GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also means to "prompt or encourage".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To tell the wife what is happening. I fail to see how a cop telling a husband to communicate what is happening with their child and lives as controversial.

First off, he never told the man WHAT to say, period. Second, they cuffed him when he was in the way. Third, civilians do not have the right to tell LE to shut up at a crime scene. A cop has the right to say that and stay in control of the scene. Lastly, proof.

I get that you seem to think they are railroading this guy, but there is no coaching or out to get him here. This is a highly charged and emotional scene,with thing already not adding up, and the guy was hysterical. This is not a conspiracy against this dude.

I think there is unnecessary hair splitting here.

The officer did coach him, as in prompted & encouraged to tell his wife what happened.

Not coached as in "tell your wife you killed your son"

The officer IMO was looking for a "spontaneous utterance".

First off, he never told the man WHAT to say, period. Second, they cuffed him when he was in the way. Third, civilians do not have the right to tell LE to shut up at a crime scene. A cop has the right to say that and stay in control of the scene. Lastly, proof?

I get that you seem to think they are railroading this guy, but there is no coaching or out to get him here. This is a highly charged and emotional scene,with thing already not adding up, and the guy was hysterical. This is not a conspiracy against this dude.

Pierce handcuffed a distraught man at the scene in front of a crowd gathered while Harris was trying to talk to his wife. Pierce has taught Harris who the boss is. That's as theatrical as it gets. Pierce had his man, now to get evidence.

"Amber Frey" style?

I doubt he is that lucky.
He's a dumpy guy, not handsome like people thought Scott was.
all moo

Like I said, I have friends who work and have worked there.
I know of 2 who no longer have a job because of this, it seemed like there were quite a few office flings going on at the time.
However, this was 15 years ago!
Must be an IT thing, spending more time working and OT less with wife.
dunno
moo

The officer did coach him, as in prompted & encouraged to tell his wife what happened.

Which is totally normal and not out of the ordinary. A cop telling a husband to communicate to his wife the situation in front of him. What is the problem with that?

Which is totally normal and not out of the ordinary. A cop telling a husband to communicate to his wife the situation in front of him. What is the problem with that?

Seems like police procedure 101
If he said his son choked to death after he left work...I'd slap cuffs on him too.
If that's what he said..

I doubt he is that lucky.
He's a dumpy guy, not handsome like people thought Scott was.
all moo

Like I said, I have friends who work and have worked there.
I know of 2 who no longer have a job because of this, it seemed like there were quite a few office flings going on at the time.
However, this was 15 years ago!
Must be an IT thing, spending more time working and OT less with wife.
dunno
moo

Doesn't have to be a woman. I'm not suggesting I feel that way, but pointing out that affairs aren't always with the opposite sex.

Maybe the dad threatened mom, or said something like I told you, or you were warned?
Seems like an unlikely time to throw cuffs on him.
moo

BBM That is exactly what went thru my mind when this all first happened.

Maybe the dad threatened mom, or said something like I told you, or you were warned?
Seems like an unlikely time to throw cuffs on him.
moo

or called her a bad word moo - s.w.a.g. on my part

I have seen nothing but what you chose type. No links to interviews, transcripts, etc.

I respectfully disagree. I have fully supported my claim with a quote and a citation.

"'A police officer said to him, "Calm down and explain to your wife what's going on". I didn't hear what he said because I was going back in but then whatever he said triggered the police officer to say, "You need to watch your mouth" and then they put the handcuffs on him."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ink-twice.html

Doesn't have to be a woman. I'm not suggesting I feel that way, but pointing out that affairs aren't always with the opposite sex.

or just one of his guy pals....some guys just wanna be ''young'' forever -- no responsibilities etc.....play baseball, hang out,

I can't believe they would actually want a distraught man calling his wife when he is in that kind of shape, to tell her that her son is dead. You would think the cops might have tried to stop him from doing that until he calmed down a bit. Maybe he really wanted to tell her right away, but anybody with a heart should have tried to stop him. Having said that, I don't think anything about the phone call points to guilt or innocence.

or just one of his guy pals....some guys just wanna be ''young'' forever -- no responsibilities etc.....play baseball, hang out,

When you have your first baby your life changes dramatically. It is life altering. imo

I'm sorry, why would you even say that. It's like your trying to put a bug in peoples ears....

I can't believe they would actually want a distraught man calling his wife when he is in that kind of shape, to tell her that her son is dead. You would think the cops might have tried to stop him from doing that until he calmed down a bit. Maybe he really wanted to tell her right away, but anybody with a heart should have tried to stop him. Having said that, I don't think anything about the phone call points to guilt or innocence.

Law enforcement is about gathering evidence, Not providing therapy.

As soon as they arrived, they knew something was off and his story wasn't making sense.

Hearing a spontaneous version of events relayed to his wife, is evidence. it's his version, in his words, given freely.

Police don't stand around waiting to ask vital questions....and they wanted to hear what he had to say BEFORE he was arrested and mirandized. Basically he gave a statement of his own free will without an attorney telling him to shut up.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members