The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

He says his lawyer Darren Mahony told him not to give a formal statement, but he wanted Allison found #badenclay

Mr Baden-Clay said he handed his mobile phone to his wife soon after arriving home.

LIE: Phone records show use of the phone at night!

Mr Baden-Clay: "No I have no recollection of that ... I have no recollection of whether or not Allison came to bed that night."

LIE This is what someone says when they don't want to answer a question that will incriminate them - "I don't recall" and he knew it...I can almost hear him going ohoh I said the wrong thing ...I should have just said "I don't know" ....oh well will just have to run with it now...

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 51s
He says he told police that his lawyer had advised him not to give a formal statement #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 6m

Gerard was told police needed to declare house a crime scene. He told police: "Do what you have to do, I just want Allison found" #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 27s
He wanted a written report by a doctor of the injury #badenclay

Text copied from charge sheet....

On the morning of Saturday, 21 April 2012, the defendant attended a doctor at a Kenmore Medical Practice. At this time the defendant told the treating medical practitioner that he had been requested by police to attend the doctor and to have his injuries documented. He further requested a copy of his notes, stating that he would give them to police. Police did not request the defendant to do this and were unaware at that stage that the defendant had seen a medical practitioner.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

He says his lawyer Darren Mahony told him not to give a formal statement, but he wanted Allison found #badenclay

So he told Toni to 'lay low'...

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

The court is being shown the call records document. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 8s
Jury now looking a a log of text messages and calls from Gerard to Allison's phone and other phones #badenclay

So, this pillar of the local community, which has a very active Neighbourhood Watch programme, didn't know what "Taking the Fifth" meant, didn't know about "Self-incrimination", and now he says he didn't know what the CIB was or what the term "Crime Scene" meant?

Puhleeze...!

maybe Gerard doesn't know what adultery means, or fraud, or tax evasion, or theft, or even what lying means, .....maybe he is intellectually out there on the fringe, inhabiting a 2 year olds world....

Mr Baden-Clay said he handed his mobile phone to his wife soon after arriving home.

LIE: Phone records show use of the phone at night!

Mr Baden-Clay: "No I have no recollection of that ... I have no recollection of whether or not Allison came to bed that night."

LIE This is what someone says when they don't want to answer a question that will incriminate them - "I don't recall" and he knew it...I can almost hear him going ohoh I said the wrong thing ...I should have just said "I don't know" ....oh well will just have to run with it now...

Especially odd when he could recall everything in MINUTE detail from their meeting and honeymoon.....

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 15s
Gerard kept talking to his lawyer, who told him to go to a couple of doctors so they could examine the cuts on his face #badenclay

His lawyer suggested "a couple of doctors"?

A couple of doctors? Really...

Which lawyer was this? And can it be verified?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Gerard says a call he made to his friend Rob Cheesman was him calling Rob from his house. #badenclay

Gerard says he suspects he may have just left a message for him. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 22s

Gerard says his mother called him to let him know they'd collected the children from school on the Thursday afternoon. #badenclay

maybe Gerard doesn't know what adultery means, or fraud, or tax evasion, or theft, or even lying means, .....maybe he is intellectually out there on the fringe, inhabiting a 2 year olds world....

Yep, didn't need a little boy, already had one.

Our house is another one where our girls settle at bedtime more quickly for Daddy as opposed to Mummy.

I'm assuming here that his claim of being advised to see "a couple of doctors" (why a couple?) and of the advice NOT to give the police a statement all coming from his lawyer MUST be true. It would be way too easy to verify or refute - just ask Darren Mahony.

Which begs the question - why?

His wife was missing..... Or did Mahony suspect that there may well be more to it than that?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 34s

Gerard says a phone call from Rob Cheesman was probably Rob saying he was busy, could he call his wife and talk to her. #badenclay

Gerard is going through other phone calls he made on Thursday afternoon. #badenclay

Our house is another one where our girls settle at bedtime more quickly for Daddy as opposed to Mummy.

Yes, but is it necessary to say that in evidence when all he needed to say was that Allison went first and he went second? It's just further evidence of him big-noting himself IMHO.

I'm assuming here that his claim of being advised to see "a couple of doctors" (why a couple?) and of the advice NOT to give the police a statement all coming from his lawyer MUST be true. It would be way too easy to verify or refute - just ask Darren Mahony.

Which begs the question - why?

His wife was missing..... Or did Mahony suspect that there may well be more to it than that?

In case the first one doesn't say what you need them to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa