GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you characterize Leanne as "not being all that upset by it" because she still wanted to continue her life as planned with Ross, and create a larger family?

(there actually is a term for babies couples decide to have later, despite the pure agony of losing the first. It's "rainbow babies". Couples numb with pain of loss create joy out of the ashes of their sorrow, and in memory of, their darling lost first one)

I am familiar with the term "rainbow babies" and to me you are twisting it. It generally refers to babies born after the first child died of some tragic and UNPREVENTABLE illness/cause. Not further babies born to a parent/parents RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR FIRST CHILD'S DEATH! Would a second child born to parents whose first child died in a meth lab on their property be a "rainbow baby"? Of course not! That would be preposterous, and demeaning to parents who lost a baby to leukaemia or another such UNPREVENTABLE cause!

(caps for emphasis, not yelling)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dang it, have to backread to catch up again this morning but WHAT THE WHAT????

By Alexis Stevens
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The mother of the 22-month-old who died after being left inside an SUV told Cobb County police she also researched children dying in hot vehicles, according to new court documents released Sunday morning.

“Leanna Harris, the child’s mother, was also questioned regarding the incident and made similar statements regarding researching in car deaths and how it occurs,” search warrant affidavits obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution state.

The timing of those online searches and investigators’ findings have not been released.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaki...s-dy/ngWJW/?ecmp=ajc_social_facebook_2014_sfp

Hmm. Personally, I think pretty much everyone believes what they WANT to believe, including strangers who are assessing situations they aren't familiar with and have extremely limited information to make a decision.

Ah well, I'm out of here again for the day.

Carry on.

OTOH, sometimes people are too close to a situation to make informed, unbiased opinions.

Jennifer Leslie ‏@jleslie11alive 4m
Mother mentioned in new search warrants in Ross Harris case. Says SHE researched car deaths and "how it occurs." #11Alive

MSM via twitter

:eek: what!?

I tend to usually think everybody (on WS threads) is guilty (and they usually are).

I jumped on the bandwagon here, but I think I am moving back from it. It just doesn't make sense to me. He is in line for a promotion, they are looking at houses in good school districts, they seem to make enough money to afford a house. We haven't yet received any information he has a drug/gambling/hooker addiction and they are desperate for money.

What's the motive? Of course there are evil sick people in the world (there are hundred of pages of threads on WS!). But this guy appears pretty normal (sure we can pick apart his reddit posts and make judgments) and it would take a horrible person to leave their precious child in a car suffocating while he is in his office right next door).

Or maybe, just this once, I want it to be an accident and have it not be another evil monster killing a child. So, I have to just have hope.

Although we disagree on the guilt of the accused, I just had to message you a note of "thanks" - your posts are always polite, rationally written, and persuasive.
Love WS - differing views, but written without nastiness.

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Would you characterize Leanne as "not being all that upset by it" because she still wanted to continue her life as planned with Ross, and create a larger family?

(there actually is a term for babies couples decide to have later, despite the pure agony of losing the first. It's "rainbow babies". Couples numb with pain of loss create joy out of the ashes of their sorrow, and in memory of, their darling lost first one)

Uh huh...those cases don't usually involved felony murder. And her claim that she wouldn't bring him back to this selfish world, makes her a bit of a hypocrite. She won't bring HIM back, but she will happily bring another in...to the selfish world she admonishes?

There is absolutely NO way I can even conceive the mother would be an accomplice to this. It's unfathomable to me.

What I get from this new info is that SHE is trying to make them think that she did some searches too, in order to get him off the "hot seat"

Did that make sense?

Awkward stages?!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/cobb-county-father-makes-jailhouse-call-sons-funer/ngT8H/

Patsy Ramsey said similar things like how JonBenet never had to deal with cancer or the loss of a child. Most parents, however, talk about what their child will miss out on; getting married, kids, going to college, prom, etc.

Add this to the growing list of weird and inappropriate things surrounding this funeral. Who thinks of such a thing?

"Oh gee - my baby died a horrible, sweaty, painful death a few days ago strapped into a 100+ degree car BUT AT LEAST he won't have to endure those awkward stages."

Just very, very weird imo.

I am gobsmack right now.

Trying to wrap my head about this latest revelation. I guess now I have a better understand about the united front being presented by the entire family.

I have to question whether she did her own research on hyperthermia or if she is simply saying she did some of the searches found on homes devices to cover for him.

Sitting here just shaking my head in confusion.

So we have a man who researches child death due to heat in vehicles and claims it was because he "fears something like this" and now allegedly his wife has done so also (reason unstated at this time) and yet this horrible event STILL happened?

Wow, these folks must be the most unlucky in the world or a lot of planning went into this tragic "accident"

ETA a big fat :cow:

sleep deprivation is certainly not memory and cognitive functioning aid.

Pretty sure it's safe to say, most parents of babies and young children are sleep deprived. For years on end. I also think it's safe to say they didn't do what was done here.

Add this to the growing list of weird and inappropriate things surrounding this funeral. Who thinks of such a thing?

"Oh gee - my baby died a horrible, sweaty, painful death a few days ago strapped into a 100+ degree car BUT AT LEAST he won't have to endure those awkward stages."

Just very, very weird imo.

I know grief elicits strange and often inappropriate reactions and words in the bereaved but have to admit I'm beyond baffled by this mother and her affect through all this, I dunno, maybe she's on sedative medication???

Just wanted to drop in that the question on reddit about best meteorology model was asked about 4 months ago, around that time Atlanta had "Snowpocalypse" (end of January) and an ice storm (around the 10th of February). There were so many models for the ice storm being brought up and discussed so his question could have been in reference to those events.

It's very interesting to me that you posted this. Last night I was watching an interview with Paul Cortez. He's the one who killed the dancer in NYC and they found his fingerprint in the girls blood on the wall and yet there are many people who are completely convinced he's innocent.

What I noticed in the interview with him, was something that I noticed in interviews with many other sociopathic personalities that I watch on these shows. That is, they had the world fooled when they were being positive and charming and talented and creative and successful. When they put on that face they do it VERY WELL.

But when they are expected to talk about darker issues, like explaining themselves in a murder investigation, they don't know how to do it. It's because they have spent years developing that charming mask, with smiles and delightful engaging conversation.

I watched another interview with Darlie Routier, and it was the same thing, she smiled and laughed and charmed her way through discussions where she was asked about her boys. Yet you would think any mention of her boys would at some point break her into tears. She couldn't fake the tears. Neither could Paul Cortez or others like them. What they come up with instead is a sense of "being lost, confused, overwhelmed, a victim" They tamp down any sense of anger, they keep it all at bay and try to talk about things that are upsetting but they can't draw on any emotions in that discussion because they have spent years hiding those real emotions away.

I don't quite know how to explain it, maybe someone else can better. But they can't talk about sad or upsetting things and show any valid emotion, they are "empty" when those conversations are happening.

But they can go on and on with smiles, laughter and delight when talking about how much they loved the person they killed. It's like they don't realize how they come across at all.

Maybe someone else can explain what I mean.

Nailed it.

IMO it's because they are fantastic mimics.
Typically, their only chance to observe a grieving parent to mimic is a performance by an actor playing a role. They have no real feelings from which to draw upon and little idea had to pull it off convincingly. IMO
It falls flat to those that can see through the facade.

The problem is, lots of people, normal people, with real feelings of sorrow and loss & have genuine empathy ....oftentimes make excuses for strange behavior. They wrongly put themselves in the perpetrators shoes and can not begin to believe how a parent could kill their own child deliberately. They're not stupid. Just compassionate & empathic to the extreme and wrongly so in cases where a parent murders a child.

All IMO

I can imagine the mother doing whatever she can to help her husband. If she thinks he's innocent and he just forgot like everyone else, she may be thinking "Why is everyone picking on him? Parents do this all the time and they are not charged. Why is he suddenly worse than everyone else."

And frankly they can't prove he did the search. And she has no real involvement or motive so she's going to create a reasonable doubt.

To be honest, if I was in the same situation I'd do the same damn thing, if I thought he was really innocent. I'd be angry. "You took my baby, isn't that enough, you AREN'T going to take my husband as well! NO WAY!"

I still have sympathy for her.

According to jail officials, Harris did not formally request permission to attend his son's funeral in Alabama.

Harris' attorney disputes that, claiming he was told that his client wouldn't be able to attend the funeral regardless. The attorney says he also asked the police department for copies of photographs of Cooper off computers that were seized during the investigation. The police department denied that request.

"We must preserve the integrity of the evidence and chain of custody in this case," Cobb County Police Officer Mike Bowman said in a statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/28/hot-car-death-boy-funeral/11609771/

Aside from what they might have seen when little man was removed from the car, it seems pretty clear why LE made the leap that they made concerning bio dad. And unless mom is in on all of this, I seriously doubt LE is sharing much if anything with her.

It's completely possible for a narcissist and/or a sociopath to have a lot of people fooled. They are wonderful actors. It takes skills and knowledge and most of all detachment to see through their act. They manipulate people. And this whole theatric calling in to the funeral was a perfect example of that. It was vulgar, the applause for Ross. For what? Even if he accidentally killed his son, does that act somehow deserve applause at the son's funerals.

Gee, narcissist and/or a sociopath hits it right on the head! They have to be the center of attention and can fool the majority of people! If Ross is indeed one, then that answers the question of "why" he murdered his son. Cooper was the center of everyone's attention and Ross could not take it any longer!

Tempers? Wow, do they have one! They are like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde behind closed doors. One has to have lived with one to know what I am speaking of. With the different comments that have been made about Ross' personality, it all fits, unfortunately. Notorious liar is also common.

Another sad factor is they must be the leader, the best, very competive, and to their wife they are very verbal abusive to the point of taking away her ego and self esteem! Many are physically abusive too.

With this being said, who knows what more we may find that went on in that house! He may have her so brainwashed, we will be outraged. :banghead:

You have to love a suspect who wont stay off the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419