wednesday evenings. Also now gone.

Haha. Snap. I didn't see your post about the bean before I made mine. :)

I thought it looked exactly the same as my rental house did back in the day when I was a single Mum, working full time and with 3 young girls about the same age as Allison's girls- money and time poor, but rich in love.

I suspect that the couple's financial onus was on the business and not on home luxuries. It is not abnormal to wait until the business is doing extremely well before spending on things that are unnecessary. Often quality family holidays are higher on the priority list as well when kids are small. Good things get scribbled on and climbed by little ones, it isn't worth the tension. I pass no judgement on what looks to be cosy, unlike TM, who inserted her opinion in her statement. As for TM having her hands on the owner data for the house, I wouldn't be surprised if it was owned by a company, in which case G could have insinuate he owned shares ... she wouldn't have worked for 'just anybody'.

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there an actual time for the phone at Boscombe Rd and connecting to the FTP tower? Could the phone have been moved?

All I can see is a bunch of inconsistencies at every turn in the case.

Anyone know what the penalty is for lying under oath?

Hi guys,

I'm a new member but have been following from the beginning. This is a great forum with some great insights and I have very much appreciated all the updates last week both from those in the court room and those posting tweets.

One thing that stuck in my mind from NBC's testimony was when he said that GBC would have left at 7.10am on the 20th to search for Allison. So why, just 5 minutes into his "search" did he call 000 at 7.15am??? Wouldn't you drive all possible known routes first and then call? Very odd.
...... and I still think that he was with Olivia (most likely in her vehicle) who he had probably phoned to see him do this ...... when he phoned 000 at 7.15am.

I suspect that the couple's financial onus was on the business and not on home luxuries. It is not abnormal to wait until the business is doing extremely well before spending on things that are unnecessary. Often quality family holidays are higher on the priority list as well when kids are small. Good things get scribbled on and climbed by little ones, it isn't worth the tension. I pass no judgement on what looks to be cosy, unlike TM, who inserted her opinion in her statement. As for TM having her hands on the owner data for the house, I wouldn't be surprised if it was owned by a company, in which case G could have insinuate he owned shares ... she wouldn't have worked for 'just anybody'.

Isn't the house owned by the child care centre next door?

Isn't the house owned by the child care centre next door?

If so, what's to stop G from saying he has shares? He WAS head of the local chamber of commerce. T attended at least one social gathering of the fake Tahitian Prince. What more can I say?

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there an actual time for the phone at Boscombe Rd and connecting to the FTP tower? Could the phone have been moved?

Yes there are times. The time for the find my phone location is in the police officers statement and the time for the net connection is in ABCs phone records. From memory I think the find my phone location was approximate. I would look them up for you but I'm on my phone, sorry. Someone else might know though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82