The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That evening there were a couple of, a text message or two, I seem to remember, so she gave me the phone for that and then I didn’t see it until the following morning,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he did not plug his phone into a charger at 1.48am.

He said he spoke with Toni McHugh that afternoon but deleted the phone records.

“I never called Toni, she called me, and if that ever did happen I would immediately at the end of my call go into the call history and delete those calls from the call history,” he said.

He said he could not say if his wife came to bed that night.

“I have no recollection of her coming to bed that night,” he said.

Baden-Clay aid he was a “very heavy sleeper” who had a “tendency to snore quite loudly”.

He said he woke up the next morning about 6am.

“I got up, Allison was not there ... I went to the toilet, took my phone with me, checked my messages and my emails and it was, I had actually woken up a bit late because it was after 6am … I felt like I was under the pump a little bit and I was rushing that morning,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he knew his wife had to be ready for the conference that day and he had to get the girls ready for school.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 15s
Gerard kept talking to his lawyer, who told him to go to a couple of doctors so they could examine the cuts on his face #badenclay

I started to shave and it was whilst I was just about to shave that I heard (my daughter) make a noise so I ran through to see her, she was awake but lying in her bed … so I then raced back to actually shave and I was really rushing then and that’s when I cut myself shaving then,” he said.

He said he would ordinarily shower first and then shave but he did not on April 20, 2012.

“On that occasion I was using obviously my normal razor, it was quite old and blunt, because it was blunt and I was pushing down quite firmly on my skin and I pulled down and flicked up like that…” he said.

“And that hurt a lot…”

Baden-Clay said he continued to shave and did it a second time.

“I had a bit of an issue shaving around those cuts and cut myself again,” he said.

He showed the jury with a highlighter how the razor had cut his cheek.

“There were two fairly long slices off my face,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he put a balm on the cut and got dressed and he asked one of his daughters to help him put a Band-Aid on but it wouldn’t stick.

He said he put his wife’s hot rollers on in the bathroom and started to get his daughter’s ready for school.

The accused said he texted his wife and tried calling her but it went through to voicemail.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

So, this pillar of the local community, which has a very active Neighbourhood Watch programme, didn't know what "Taking the Fifth" meant, didn't know about "Self-incrimination", and now he says he didn't know what the CIB was or what the term "Crime Scene" meant?

Puhleeze...!

this is the Boy In the Bubble, doc...

He said he and his wife both put an app on their phones that utilised the GPS component of the phone to enable them to tell where the other person was at any stage.

Baden-Clay said it was a condition after his wife’s discovery of his affair.

“I checked the app and it couldn’t find her,” he said.

He said his wife almost always took her phone walking and sometimes wore head phones.

Baden-Clay said he phoned his parents at Kenmore.

“They said that they would come immediately to try and help find Allison and by they, that was Dad and my sister, who was staying with them at the time, they said they would come straight away,” he said.

He said he tried to call Sgt Murray Watson at the Indooroopilly police station but the call went through to an automated service.

Baden-Clay said he told his daughters at that stage he was concerned about their mum not returning from her walk.

He said his father came into the house and looked after the girls while he went out to drive the streets.

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 15s
Gerard kept talking to his lawyer, who told him to go to a couple of doctors so they could examine the cuts on his face #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 8s

Gerard says he went to the search command centre with his sister first thing on Saturday morning to see if there was any news. #badenclay

I know this is a few pages back now, but all the stuff with him 'leading' TM on so she would break it off on her own accord...
If GBC was truly serious about his marriage and didn't want anything to do with TM, he would of manned up and said "ENOUGH, f*off and leave me and my family alone" - or at least told Allison, not deleting phone calls/messages, cos if you have nothing to hide, why delete it? And even if he didn't have the balls to tell her to rack off, I am sure Allison would have. I know if had decided to forgive my husband for an affair and work through it, if the woman was still contacting him, I would certainly give her a serve and tell her to not-so-politely go away!!

4:15pm: However, Mr Baden-Clay said he continued to speak to police, agreeing to let them search his Brookfield home and eventually have it declared a crime scene.

Mr Baden-Clay said he also asked police how he could help search for his wife.

"I was told in no uncertain terms, 'please do not, the police and the SES are doing it ... and we don't want a whole heap of amateurs running around potentially stuffing things up'," Mr Baden-Clay said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366IxvUGL

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 27s
He wanted a written report by a doctor of the injury #badenclay

4:12pm: Mr Baden-Clay said he later received a call from his father Nigel.

"Dad called me and said he was concerned about the line of questioning I was being asked [by police]," he told the court.

"I said, 'Dad I don't think there's any need to do that' ...

"In the end I said, 'yes, that's alright'."

Mr Baden-Clay said his father put him in touch with a lawyer from Toowoomba, who referred him to a criminal lawyer on the Gold Coast.

The two lawyers, who had attended Toowoomba Grammar School with Mr Baden-Clay, advised him not to speak to the police again.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366IACquc

They fully thought police would believe every word he said. How could they not...they were the great BC's!!

Nup...police deal with this type of stuff on a daily basis.

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 13s
He also went to the search command centre that had been set up #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Gerard says he was asked to speak to an officer, and he said he "would do everything I could to help find Allison". #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 7s
Although advised by his lawyer not to give a statement Gerard kept talking to police #badenclay

From experience I disagree. I can sleep through anything. Partner getting in and out of bed, partner with sleep apnoea, phone alarm going off right near my head. I wake up to my babies.

I 'm well aware of sleep apnea ( I got that). Snoring is a big big clue!. It was always hard for me to sleep. thust wakeing up after a short sleep. I know I now sleep with a bipap machine to stay asleep.

So, this pillar of the local community, which has a very active Neighbourhood Watch programme, didn't know what "Taking the Fifth" meant, didn't know about "Self-incrimination", and now he says he didn't know what the CIB was or what the term "Crime Scene" meant?

Puhleeze...!

I cannot believe how stupid he is......does not say a lot for a Toowoomba Grammar School education. His parents should have saved money and sent him to a state school where he could be dumb for free....

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Gerard: I just wanted Allison found. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Gerard says he was soon told his house had been made a crime scene. He says he didn't know what that meant. #badenclay

Gerard says he was also told some officers were from the CIB - he didn't know what that meant either. #badenclay
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Gerard says he was told not to join the search. Police and SES had clear protocols. #badenclay

Gerard: What is a CIB? And what is a crime scene? And who are all you people dressed in blue? Are you Smurfs?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

Gerard says he was taken to the police station to make a formal statement but changed his mind. Says the office was furious. #badenclay

Gerard says his lawyer had told him not to make a formal statement. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members