Found Deceased SC - Susan Wilkes, 59, West Columbia, 12 June 2014 *Arrests*

Also,in this update, Joseph knows the person who lives at the home where Susan was found.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/06/19/3517896/father-and-son-charged-with-murder.html?sp=/99/205/&ihp=1

Can you imagine burying your murdered mother in the backyard of some acquaintance? Ugh.

More charges could follow, and others may have been involved or knew about the murder.
http://coladaily.com/2014/06/19/husband-son-charged-with-murder-of-missing-west-columbia-woman/

It will be interesting to see if it's the people at the Little Mountain location. Guess we can't sleuth until any charges, but I checked the property appraisers site and then the court records. Just sayin'.

This article mentions Susan's husband is Controlling and Susan didn't have many friends!!

Susie probably never got to have the "girls night out" and 2-3 day trips to Charleston that he talked about.

I wish there was a way to tell Susie that PLENTY of people do care about her here - though maybe she already knows...

I found it ironic that in his "likes" - under "other"- he lists the Lexington County Sheriffs Office.

I don't know, Eileen, but it needs to stop. I'm sick of seeing women (sometimes men) die with this new method of "divorce, American style". Extremely alarming.

No it happens everywhere, not only in America.

Can you imagine burying your murdered mother in the backyard of some acquaintance? Ugh.

It will be interesting to see if it's the people at the Little Mountain location. Guess we can't sleuth until any charges, but I checked the property appraisers site and then the court records. Just sayin'.

Susie probably never got to have the "girls night out" and 2-3 day trips to Charleston that he talked about.

I wish there was a way to tell Susie that PLENTY of people do care about her here - though maybe she already knows...

I found it ironic that in his "likes" - under "other"- he lists the Lexington County Sheriffs Office.

Quite ironic since the high sheriff just got indicted! "Girls night out" ... my foot!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't buy the garbage spewed out of his mouth at the bond hearing either re: not wanting bail, no trial, guilty plea. And is this, "like father, like son"? Both sound like psychopaths.

Quite ironic since the high sheriff just got indicted! "Girls night out" ... my foot!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't buy the garbage spewed out of his mouth at the bond hearing either re: not wanting bail, no trial, guilty plea. And is this, "like father, like son"? Both sound like psychopaths.

I love it. He is going to cost the taxpayers enough in prison.

Did he take a deal? He talks and pleads guilty and his son walks or gets a lesser sentence?

Or, I wonder whether the son actually did the deed and dad is taking the blame for him since he's old.

I think more points towards the son. I hate to say that because it is hard to believe a son would do that. Could dad be protecting his son? Hard to say what he would do..maybe coming home strung out on drugs and mom nailed him as he came in..In a rage he picks up kitchen knife?

Looking at the responses to a January 18 post on JW's facebook, it appears that Susan may not be his mother.

I can't imagine what her last few thoughts were as she was dying. I have no words right now!

I think more points towards the son. I hate to say that because it is hard to believe a son would do that. Could dad be protecting his son? Hard to say what he would do..maybe coming home strung out on drugs and mom nailed him as he came in..In a rage he picks up kitchen knife?

I'm leaning toward the son too, mostly because his Facebook activity shows "Hunting" and that makes me picture him thrusting a knife into something. Hate to picture that it could have been a human, let alone family.

I'm leaning toward the son too, mostly because his Facebook activity shows "Hunting" and that makes me picture him thrusting a knife into something. Hate to picture that it could have been a human, let alone family.

Shivers!!

I take it this photo in the link, is Joseph, along with Marion's mug shot and a photo of Susan.
He looks Angry!
Also article says Susan's body has been found.
IMOO.
http://www.thestate.com/2014/06/19/3517896/father-and-son-charged-with-murder.html?sp=/99/205/&ihp=1

Very informative article above, Tree.:seeya:

Two tidbits I found particularly interesting in it: It said Wilkes ran a "reclusive" family, and it said Susan's cellphone only had 4 contacts listed. Sounds reclusive to me, and possibly controlling as well. We'll learn a bit more, I hope...

Let me say thanks
icon14.gif
for the great info/links you have been posting. You're making your own case against them! Great info for us hungry sleuthers.

Little Mountain Rd. is where Stephen Beckham dumped his wife's body. (Victoria Beckham.)

Oh, my, that's kinda weird. What a um, er, coincidence... It's a small world, scmom!!

Thanks for the links to articles -- it's early in the case & we're hungry for info. But this case may be over sooner than most...

Missing while going for a walk seems to be the norm for husbands that kill their wives.
Laci Peterson comes to mind. Poor Susan!! In the photo of her, what little animal is she holding? Another animal lover gone...

Very informative article above, Tree.:seeya:

Two tidbits I found particularly interesting in it: It said Wilkes ran a "reclusive" family, and it said Susan's cellphone only had 4 contacts listed. Sounds reclusive to me, and possibly controlling as well. We'll learn a bit more, I hope...

Let me say thanks
icon14.gif
for the great info/links you have been posting. You're making your own case against them! Great info for us hungry sleuthers.

No wonder she would take off with friends for a few days. Wish she could have gotten away for good!

No wonder she would take off with friends for a few days. Wish she could have gotten away for good!

I doubt that was even true...sounds like he would not have allowed her out of his sight.

"Tyndall characterized Marion Wilkes' behavior as odd."
http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crim...on-charged-in-missing-womans-murder/10996703/
Police Chief Tyndall also mentioned that Marion only called LE once and that was to look for Susan that was no where near where her body was found.
Tyndall also mentioned that Marion never called to ask if they had any leads on his wife,or if there was anything he could do or if he could help.
IMOO.

I keep thinking about this part:

“This case is just bizarre,” Tyndall said. “I don’t think in 30 years I’ve had someone report someone missing when they killed them.”

Hmm, if it was the son who killed her maybe MW started getting scared that HE (MW) could be next and so reported it?

And I just read this:

Investigators suspect, but haven't confirmed, money was the motive. They say the husband and son needed it; the wife had it.

http://www.abccolumbia.com/news/local/Missing-Woman-Bled-to-Death-from-Stabbing-263895271.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back