The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone able to help me understand the significance of this page being presented to GBC by defence at the end of his time on the stand this morning?

(He must be fuming that he didn't find Allison's journal under the bedside table that morning)

I don,t know, but I'd hazard a guess that those numbers were days Allison suspected/knew he was with TM.

Anyone else feel highly emotional after these last few weeks?
I feel all sorts of wrong and uptight. I can only imagine the feelings of the Dickies.
Bring on a guilty verdict.

Hi royster,
I understand how you are feeling hon, many of us have followed Allison's since day 1 and Allison is the reason I'm here. I'm not joking when I posted iI'll need a shrink if he walks free as it could be a very sad day for us and society in general. I'll smash my TV before I see the BC's smirking down a camera into my living room.
I know many of us will need the friendship and support of our fellow sleuthers well after the Brisbane Courthouse closes it's books on GBC.

Now if he's not convicted well who did kill Allison?? Maybe the site will continue longer.......

The evidence is in. The strength of our legal system is the jury who are people just like you and me. They don't have any special skill or ability that you or I don't possess. They have to try and ensure an innocent person is not sent to the gallows and a guilty person is not set free.

Allison is dead and all expert evidence and logic tells them she didn't commit suicide and died sometime in the night. Not from injury or poison or drowning. She most likely died from lack of air as no other cause is apparent. Her phone is missing and could tell more about her last hours if it wasn't lost somewhere.

Expert evidence is that her hair had a lot of leaves in it from 6 plants that grow around her back patio and her blood was in the back of the family car.

Her own journal and her community and work activity suggests she wasn't incapacitated with depression, she was on the ball and trying to resurrect a failing marriage and floundering business working for no salary.

Her husband probably was the last person to see her alive and he had scratches that experts say are not caused by a razor and are consistent with fingernails. Seven men on the jury have shaved 20 times each during the course of the trial and some have probably deliberately tried to cut themselves.

Her husband had opportunity and motive and marks of a struggle on him. He tried to cover scratches with razor cuts and chest bruising with a feigned car crash. He is proven untruthful and lacking integrity. He had no love or loyalty for his wife.

Allison is dead. Somebody killed her. Was some other person responsible? If so how did her husband get injured?

I think it is beyond reasonable doubt that her husband killed her.

Thank you Zorro. Excellent summary and I agree.

Gerard Baden-Clay admits to 'more affairs' :puke:

The 43-year-old said it was his suggestion that he and his wife install the “Find My Phone” application on their mobile phones so they could know each other’s whereabouts at all times.

“It was me that found it and me that loaded it onto our phones and showed Allison how to use it,” Mr Baden-Clay said.

But Mr Baden-Clay said the application occasionally failed or malfunctioned.

“And on the one day you needed it, it failed you,” Mr Fuller said.

“And on the one day that I needed it failed me, yes that is correct” Mr Baden-Clay said.

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay tried to use the phone application to find his wife on the morning of April 20, 2012, to no avail.

He told police the application was “switched off” that morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ore-affairs-20140702-zstwy.html#ixzz36IrOK6Ai

Heeyyyy! Don't insult my fur babies please :)

I love small mammals and particularly marsupials to pieces. But sayings usually have a lot of truth to them.

"Birds of a feather flock together as do pigs and swine, rats and mice will have their choice and so shall I have mine." dates back to Ancient Greece and Rome

We are all here to see justice for Allison.
If it was misadventure, OWN it Gerard.

Personally I think it will all come down to who ties things together better in their closing statements.

As you have all kept up with the trial I have noticed many many many comments of yes that happened, when will we get to this, that's not what they said before etc.

To the jury this is all new information delivered at times in boring ways. Eg 100 (yes an exaggeration).people to say the cuts were not made by a razor.

They are human, there will have been times when their minds wandered. And in this trial there was no "Gotcha" moment, no movie like revelations of fingerprints or blood stained clothes. No sit up and take notice now moment.

So I believe it will come down very much to who can tie it all together without being so long winded they lose the jury in the process.
Bingo! Absolutely agree, that's why I'm so nervous!! At least the prosecution is last so they're case hopefully will be top of mind for jurors

Today and yesterday were the first times I have felt confident about a guilty verdict. Hopefully the jury has seen the way GBC shines when talking about himself and his sexual happenings. Then they can see how much he hates when someone dares to doubt him, and has the gall to be offended. Typical of him.
I think the prosecution have done a great job. I think the best thing for the prosecution was that GBC took the stand. Thanks for that GBC !! :)

I love small mammals and particularly marsupials to pieces. But sayings usually have a lot of truth to them.

"Birds of a feather flock together as do pigs and swine, rats and mice will have their choice and so shall I have mine." dates back to Ancient Greece and Rome

We are all here to see justice for Allison.
If it was misadventure, OWN it Gerard.

it would be a huge step into the unknown should a jury decide on unlawful killing.. and it would be an even bigger lunge into la la land if the judge gives the jury, in his instructions, that option.. considering that Gerard states he was asleep at the logical time she was murdered..

FFS if Gerard said he cut himself because he was trying to shave whilst he was looking out the window because he thought he heard someone walking down the driveway ....
He isn't human!

Mr Baden-Clay Snr told the court of the moment he learnt Allison's body had been located.

"The police came to Gerard's office, I happened to be in Gerard's office at the time, and the police came to Gerard's office to tell him," he said.

"But we had actually heard before that because it was actually on the internet before the police got to his office.

"We were aware a body had been found under the Kohlo Creek Bridge."

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/murder-trial-gerard-baden-clay-second-week/2290111/

This really does seem to contradict what GBC told the court today. I am sure he said he was with his lawyer (at that time Darren Mahoney) and also meeting with Peter Davis (a barrister that his lawyer worked with) when told.
When and where he was when his wife's body was found surely is something he would remember vividly.

Gerard Baden-Clay changed routine that morning

NORMALLY Gerard Baden-Clay would shower first to let his skin "wake up" before shaving.

But the morning he reported his wife Allison missing he did not.

"I actually shaved first, ummm and then showered," he said.

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/baden-clay-affair-because-he-just-wanted-sex/2304989/

Face was the priority - had to disguise those fingernail scratches by a little more decorative slicing and dicing. Then have a good scrub under the shower and stop the blood flowing anywhere but down the drain. MOO

the jury would have to find, and the judge would have to instruct them of this option, that Gerard unlawfully killed Alison in his sleep .... and also, by extension, interfered with her corpse while asleep..

*squinty eyed* ........ that sentence doesn't even want to lay down on the screen..

kiwi50 I've often wondered why TM a woman who sleeps with another man's husband and has some hide therefore and is hardly a wall-flower/shrinking violet type could be intimidated by Allison who no doubt TM and GBC routinely scoffed and derided and laughed about during their trysts.

It doesn't make sense to me her level of anxiety/anger.

How did being at conference with Allison there threaten her?
Attendees would band with Allison?
TM would be pointed, booed, hissed and spat upon : hardly.

jmo

I'm also having trouble accepting this scenario as well. Why would TM be so concerned about Allison at the conference when Gerry has given her a commitment he would be left Allison and be with her by 1st July. I can't see her jeopardizing this commitment by confronting Allison. Likewise if Allison didn't know TM and Gerry were on again, I don't see her confronting Allison.

Am I missing something?

Can Doc or other medical people tell me please if the delay in finding Allison would have masked all of the following signs of smothering?

TIA :)

"Throughout the investigation of a death by suffocation or smothering the pathologist will look for the tell tale signs: the bloodshot eyes, the high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood and will also look for bruising around the nose and mouth and may even collect trace evidence such as hairs and fibres from around the nose and mouth of the deceased."

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/suffocating-and-smothering.html

Hi Cattail :)

Yes - her face was unrecognisable - she couldn't be identified that way. Large areas of her soft tissues had been decomposed with areas of her skull showing. Only a part of the tongue could be found.

So in short, without going into too much gory detail, it was impossible to look for, or to find, those classical signs of smothering.

Baden-Clay also told the court of the moment his wife's body was found in a creek, revealing he was at his lawyer's office when news came through. He was later contacted by police to say the body had been identified as Allison's.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eated-exchange-witness-box.html#ixzz36ItTxiI0

The police came to Gerard's office, I happened to be in Gerard's office at the time, and the police came to Gerard's office to tell him," he said.

"But we had actually heard before that because it was actually on the internet before the police got to his office.

"We were aware a body had been found under the Kohlo Creek Bridge."

http://m.noosanews.com.au/news/murder-trial-gerard-baden-clay-second-week/2290111/ :waitasec:

Gerard Baden-Clay admits to 'more affairs' :puke:

The 43-year-old said it was his suggestion that he and his wife install the “Find My Phone” application on their mobile phones so they could know each other’s whereabouts at all times.

“It was me that found it and me that loaded it onto our phones and showed Allison how to use it,” Mr Baden-Clay said.

But Mr Baden-Clay said the application occasionally failed or malfunctioned.

“And on the one day you needed it, it failed you,” Mr Fuller said.

“And on the one day that I needed it failed me, yes that is correct” Mr Baden-Clay said.

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay tried to use the phone application to find his wife on the morning of April 20, 2012, to no avail.

He told police the application was “switched off” that morning.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ore-affairs-20140702-zstwy.html#ixzz36IrOK6Ai

BBM. Yet more bad luck for the hapless GBC.

the jury would have to find, and the judge would have to instruct them of this option, that Gerard unlawfully killed Alison in his sleep .... and also, by extension, interfered with her corpse while asleep..

*squinty eyed* ........ that sentence doesn't even want to lay down on the screen..

:floorlaugh:

Re: the Find My Phone app. I'm sure I read in the police computer expert's report that Find My Phone had not been installed on GBC's phone -- or something on those lines. Anyone know for sure?

Would that happen to be the exact number of years she was married to someone with a personality disorder? :banghead:

Oh wow! Just how significant is that!
"Would that happen to be the exact number of years she was married to someone with a personality disorder?"
Neat arithmetics there Neuromancer.
Plus there is one common denominator .......
Whose name co-incidentally is .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members