The Ramseys' own words

rashomon

Reaction score
John and Patsy Ramsey have made quite a few statements which are very revealing.
I recently read this one from Patsy which almost made me fall off my chair:
Ramseys' press conference May 1, 1997:

Patsy: "We feel there are at least two people on the face of this earth that know who did this: and that is the killer, and someone that that person may have confided in."

I think this extremely odd statement is a bombshell. Things which stand out:

- by saying that, Patsy indirectly admits that she knows the ransom note was faked. For: of how many people did the 'small foreign faction' consist'? Per the note, it was a group of people, and in case the Ramseys would not follow directions, JonBenet was going to be 'beheaded' by this very same group. And now suddenly per Patsy there was one lone killer? At this moment, Patsy quite obviously forgot what she had written in the ransom note.

- even if we leave out that Patsy's statement contradicts what was written in the ransom note, and go along with her scenario that one person had killed JonBenet: how can Patsy allege that this person confided in anyone? Most killers don't do that because for obvious reasons it is important for them to keep their mouth shut. The more they talk, the riskier.

And if the killer talked at all, how would Patsy know that he confided in just 'one' person? This doesn't make sense either.

- imo this even rules out Burke as the perpetrator, for suppose Burke did it, both parents would have known this, and not just one parent Burke might have 'confided in'.

Imo, without realizing it, Patsy gave us insight into what happened. Yes indeed, there are "at least two people on the face of the earth that know who did this: the killer (imo Patsy Ramsey) and someone that that person may have condfided in (imo John Ramsey)."

Then Patsy's statement would make sense and she even told the truth here!

rashomon said:
:

Patsy: "We feel there are at least two people on the face of this earth that know who did this: and that is the killer, and someone that that person may have confided in."
Would this be JR and FW???

michelle said:
Would this be JR and FW???
Good one, michelle.:)
But in case your comment was meant to be serious: JR would have gained nothing from confessing to FW, quite the contrary: for how could he expect FW to keep his mouth shut? Or do you mean FW confessed to JR? Same thing.

From whatever angle one looks at Patsy's strange statement: imo there is no other explanation than that without being aware of it, she meant herself and John.

Rashamon-

I see it that way too ! Patsy confessed to John so they both know .

I just started reading PMPT again and I cant get over how JR and FW had that blow up at the funeral.....:waitasec: Are they friends still?? And I was being smart by the comment I made above :D .

The Brother did it and the parents are protecting him. Period. He'll confess when he gets into his adult years and everything he touches turns to crap because of his nightmares and conscience.

rashomon said:
John and Patsy Ramsey have made quite a few statements which are very revealing.

- by saying that, Patsy indirectly admits that she knows the ransom note was faked. For: of how many people did the 'small foreign faction' consist'? Per the note, it was a group of people, and in case the Ramseys would not follow directions, JonBenet was going to be 'beheaded' by this very same group. And now suddenly per Patsy there was one lone killer? At this moment, Patsy quite obviously forgot what she had written in the ransom note.

- even if we leave out that Patsy's statement contradicts what was written in the ransom note, and go along with her scenario that one person had killed JonBenet: how can Patsy allege that this person confided in anyone? Most killers don't do that because for obvious reasons it is important for them to keep their mouth shut. The more they talk, the riskier.

And if the killer talked at all, how would Patsy know that he confided in just 'one' person? This doesn't make sense either.

- imo this even rules out Burke as the perpetrator, for suppose Burke did it, both parents would have known this, and not just one parent Burke might have 'confided in'.

Imo, without realizing it, Patsy gave us insight into what happened. Yes indeed, there are "at least two people on the face that know who did this: the killer (imo Patsy Ramsey) and someone that that person may have condfided in (imo John Ramsey)."

rashomon said:

Imo, without realizing it, Patsy gave us insight into what happened. Yes indeed, there are "at least two people on the face of the earth that know who did this: the killer (imo Patsy Ramsey) and someone that that person may have condfided in (imo John Ramsey)."

Excellent post Rashoman! The woman is subconciously confessing. She also made subconcious confessions when she went on CNN.

She mentioned Susan Smith, the woman who killed her children and blamed a black man.

OJ Simpson who got away with murder.

She was thinking of murderers who lied and obfuscated police investigations.

michelle said:
I just started reading PMPT again and I cant get over how JR and FW had that blow up at the funeral.....:waitasec: Are they friends still?? And I was being smart by the comment I made above :D .
The "discussion" took place after the funeral, not at the funeral. According to Steve Thomas it wasn't a fight, it was FW asking JR why he and Patsy were not speaking to the police. FW was extremely upset and I believe he had a good reason to be. Not for a nanosecond do I believe FW or anyone in his family had anything to do with JBR's murder. I think FW was upset because his daughter was the same age as JBR, and the White's were among the last people to see JBR alive.

I believe Patsy was confessing, all you have to do is watch her body language and the rapid eye blinking that went on during that interview.

One thing that John and Fleet have in common is that they both know - for a fact - that JonBenet's little body was not in the basement room when Fleet searched for her earlier that morning.

Fleet and Priscilla White are not likely to remain friends with anyone that is trying to pin a murder charge on them so I'd bet my life that the chances of a friendship surviving is a Bigger Zero than Patsy is.

<<I believe Patsy was confessing, all you have to do is watch her body language and the rapid eye blinking that went on during that interview>>

I have never seen the interview on CNN.....have just read what was said.
Is that interview online anywhere does anyone know??

RiverRat said:
One thing that John and Fleet have in common is that they both know - for a fact - that JonBenet's little body was not in the basement room when Fleet searched for her earlier that morning.

Fleet and Priscilla White are not likely to remain friends with anyone that is trying to pin a murder charge on them so I'd bet my life that the chances of a friendship surviving is a Bigger Zero than Patsy is.
Yes! Yes! Yes! RR, thank you for putting into words what I couldn't!!!!!!!!!:blowkiss:

Narlacat, I don't know if it is available online or not.

the original tez said:
The "discussion" took place after the funeral, not at the funeral. According to Steve Thomas it wasn't a fight, it was FW asking JR why he and Patsy were not speaking to the police. FW was extremely upset and I believe he had a good reason to be. Not for a nanosecond do I believe FW or anyone in his family had anything to do with JBR's murder. I think FW was upset because his daughter was the same age as JBR, and the White's were among the last people to see JBR alive.

I believe Patsy was confessing, all you have to do is watch her body language and the rapid eye blinking that went on during that interview.
From what I remember reading in the book it was very heated whatever took place. I am unsure of who I think killed JBR, I dont think FW did but maybe he has a "hunch" of who did though? I dont think it was patsy....Who knows I wish one day it would come out but I highley doubt it does....

michelle said:
From what I remember reading in the book it was very heated whatever took place. I am unsure of who I think killed JBR, I dont think FW did but maybe he has a "hunch" of who did though? I dont think it was patsy....Who knows I wish one day it would come out but I highley doubt it does....
I don't think it was all that heated. More like a discussion where emotions were running high. I don't believe FW killed JBR, but I think he probably suspects John and Patsy had something to do with it. And then when the Ramseys threw him under the bus, well, I think that was all he needed to know about what kind of people the Ramseys are.:silenced:

the original tez said:
I don't think it was all that heated. More like a discussion where emotions were running high. I don't believe FW killed JBR, but I think he probably suspects John and Patsy had something to do with it. And then when the Ramseys threw him under the bus, well, I think that was all he needed to know about what kind of people the Ramseys are.:silenced:
Yea thats messed up what they did...

michelle said:
Yea thats messed up what they did...
Very messed up!

Don't forget Patsy agreed with Detective Tom Haney that whomever wrote the ransom note is the killer. Was that another confession?

the original tez said:
Very messed up!

Don't forget Patsy agreed with Detective Tom Haney that whomever wrote the ransom note is the killer. Was that another confession?
See I dont think patsy is the killer, but I have always been open to the fact that they possibly covered it up for someone, burke maybe? I dont know, I sort of think he was too young to do this crime but we know how cruel kids can be....

Burke was a little boy who had his own problems with his mother. Burke is a victim too . Only person not a victim are the ones who have done everything to sell that tale for the past nine and a half years. Patsy is the culprit here - she is the only one where all the pieces fit. She is the only one whose outrageous
behavior is still being discussed with amazement. She had all the necessary
componets. The means, opportunity and motive. While I dont know for sure
what the motive is, I am certain she has justified it to herself and it makes sense to her.
A normal mother could not do these things to her child but Patsy is not normal and may never have been. This woman lives in her own world with her own rules .

JMO

My own personal opinion is that Patsy isn't the killer, and doesn't know who the killer is. After ten years under the umbrella and an LE microscope there's nothing . She isn't a brilliant mind, criminal or otherwise, she couldn't have "pulled" this off.

sissi said:
My own personal opinion is that Patsy isn't the killer, and doesn't know who the killer is. After ten years under the umbrella and an LE microscope there's nothing . She isn't a brilliant mind, criminal or otherwise, she couldn't have "pulled" this off.
I think there is a lot pointing to her guilt. But the reason Patsy and John (I think John helped her in the staging) have never been brought to justice is obvious: No tough DA has ever held their feet to the fire. If this had happened, I don't think they would have stood up to the pressure, at least Patsy wouldn't have, and she probably would have confessed.
But DA Alex Hunter did not want this case to be investigated as it should have been because he let himself be intimidated by the powerful Team Ramsey lawyers.

So it was the fault of a spineless DA and his minions that even someone like Patsy could get away with this crime despite the poorly staged scene.

I agree with your opinion that Patsy isn't a brilliant mind; for if she were a brilliant mind, she certainly would have written a better ransom note and not such an absurdly ridiculous concoction. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back