Jason Young to get new trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another point --- Why mow the lawn that day if he knows he's about to commit a crime so heinous that he will never again want to step foot in the house? Surely he would know that he wouldn't be staying there again following the murder, so why bother cutting the grass at all? I think it's important to look at the actions of people not just after a crime but also before.

Maybe he needed a reason to stay home instead of leaving early for his meeting? He could have left earlier and gone the entire way, settled in and been on time for the meeting.

Okay, assuming that's true...what difference does it make if he arrives at his mom's before it's discovered? Certainly he can't be the one to find the body when he's 200 miles away.

My point is that there was no reason for him to visit an additional customer when he's already so exhausted from being awake all night and all the driving and cleaning up, filling up the gas tank with what would have to have been previously purchased gas in cans he would have had to have with him and then disposing of the cans, tampering with cameras at just the right time, etc. Exhausting just thinking about it. Why not just go to his mom's? There was no logical reason to kill more time out and about. I believe this strongly points to innocence as does mowing the lawn the day before and calling MM first thing in the morning (knowing certainly that his calls would be looked at).

I disagree.

Because his attorney's told him not to.

He couldn't go with his attorney and answer those simple questions?
IMO, he didn't want to. He avoided any face to face encounters with LE. He didn't even face them when he returned to his SIL's house. He ran in the house and hid. He couldn't look them in the eye. JMO.

So now we have a female burgler......and whm might you be referring to? There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE at all that points to a burgler male or female.

When there is an intruder and valuable jewelry is stolen, that is evidence of a burglary. There is always the question of whether the burglary was staged, but that does not negate the fact that there was a burglary.

IMO, he didn't want to. He avoided any face to face encounters with LE. He didn't even face them when he returned to his SIL's house. He ran in the house and hid. He couldn't look them in the eye. JMO.

IF I am paying big bucks to a high-powered attorney, you are darn straight I am doing everything they tell me to do.

So now we have a female burgler......and whm might you be referring to? There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE at all that points to a burgler male or female.

Of course there is. There are valuables missing and unknown DNA and fingerprints in the house. Please review the expert testimony

Well since you brought it up.....why didn't Jason go with investigators in the first place to ascertain what was missing, what was askew.........

The home was a sealed crime scene when Jason arrived at home ("in the first place"), so there was no opportunity to do a walk through and discuss what about the home was different.

Okay, assuming that's true...what difference does it make if he arrives at his mom's before it's discovered? Certainly he can't be the one to find the body when he's 200 miles away.

My point is that there was no reason for him to visit an additional customer when he's already so exhausted from being awake all night and all the driving and cleaning up, filling up the gas tank with what would have to have been previously purchased gas in cans he would have had to have with him and then disposing of the cans, tampering with cameras at just the right time, etc. Exhausting just thinking about it. Why not just go to his mom's? There was no logical reason to kill more time out and about. I believe this strongly points to innocence as does mowing the lawn the day before and calling MM first thing in the morning (knowing certainly that his calls would be looked at).

I do not know the exact times but I am sure if this theory does not work it will be pointed out to me :giggle:

Is it possible he was getting worried that his calls to MF were not being answered so he made that extra sales call to establish one more little bit of alibi (and keep him from heading home a little bit longer)?
Maybe he didn't want to head to the parents house too soon for any number of reasons? Like perhaps steeling himself for things he was going to have to deal with very soon?

Just putting possibilities out there...

PS- Trying to remember when he started calling MF. That timing could make all of the above moot.

There are two ways to interpret what Jason did when he arrived at Meredith's home: his priority was his daughter and he immediately sought to comfort her, or he should have left her alone, and spent time with police ... whose only objective was to pin him (the suspect) to a story.

The home was a sealed crime scene when Jason arrived at home ("in the first place"), so there was no opportunity to do a walk through and discuss what about the home was different.

Actually, though it was a sealed crime scene, police still could have walked him through. They walked MF through the next day. He was following the advice of his lawyers as anyone would do in this situation.

I do not know the exact times but I am sure if this theory does not work it will be pointed out to me :giggle:

Is it possible he was getting worried that his calls to MF were not being answered so he made that extra sales call to establish one more little bit of alibi (and keep him from heading home a little bit longer)?
Maybe he didn't want to head to the parents house too soon for any number of reasons? Like perhaps steeling himself for things he was going to have to deal with very soon?

Just putting possibilities out there...

PS- Trying to remember when he started calling MF. That timing could make all of the above moot.

Why am I thinking it was 7:30 am? He said he knew she was a late riser, but left her a msg.

There are two ways to interpret what Jason did when he arrived at Meredith's home: his priority was his daughter and he immediately sought to comfort her, or he should have left her alone, and spent time with police ... whose only objective was to pin him (the suspect) to a story.

True. I would have been pissed to arrive in town and they immediately take my vehicle and all property contained in it and had already been to my friends and asking about the relationship and things like that. I wouldn't have wanted to talk to them either and with the lawyer telling him not to talk to them, it was easy advice to follow in the situation.

True. I would have been pissed to arrive in town and they immediately take my vehicle and all property contained in it and had already been to my friends and asking about the relationship and things like that. I wouldn't have wanted to talk to them either and with the lawyer telling him not to talk to them, it was easy advice to follow in the situation.

Not to mention the threatening way he was spoken to by LE.

The purse was in plain view when someone was standing in the kitchen, not when someone was standing at the foot of the stairwell looking into the kitchen.

Have you ever been in a house with this floorplan?

I have, several in fact and all in Enchanted Oaks. We lived in one almost exactly like Michelle's. While standing in the doorway to the kitchen, you could see through the kitchen and breakfast room to the den. The door from the garage opened to face the stairway, with the kitchen to the left. The was no door there, just a doorway. The refrigerator was recessed, making it level with the countertop and desk. You could see the desk....yes, you could.

Maybe he needed a reason to stay home instead of leaving early for his meeting? He could have left earlier and gone the entire way, settled in and been on time for the meeting.

Actually, he could have left earlier and still spent the night in Hillsville. That wouldn't have looked odd. Say he left at 4, arrived there at 7, had dinner, etc. In fact, maybe his alibi would have been stronger if he showed he was there earlier instead of arriving at 11 only to turn around and drive the whole way back.

Mowing the lawn = indication of innocence

I never thought it made a difference if he arrived at his moms before or after Michelle was discovered. I just think he was taking his good old time, finding things to do until he got the call from Meredith. Too much of a coincidence...sending her over there.... He was waiting. He wanted as many people to see him as possible. And he was MORE than capable of getting all of that done because his adrenaline must have been pumping like crazy.

He most certainly could have....Meredith had to go in his place.

Actually, though it was a sealed crime scene, police still could have walked him through. They walked MF through the next day. He was following the advice of his lawyers as anyone would do in this situation.

*BBM*
This keeps being said. To me it just is not flying. JMO.

If I was in his situation (gods forbid) and I was innocent I would do anything I could to help LE determine who had done this to my family.
If needed I would have the lawyers accompany me during the walk through.

Have you ever been in a house with this floorplan?

I have, several in fact and all in Enchanted Oaks. We lived in one almost exactly like Michelle's. While standing in the doorway to the kitchen, you could see through the kitchen and breakfast room to the den. The door from the garage opened to face the stairway, with the kitchen to the left. The was no door there, just a doorway. The refrigerator was recessed, making it level with the countertop and desk. You could see the desk....yes, you could.

If you come across a floorplan where there clear sight lines from the garage door at the bottom of the stairs to the hallway by the small mainfloor bathroom, please post it. Floor plans from different sources indicate that it is not possible to see the location of the purse from the bottom of the stairwell.

If you come across a floorplan where there clear sight lines from the garage door at the bottom of the stairs to the hallway by the small mainfloor bathroom, please post it. Floor plans from different sources indicate that it is not possible to see the location of the purse from the bottom of the stairwell.

There is not a hallway......you come in from the garage, are in a "mudroom", you are facing the stairs to the bonus room, and the kitchen is on the left. The is no door or hallway going into the kitchen.

I have been/lived in a house almost exactly like Michelle's house.......I know this to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member