The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big thankyou to all who helped with the updates. Sorry I didn't read them all...lol.

Thanks to everyone for being here for Allison

sunflower_on_blue_thank_you_postcard-raa48e395bc6a4c4694ce584d41c8e51e_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Adjourned until 10:00 Monday - phew! Don't even ask me how much work I managed to do here today. Been in the office all day, Twitter and WS running on auto-refresh, and glued to the screen.

Now the prosecution have 3 days to work out a strategy and define their target points. But of course, he hasn't even got up to the nitty-gritty yet - he's still stuck somewhere back in the mid-2000s.

The only purpose - the ONLY one - I can see for this entire charade, is to paint the black picture of Allison. The long-term depression, emotionally unstable, panic attacks, mood swings, and who knows what's next?

I know we shouldn't pre-judge things, but for crying out loud, this really is slopping on the bovine excrement a bit thick, isn't it?

OMG!!! Just walked in from work! 50 pages to go through! He took the stand! This will require wine. Lots of wine. Thank you to everyone who re-tweeted and commented. Big night ahead for me. No dinner is being cooked until I have read every single thing!

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 2m

The QLD Supreme Court trial has adjourned until 10am Monday. Mr #badenclay is partway through testimony, describing his real estate talents.

I don't think this will go down well with the jury. He is a true narcissist, the penny dropped for me when I realized we had a case here in NZ where a narcissistic killer got up on the stand and spoke for FIVE days.
GBC could be this guys twin.
It backfired big time here and the guy became one of NZ's most loathed killers.
There was talk here of changing the laws so defendants are not allowed to get
up and blame the victim.

I'm curious. Who was this?

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m

#badenclay now telling court where he was when Princess Diana died. @7NewsBrisbane

Who bloody cares!!!

Hey, brought back memories for me! ;)
Can I have a violin too Marly??

I don't think this will go down well with the jury. He is a true narcissist, the penny dropped for me when I realized we had a case here in NZ where a narcissistic killer got up on the stand and spoke for FIVE days.
GBC could be this guys twin.
It backfired big time here and the guy became one of NZ's most loathed killers.
There was talk here of changing the laws so defendants are not allowed to get
up and blame the victim.

FIVE DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?! Noooooooooooooooooooo :tantrum:

a fabulous day in the dock.. watching and hearing for those lucky enough and reading, for me, a sociopath dig his own hole deeper and deeper and deeper, and like all sociopaths, completely unaware of the effect his presentation is having..

3:00pm: Mr Byrne: "Did you fight with her on the evening of the 19th?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "No I did not."

Mr Byrne: "Or the morning of the 20th?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "No I did not."

Mr Byrne: "Did you leave your children to go to the Kholo Creek bridge?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "Definitely not. Never."

Mr Byrne: "Did you ever do a clean-up of the house?"

Mr Baden-Clay: "No."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-11-week-3-20140626-3aumz.html#ixzz35ibeyg3o

Interesting! The only question he answered definitely not to was the one about leaving kids to drive to kholo bridge

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 29s

Court is adjourned until 10am on Monday @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Thank god, I've had enough of his rubbish. Ughhh

Oh thank goodness!
It has been a difficult day listening to all that spiel and spin.

Coffee!!

WS Tweeters and info gatherers deserve a medal for today,
Great job!
Thankyou so much!
:loveyou: :loveyou: :loveyou:

Adjourned until 10:00 Monday - phew! Don't even ask me how much work I managed to do here today. Been in the office all day, Twitter and WS running on auto-refresh, and glued to the screen.

Now the prosecution have 3 days to work out a strategy and define their target points. But of course, he hasn't even got up to the nitty-gritty yet - he's still stuck somewhere back in the mid-2000s.

The only purpose - the ONLY one - I can see for this entire charade, is to paint the black picture of Allison. The long-term depression, emotionally unstable, panic attacks, mood swings, and who knows what's next?

I know we shouldn't pre-judge things, but for crying out loud, this really is slopping on the bovine excrement a bit thick, isn't it?

Off topic but........how do I auto refresh???

OMG!!! Just walked in from work! 50 pages to go through! He took the stand! This will require wine. Lots of wine. Thank you to everyone who re-tweeted and commented. Big night ahead for me. No dinner is being cooked until I have read every single thing!

Don't worry ...there's a LOT of pages that don't need reading.

They're all the same..GBC: "it's about me me me me me me me me"

Anyone else feel that this bunch of hooey is disrespectful to what appeared to be a completely sane , but struggling woman ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - she was having a known, specific side effect to medication for heaven's sake.

It's like saying someone had hay fever then spending a week describing how much her nose was running :banghead:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Gerard says they were staying in a town near an active volcano. He is telling anecdotes from their trip. #badenclay

It's not #$%#% story time!!!

Seems he's really outdoing himself now. Perhaps he thinks he is the guest speaker at a conference and has forgotten where he is and why he is there.:please:

4.30pm: Baden-Clay told the jury they returned to Brisbane at the end of 1999.

He said they returned to jobs at Flight Centre and by 2000 he was 29 or 30 and she was a few years older.

“It was thought we might like to have a family and we should probably settle down at some stage,” he said.

He said his wife had “pretty much” recovered from her episodes while on the Lariam but still seemed more fragile.

“When we got married she was just a world-beater. You know? She could do anything,” he said.

Baden-Clay said they lived with his sister and her husband Ian at Kenmore.

He said he was made redundant in August, 2000.

The accused said they fell pregnant at the Olympics: “She was an Olympic baby”.

He said his first daughter was born on July 3, 2001.

“We always tried to look for the positives in everything, so we thought maybe this is a sign that we should be trying to do something on our own… I was doing a little bit of day trading, we were utilising some of the equity we had in shares but when September 11 came along we were very concerned about how that would have on the travel industry… so we sold a bunch of our shares to make sure we were completely debt free,” he said.

He said they sold their shares on September 11.

Baden-Clay said his wife’s anxiety returned following their first child being born.

“She was very concerned about being a first-time mum,” he said.

He said his wife became progressively very anxious.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa