The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:notgood: No no redlight. Nigel said "stop the shenanigans". My favourite quote.
Ooh ooh Makara, Marlywings ... My darling girls can you find that one for redlight?

its either phillip broome or ben basingthwaite...

I don't know Trooper. Maybe the 'shenanigans' was to do with the partner issues. Maybe it was to do with other stuff going on at the time. Or maybe they were told when everyone else in the office was told - and then thought it was finished with when TM left. I just really can't imagine GBC telling his parents details about it. Nor can I imagine the staff gossiping about it within earshot of N or EBC. I've always thought that and still do.

shenanigans wasn't to do with the partners..

the odd thing is.. he tells the police that morning that his family DONT know about it. 'It' being the affair mark 1.. not the renewed effort.. no one knows about that..that is Gerards deep secret, and Toni's too . but Nigel certainly knew about the original godawful nonsense.. but oddly, very oddly.. Gerard tells the police, Constable Ash, Cameron, Curtiss, all of them that his family don't know about it. . whats the deal there??

BBM - you hit the nail on the head there BatWoman. I'm not making light of Allison's depression at all, but it does sound like she was more prone to it under certain circumstances - as are many of us. GBC's accounts of when she seemed to be at her lowest are pretty telling, and seem to be when she was understandably fearful, out of sorts, or under pressure that GBC seemed blissfully unaware of - plus he doesn't seem inclined to acknowledge that his behaviour could have played an enormous role in her state of mind at any of those times.
I'm not expressing myself very well there as I am fully aware of the seriousness of depression as an illness, as I have been there myself - especially during the years after having children. GBC's testimony has shown what a huge part he may have played in exacerbating Allison's illness IMO. He is almost whining about her condition now - can you imagine what he was like when she was actually living through it? I'm not sure he would have been quite as supportive and positive at the time as he would have us believe now - he's just been laying it on too thick to be totally believable. Just my take on it anyhoo.

I agree. Allison is dead and under suspicious circumstances and he's kept a grudge against her for being imperfect. He's drawn us a picture of a heavy burden he has had to carry for 12 years. jmo

:notgood: No no redlight. Nigel said "stop the shenanigans". My favourite quote.
Ooh ooh Makara, Marlywings ... My darling girls can you find that one for redlight?

Yep, I know what was in the Statement possum. I just don't think that at the time ABC went missing, N,EBC or OW knew that TM was still in the picture, or even if they knew she had been at all.

does anyone here believe that Nige and Elaine , and most likely Olivia DIDNT know about the slidy stuff with Toni??

anyone??

I believe it was common knowledge with his family. Absolutely.

GBC seems to be creating some doubt amongst some bloggers today. My thought is this.

a) it's not a question of whether there is any doubt, it's whether the level of doubt that he committed the crime is reasonable. Unless you witnessed him do it there'll always be doubt, that's why it's reasonable doubt.

b) it's expected he'll have a story and that he'll try to seem reasonable and create sympathy for himself, the jury must expect this and not get too swept up in it

c) the jury needs to look at the facts

i) she has 6 plants in her hair all found at their house, only 2 found at the creek. How did they get in her hair of all places if no foul play at the house?

ii) her blood in the car in a reasonable amount and in an unlikely location without her body being in an unlikely position

iii) her body found some distance from home in a location that is unlikely she would walk to for suicide, for many reasons, and unlikely she could walk to without being seen. The location is more suitable as one where someone would try to hide a body, indicating foul play

iv) cause of death cannot be found but does rule out a fall from the bridge (no broken bones), drowning and I think drug overdose

v) several doctors and her own husband's testimony indicate she was not considered suicidal (even at her worst) and that she was doing better

vi) the scratch marks on his face which several have indicated cannot be from a razor both in how they look plus the plausibility of getting that many that bad before stopping

vii) second person's DNA found under her fingernails just not enough to test. Aligns with the scratch marks above

viii) Allison not involved in criminal activity, no sign of sexual abuse and no missing jewellery indicating not killed by a third party for robbery or sexual adventure

ix) has motive, needed the money and promised to leave her for the mistress despite saying he couldn't afford a divorce

x) and has opportunity, home alone with his wife and they had to talk about his affair

xi) the phone put on charge during the morning, claims it was her doing it late but she had to be up early

Plus all the odd things like the speed of calling the police and the initial police officer's impression there'd been some domestic violence and something was off, and turned out to be exactly right as she was found dead. The phone missing.

Well said - am hoping you are on the prosecution team!!!

December 17, 2012

"I would give anything if my partner would love me and make love to me," Allison wrote on December 8, 2010.

"It hurts when my partner won't give me a proper hug.

"Sometimes at night I feel lonely and cry.

"I feel the most lonely when my partner won't sleep in the same bed."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...n-badenclay-20121217-2biqi.html#ixzz3671Tuvfc

Didn't TM say GeRed visited her four nights per week but not on weekends.
Of course Allison was lonely.

the odd thing is.. he tells the police that morning that his family DONT know about it. 'It' being the affair mark 1.. not the renewed effort.. no one knows about that..that is Gerards deep secret, and Toni's too . but Nigel certainly knew about the original godawful nonsense.. but oddly, very oddly.. Gerard tells the police, Constable Ash, Cameron, Curtiss, all of them that his family don't know about it. . whats the deal there??

But how do you know that 'shenanigans' wasn't to do with the partners Trooper? I'm not saying it was either - but it's just as possible as it was to do woth TM IMO.

Yep, I know what was in the Statement possum. I just don't think that at the time ABC went missing, N,EBC or OW knew that TM was still in the picture, or even if they knew she had been at all.

no. no one except Toni and Gerard knew about the renewal of 'their love'.... but Nigel spoke to Ben Bassingthwaite ,or , AND Phillip Broome about the affair between Toni and Gerard.. that's there in the statement.. its not a matter of maybe or maybe not. there it is.....

Nige knew she had 'been there' , alright.. but Gerard wants the police to think that he doesn't know.. I wonder why..

Trooper......OP is baaaaack. :seeya:

I think his testimony is littered with nothing but lies....

First bail application charge sheet and summary

One lie...

The defendant initially spoke to police on 20 April 2012. This was the only time that the defendant has provided a version of event to police. Other than consenting to a Forensic Procedure Order on 21 April 2012 (see below), the defendant has not otherwise cooperated with police in relation to the investigation. The defendant did not assist in the search for the deceased during the period she was missing and did not attend the Command Centre set up in the Brookfield area.

Another lie....

The defendant said that the affair was no longer occurring and had ended in September 2011.[/I]

And another...

This examination further revealed a recent injury to his right palm consistent with a scratch with a sharp object. The defendant stated that he had received his injury whilst he was changing a light bulb at a house he was preparing for open house. An employee of the Century 21 business, Jody Meynell, was present at this time and refuted this claim that the injury was sustained during the preparation of the open house.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

--------------------------------------------------

I know who I believe & it sure ain't the one on the stand charged with murdering his wife.

Wasn't the last audio we heard of G at the command post?

But how do you know that 'shenanigans' wasn't to do with the partners Trooper? I'm not saying it was either - but it's just as possible as it was to do woth TM IMO.

have you read the partners statements?? I mean. this is all I can say.. its no use me outlining the context of the remark. its all there in their statements.. that way, once you read them, it doesn't need me to give ' my take' on it.. just in case I have a different life, or a different personality.... or see things differently.. I merely re state what the partners say..

I think there was one part .. one sentence probably when he told the truth..

that Toni paid for the movie tickets, and also paid for a hotel room for them to be together for a few hours occasionally ...

not being there.. its just a guess, but I reckon he would have been proud of that.. he would assume that tells everyone that he is in charge , here.. women pay to sleep with him...

GBC might have preferred to have had 7 western suburb real estate agencies, been driving a Ferrari and paying for Versace or some 5 star hotel (that dream he might hold to) - in the meantime - let Toni pay - GBC had just helped her sell property, was 'giving her her job' and thanks to GBC Toni was about 'enjoy' a divorce financial settlement - anyhow - GBC needed adulterous anonymity - unlike TM he had not left his spouse, children and openly declared his new life and next financial position (maintenance and child support)

Toni paid for their 'trysts' - otherwise Snowy would have to do!

jmo

no. no one except Toni and Gerard knew about the renewal of 'their love'.... but Nigel spoke to Ben Bassingthwaite ,or , AND Phillip Broome about the affair between Toni and Gerard.. that's there in the statement.. its not a matter of maybe or maybe not. there it is.....

Nige knew she had 'been there' , alright.. but Gerard wants the police to think that he doesn't know.. I wonder why..

I guess we just have different opinions about how involved EBC, NBC and OW are in all this Trooper. I don't know for sure whether they didn't know or not. I can;t be sure whether GBC talked about his sex life with his parents or not. No one will know that but them I suppose. I just find it highly unlikely and what is written in the statement isn't pointed enough to change my opinion about that. :)

I have had depression all of my adult life. I am medicated. When it rears it's head the way I describe it to my doctor as 'feeling unloved, a feeling of impending doom'. That is why this case has drawn me in so so much. If Allison had the same feeling I get, she HAD GOOD REASON TO HAVE IT.

I suffered depression for exactly 12 years
I was cured after I divorced him.
True story, I'm being serious.

I will be quite interested in the defence's other witnesses and what they will say. Clearly they must have some expert opinion that could favour GBC or they wouldn't be called.

Do you believe that Allison was as incapacitated by her depression as GBC suggests?

P.S you don't need to answer if you don't want to..... Just interested on how others see this. We have him and his family painting a very bleak picture of the impact her depression had on the family and Allison's family and friends saying it was under control with medication. I understand that outsiders don't always know what goes on behind closed doors. Not having ever suffered from depression, but I feel like my mum would be the first person I would turn to if it had got to that point.
nope. the way he's described her, its as though she needed sectioning

does anyone here believe that Nige and Elaine , and most likely Olivia DIDNT know about the slidy stuff with Toni??

anyone??

GBC stated that he told all his office staff about the affair. I would assume that Nige and Elaine would have been aware as they were involved in the business. How would he have explained to his parents why Toni left???? Or what lies did he tell his parents why Toni left????? This is my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23