The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 42s

Logs, leaves and other debris can be seen moving along the creek. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Second video now being played. Has a closer view of area where Allison's body was found. @abcnews #badenclay

I suppose he thought that he would get sympathy from everyone for having a missing wife and becoming a widower....pass the bucket please.

avid Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s

Video has concluded, prosecutor now asking questions of defence witness #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s

Fuller is asking about the timing of the time lapse footage. Fuller says one second of the footage equals 75 minutes. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

The defence asks no questions of this witness - they just wanted to show the videos of water moving #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 25s

The video was retrieved from Kholo Creek on June 20. It's being shown to the court #badenclay

This is good for the prosecution. Tides are not accurate unless data taken from the actual day OR at the exact same time of the year

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 28s

Dr Michael Robertson is the next defence witness. #badenclay Mr Ward, from Khemistry, has been excused.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

Fuller says Mr Ward had no idea what area looked like in 2012 and there no markings on the footage to indicate where body was. #badenclay

He's sticking to a script. I said this to Makara the other day and now I can put it out there. Sunday morning, I woke up and my husband wasn't about. The first thing I did as look to see if his car was here. (He was fine BTW, he was rostered on for an extra shift i'd forgotten about). G didn't mention doing that, he already knew the car was there. For all he knew, Allison could have been ready and needed something, threw on her trackies to go to the shop so she didn't wrinkle/mess up her outfit for the conference. He had a one tracked mind that morning and that was sticking to the script!

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 28s

Next on the stand is Dr Michael Robertson, a forensic toxicologist. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 23s

He's been practicing for 18 years #badenclay

Goodmorning folks, just catching up here.. but that comment gets me. He called the Christs first up, as the kids had sleep over plans for that night. It was mentioned a couple fo days ago that Allison missing might affect those plans.. SUrely this is not a major priority first up- because at this stage GBC thought Allison had gone for a walk- ok, she was kinda miissing as she was late home. But no reason to suspect at this point that it would interfere with the nights sleepover plans, as surely you'd be thinking she'd be home before then. Maybe as the day progressed and Allison still hadn't returned home, THEN you may think it necessary to ring the Christs and cancel the sleepover. But first up? I believe this was even before ringing ALlisons parents?

The phone call to the Christs was another call made too soon IMO (Like the 000 call). Taking a leaf out of the prosecution book, I suggest, he rang, because he KNEW already Allison would not be back that night- or ever.

Yes. GBC's organisation was a little over zealous here! And in how quickly he called police that morning.

Was he working off a mental list??? Scared to forget steps so actioning them quickly before he forgot a step (eg destroy evidence including Allison's diary - doh!)

He was on a hyper-vigilant plus play-it-cool organisational roll that morning...
GBC had a lot of running around he'd just done, had much thinking on his feet and then with little sleep before making the planned call to police...

Another lie (contradiction) was concurrently claiming that he was casually expecting Allison to walk in the door any minute - HUH ?! - sitting there face to face with police at his dining table...

jmo

rancene Norton ‏@francenenorton 26s

Dr Robertson did a file review on Allison Baden-Clay @abcnews #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 46s

Fuller is asking about the timing of the time lapse footage. Fuller says one second of the footage equals 75 minutes. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

The defence asks no questions of this witness - they just wanted to show the videos of water moving #badenclay

The defence is grasping at straws.

Mr Byrne is just doing what he's paid to do.

all in all it didn't seem to have a knock out blow today but I believe it was death by a thousand cuts.

Not worried enough to call her parents but worried enough to call police.

So worried for her but also able to think clearly enough to make sure all open for inspections weren't impacted.

Loved the ongoing questioning about why he never called her friends. Gee he really is an anxious chap- immediately jumps to the most dramatic and unlikely conclusions for a lady that supposedly went for a walk. Seriously, this is supposedly a quaint town like area- not some fevala in Brazil or downtown Jo'burg.

The captiva questioning was subtly rammed home nicely- also the toys in their.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s

Dr Robertson did a file review and report on the postmortem results #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s

Dr Robertson says Sertraline is an anti-depressant, is sold as Zoloft #badenclay

What's the significance of playing a time lapse video of the creek?

To put a theory to the jury about how plants not growing in the area where the body was found could come to be there. Pretty washy washy, especially given how thorough the botanist was.

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 30s

He is talking about chemicals normally found in anti-depressants such as Zoloft #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151