GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what I said... It was paraphrased, but to a tee.

My quote: "My understanding is that officer Pierce told him to call his wife and then more-or-less coached him and wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened saying things like, "just tell her what happened!" "

Witness quote: ""'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him.""

funny, The witness doesn't mention hearing the officer saying just what to say to his wife. You know, coaching. :facepalm:

I don't know what you call someone standing over you telling you what to say but I call it "coaching"

He didn't tell him What to say. He said to tell her what is going on. "Tell your wife your child is dead and you left them in the car." THAT is coaching.

coaching and forcing by LE of Harris to phone his wife is pure speculation as far as I know.

This discussion has gotten too contentious and is moving too fast for me to keep up.

Goodnight all.

Will check in for news tomorrow.

"'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-awful-day-make-supporters-think-twice.html

Or it could be a police officer standing with him trying to get him to focus on something other than theatrics. My Own Opinion

funny, The witness doesn't mention hearing the officer just what to say to his wife. You know, coaching. :facepalm:

I retract coaching... I was just answering a question out of my head and then got called out to support it... Forget coaching. I answered and I supported ... Withdrawn. :)

But you know you are this way, so you are exceedingly careful. These other parents allow themselves to be so distracted, preoccupied or in a rush for something else. They do not choose to do the correct thing and slow down to place the correct priorites. You do, and I can't compare that to a parent who doesn't and their child dies as a result.

I hear you and that's why I think every case is different. Even people without a diagnosed attention issue can have a busier more frantic morning than normal and suffer a lapse in memory or find themselves in a auto pilot type mode. From what I understand its not a conscience distracted state of mind. It was explained more like a mental break of the subconscious created by stress or a switch up in a daily routine that would normally require the person little to no thought to complete.

Now people texting, drinking, socializing and just plan creating additional distractions that create an unsafe environment for their children I hold in a desperate category.

How on earth is telling to tell his wife what is going on, coaching. Coaching is actively telling the person what to say and how to say it. Again, why would you choose to twist that?

I'm not seeing this part either... wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened

I hear you and that's why I think every case is different. Even people without a diagnosed attention issue can have a busier more frantic morning than normal and suffer a lapse in memory or find themselves in a auto pilot type mode. From what I understand its not a conscience distracted state of mind. It was explained more like a mental break of the subconscious created by stress or a switch up in a daily routine that would normally require the person little to no thought to complete.

Now people texting, drinking, socializing and just plan creating additional distractions that create an unsafe environment for their children I hold in a desperate category.

I totally understand what you are saying. With that said, the death of a child leaves little room for compassion, for the person who neglected to provide safety for their child. IMO. I am not saying you are wrong and I'm right, it's just how I feel.

Okayy...

I am trying to think of something that would pretty well prove to LE that Ross knew Cooper was in the hot car...

here are some ideas...
1.). was there something in the car with a date and time that indicated He would have to have been aware of the boy in the car after a certain time...

Examples:

- A June 18th newspaper found around/under the car seat..

- a receipt with a date an time stamped on it found around/under car seat
(Food/coffe/etc.)

- was there a paid time and date stamped parking receipt in the parking lot...again found under/around the car seat...

Just some ideas...

Okayy...

I am trying to think of something that would pretty well prove to LE that Ross knew Cooper was in the hot car...

here are some ideas...
1.). was there something in the car with a date and time that indicated He would have to have been aware of the boy in the car after a certain time...

Examples:

(Food/coffe/etc.)

- was there a paid time and date stamped parking receipt in the parking lot...again found under/around the car seat...

Just some ideas...

Diaper bag or other thing for daycare in the front seat would be another one.

I'm not seeing this part either... wasn't pleased with Harris's inability to articulate what had happened

Well he said something like "watch your mouth" and handcuffed him. "Not pleased" was far milder than that, I agree. I was simply answering a question about the call to the wife. I stand by the accuracy of my answer and my knowledge of this case considering this is a 1am casual dialogue

Okayy...

here are some ideas...

Examples:

(Food/coffe/etc.)

Just some ideas...

If the daycare place tried to call him and he wasn't answering and he went to his car around lunch time and put his phone in the car. jmo

another question I have... Which was spurred on by a comment in the FB page...

Could Ross have mad other stops between his home and his work other than Chik-fa-lay (sp?)

example... Could he have taken another child along with his own son in the car that morning?

could he have dropped off that other child and his/her car seat at the day care center... And NOT dropped off his own son?

Just brainstorming here...

all...just ideas... NO PROOF

another question I have... Which was spurred on by a comment in the FB page...

Could Ross have mad other stops between his home and his work other than Chik-fa-lay (sp?)

example... Could he have taken another child along with his own son in the car that morning?

could he have dropped off that other child and his/her car seat at the day care center... And NOT dropped off his own son?

Just brainstorming here...

all...just ideas... NO PROOF

ihavenoclue...I don't think so. I just had to say that :giggle:

If the daycare place tried to call him and he wasn't answering and he went to his car around lunch time and put his phone in the car. jmo

That's brilliant!

Wow... That would certainly tie it all up in a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been a consensus on that call? I have seen in articles saying the police told him to call, and in others that he asked to call. If he asked, I do think there is something else behind the call.

maybe mom HAD received a call from the day care... Notified LE... And knew Cooper hadn't been dropped off...

:waitasec:

Still brainstorming here... NO PROOF!

Okayy...

here are some ideas...

Examples:

(Food/coffe/etc.)

Just some ideas...
Hmm...
Daycare stating the father called to say child wouldn't be there?...
Deleted/ unreturned messages from daycare and or wife?

IMO daycare would have been one of the first places contacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member