The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 53s

Nigel: arranged significant amount of death cover for Allison. #badenclay

Something I've wondered about but never heard mentioned - how much life insurance did GBC have on himself???

You'd expect that in a normal situation, his would be the same if not greater, considering he was [meant to be] the main breadwinner.

Odd to me that Olivia, with her training in psychology and her diagnostic skills just didn't pick up on her own brothers manic depressive manifestations... there they were, sticking out like a fish in a tree... the debts, the financial madness, the insane borrowing without a prayer of paying it back, even borrowing from Mum and Dad and the brother, among so many others, the subdued wife, the nervous girls, the rented property , the maxed out credit cards, the bills the bills the bills....

You'd think she would be onto this...

Even odder, Gerard chooses as an extramarital romp a woman who is in the severest depression.. she 's in a bad defacto connection, she leaves this with her children, she collapses and howls and screams in a carpark when she is fired, she collapses again in front of Jocelyn Frost when she cannot cope with her days at another job, she is frightened , she is perpetually angry, she makes outrageous demands on him. You'd think with Gerards long experience of a 'depressed wife' that he would have run a mile from it..

But not a bit of it. he eagerly embraces it....

Would he not have gotten rid of it before calling the police if there was something incriminating about it? After Mrs Dickie's comment about the kitchen seeming sterile, I am thinking that GBC might have given the house a good tidy up during the night of the 19th, knowing that he would have to call the police in at some point the next day and trained, professional eyes would be making judgements.

But then again, he also missed a spot in the Captiva…

Obviously, mrs Dickie said there was something wrong it was too spick and span. She was pulled up using the word 'clinical'. Did she smell bleach or cleaning agents?

I am thinking TM was the dominant part of the relationship and he wanted that rather than the wife he was used to domineering. If my husband told my mother not to interfere with the raising of my children I suspect I would have had some problems with that myself very early in the marriage.

IMO they are trying to ascertain Allison's moods and behaviour leading up to her dissappearance and the BCs mentioned her depression at the beginning. Also finding empty Zoloft packets in the car (which I think was planted as she had kids and would have medication just any where plus you get into a routine in taking them leaving them in the same place so you don't forget to take them).

Most of the witness's that seen her in the week leading to her disappearance have said that she was very happy and she had made plans ect. I'm hoping that the will have an expert come in and talk about someone's behaviour when they are severely depressed. Then the jury will see that leading up to her death that without reasonable doubt Allison was not suicidal. She did die at the hands of someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they are tryin to justify Gerards unchristian roaming around...

maybe they are not embarrassed by murder but humiliated by adultery.. I just don't know.. logic and the BC 's on the stand are strangers..

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 44s

Nigel #badenclay: Allison's wardrobe was black, brown, cream, nothing bright. He says indication of a depressed person. @9NewsBrisbane

Oh good grief - black is slimming, practical, flattering on redheads/blondes and goes with nearly everything.

Grrr

JMO but it's about time the prosecution bared their teeth.

Where are the hard questions?

Oh good grief - black is slimming, practical, flattering on redheads/blondes and goes with nearly everything.

Grrr

Yep... when you have kids you learn to wear darker clothes, haha. Depressed or not. Dark clothes are both slimming and good for hiding dirty finger marks!!!

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Gerard Baden-Clay ‘calm’ as he told police Allison was missing #badenclay

Odd to me that Olivia, with her training in psychology and her diagnostic skills just didn't pick up on her own brothers manic depressive manifestations... there they were, sticking out like a fish in a tree... the debts, the financial madness, the insane borrowing without a prayer of paying it back, even borrowing from Mum and Dad and the brother, among so many others, the subdued wife, the nervous girls, the rented property , the maxed out credit cards, the bills the bills the bills....

You'd think she would be onto this...

Even odder, Gerard chooses as an extramarital romp a woman who is in the severest depression.. she 's in a bad defacto connection, she leaves this with her children, she collapses and howls and screams in a carpark when she is fired, she collapses again in front of Jocelyn Frost when she cannot cope with her days at another job, she is frightened , she is perpetually angry, she makes outrageous demands on him. You'd think with Gerards long experience of a 'depressed wife' that he would have run a mile from it..

But not a bit of it. he eagerly embraces it....

Women who suffer are aphrodisiac to a certain type of man

Then there are those women unprepared to suffer. Will be interesting to hear from the other girlfriends

Difference between Allison and the main-mistress being Allison had suffered hard and popped back up like a cork. She was coming back fighting. She had plans. She'd been thrust down to the darkest pits but wasn't prepared to stay there. Life to live, futures to make, laughter to be had

The mistress didn't have that Allison fight and instead wallowed in it, refused to face facts

Main of all, the mistress was content to remain a plaything, a dependant, a sponge. She was needy as hell and just about had 'Kick Me I'm a Masochist' tattooed across her forehead. Much joy to be had there for a sadistic, misogynistic, wannabee failure who apparently couldn't function without a female-football dragging along in his wake

My opinion? GBC and TM wouldn't have made it past two years if they'd had free rein post-Allison. In fact, again in my opinion, there might very well have ended up being a suicide for real there

Some men hunt big game. Misogynists collect women's scalps

1:25pm Wrap: Before the lunch break ...

The court was also shown a series of text messages between Allison Baden-Clay and Kerry-Anne Walker on the night of April 19, 2012.

Ms Walker had messaged her friend about 7.30pm to ask her if she could return some ball gowns which she had borrowed the next day.

Mrs Baden-Clay replied: "Of course! Sorry you had to chase them up. I am in the city all day at the convention centre so can drop then off on my way home about 6pm?? Is that ok or do you need them for tomorrow night?? Alx"

Ms Walker replied: "Nope - all good."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz34lzNrDEP

1:19pm Wrap: So far today ...

Gerard Baden-Clay's father Nigel Baden-Clay returned to the witness box. He spoke more about his daughter-in-law's depression and said he believed it manifested in the way she dressed in "dull colours".
Mr Baden-Clay's sister Olivia Walton was second to take the stand. Ms Walton spoke at length about Mrs Baden-Clay's battle with depression and anxiety after the birth of her first daughter, saying her sister-in-law struggled to cope with day-to-day life.
Mrs Baden-Clay's mother Priscilla Dickie stepped into the witness box shortly after midday. She said she rushed to her daughter's house on Friday, April 20, after receiving a phone call from her son-in-law Gerard. Mrs Dickie said she arrived to find Gerard dressed in a suit and tie and appearing "just as calm as a cucumber".
Mrs Dickie said Mr Baden-Clay also had three scratches on the right side of his face that morning. She made the motion of scratching her face as she described her son-in-law's injury.
Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend Kerry-Anne Walker then took the stand. She said Mrs Baden-Clay told her in early 2010 that Gerard no longer loved her. But she said Mrs Baden-Clay never confided in her about her husband's affair.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-4-week-2-20140616-3a6an.html#ixzz34lzdfCT6

Something I've wondered about but never heard mentioned - how much life insurance did GBC have on himself???

You'd expect that in a normal situation, his would be the same if not greater, considering he was [meant to be] the main breadwinner.

GBC had insurance policies of approx $2.5m. Its in the first bail hearing documents - the Statement of Tommy Laskaris. :)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Nigel: Allison's dress 'always of a dull nature - think that was an indication she was a depressed person'. #badenclay

I have been at the trial for the Morning session but in the overflow courtroom and this comment by Nigel caused a big commotion including people getting out "i am wearing back so i must be depressed!"

Will report back later.

I was pondering Priscilla's beautiful demeanour. And I was thinking: "Like Mother, like Daughter."
Even in the face of terrible adversity, she manages to be upbeat and positive. To look ahead into the future.
She has every reason to be depressed (as NBC would dare suggest, no diagnose depression). I would say, sad.
However she appears to have the ability to see beyond her sadness and personal situation, and forge ahead. To do what has to be done, without any fake dramatics.
Priscilla Dickie's coping mechanisms are extraordinary.
She also appears an extremely dignified Lady.
I ponder, Like Mother, like Daughter.

On a radio news report today it said Olivia Baden Walton. Is that what she went by?

Ol' Nige's fashion diagnosis has to be the most ridiculous statement of the day. I hope all Allison's friends, family and supporters turn up for court tomorrow in stylish neutral tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong