The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 23rd June - Trial Day 8-Jurors Visit Kholo/Brookfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the prosecution is allowed to tell them what the police think happened while they are there looking at the area - or do they have to stay quiet and let the jury take it all in and form their own view (this is probably a silly question)....

When I was a juror on a murder trial, everyone had to keep right away from us at these scenes - even the bailiff who was the only other person on the mini bus with us. No one hears what we were saying and no one was allowed to talk to us. Everyone including the judge had to back off as we approached. In the bus, we were banned from talking about the case in front of the bailiff. It is really up to the jury to decide what they are looking at and why - aside from being told where they are going.
:jail: :twocents: :jail:

Perhaps they didn't need to physically go to the roundabout because they have it all on CCTV and can play that in the courtroom for the jury....

If not, please add me to roundabouts anonymous :floorlaugh:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...its-home-creek-and-bridge-20140623-zsizv.html

Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Jury visits home, creek and bridge
June 23, 2014 - 3:37PM by Marissa Calligeros

"It is not unusual for a jury to visit alleged crime scenes during a trial. The excursion, called “the view” in legal parlance, is designed to help the jury better understand the evidence presented at the trial"...

Perhaps they didn't need to physically go to the roundabout because they have it all on CCTV and can play that in the courtroom for the jury....

If not, please add me to roundabouts anonymous :floorlaugh:

Imagine closing THAT roundabout for even half an hour for a jury visit! I'm sure they could get around it with footage if the jurors REALLY needed to see it.

Is it possible that the jury were driven through the roundabout on their road trip today.?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member