Why Christmas?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^ Even then, though, Boulder had a skeleton crew on Christmas, as I would imagine most small town, low crime areas would in 1996 and beyond.

Christmas would be the least likely day for an intruder to attack. Many people would be out of town. Many others would have out of town guests staying at the house.

According the Lou this intruder entered the house and stayed for hours, taking his time composing the Ransom Book. So, how did this intruder know when the R's were coming home? It's not like you could observe someone, get to know their routines and then attack on Christmas, because no one follow their routines on Christmas.

I have always felt the timing is yet another in the huge list of circumstantial evidence against an intruder.

Personally, I don't believe the head blow was premeditated and I believe the garroting was considered a "required" part of the staging, so I don't think Christmas had any real significance either.

Other than the fact that it is a very stressful day for many parents, especially those with small children and especially those that have a trip planned for very early the day after Christmas.

According the Lou this intruder entered the house and stayed for hours, taking his time composing the Ransom Book.

Which is the only thing he really needs to do during this time! Write a three page ransom note!

There is no advantage to him breaking into the house early just to wait for god knows how many hours just to write a ransom note he could have written afterwards at home or even not at all (phone call).

re Jb's bracelet engraved with 12-25-96, IMO that is something that some people "do." my Nana did that with birthday jewelry for me/my sister. I remember a couple watches and numerous lockets she gave me which were engraved underneath/on the back with the date(s). I wish I still had them ...

If IDI, than there is the possibility that the intruder intentionally chose Christmas, and I think that that is what most of us on this side of the fence think. We don’t know why he would have chosen Christmas, but we have a lot of ideas.

As for an RDI scenario, I’m not as befuddled by the day as I am by the time of day: Jonbenet seems to have been murdered in the middle of the night. Not just any night, but in middle of the one night of the year when most children (most people!) are early to bed, worn and wiped out from the day’s activities. On top of that, these were people who had to get up quite early the following morning.

Now, I can imagine an intruder who might target the Ramseys, and who might choose Christmas and who might enter in the middle of the night, but I find it harder to imagine why the Ramseys would still be up in the middle of that night.

AK

<respectfully snipped>

Now, I can imagine an intruder who might target the Ramseys, and who might choose Christmas and who might enter in the middle of the night, but I find it harder to imagine why the Ramseys would still be up in the middle of that night. ).

AK

BBM

Patsy stated she often got up at midnight to take JonBenet to the bathroom. Patsy said it helped prevent bed wetting (my paraphrasing). A search here on WS will show references and prior discussion on that midnight habit.

Sure, but in most RDI scenarios Jonbenet didn&#8217;t go to bed.

AK

BBM

Patsy stated she often got up at midnight to take JonBenet to the bathroom. Patsy said it helped prevent bed wetting (my paraphrasing). A search here on WS will show references and prior discussion on that midnight habit.

This right here:
Patsy stated she often got up at midnight to take JonBenet to the bathroom.

Reminded me of this right here by Blue Bottle 01:

Psalms 119:62

CJB ~ At midnight I rise to give you thanks because of your righteous rulings.

NIRV ~ At midnight I get up to give you thanks because your decisions are very fair.

DARBY ~ At midnight I rise up to give thanks unto thee, because of thy righteous judgments.

Commentary:

JFB 62: At midnight—Hengstenberg supposes a reference to the time when the Lord went forth to slay the Egyptian first-born

Pulpit: "... rise up from it and shake off his sleep, and in a set, serious, solemn manner, praise the Lord. This shows a great regard to him, and affection to this work, since it is with difficulty men prevail upon themselves to rise at midnight upon any occasion; at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sung praises to God"

Gill's Expo: "Sometimes the judgments of God have been executed at midnight; as the destruction of the firstborn in Egypt, and of Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea, when Israel sang his praise..."

Thy Word:
61 The cords of the wicked have encircled me, But I have not forgotten Your law.
62 At midnight I shall rise to give thanks to You Because of Your righteous ordinances.

http://biblehub.com/psalms/119-62.htm

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Psalm 119:62

Patsy stated she often got up at midnight to take JonBenet to the bathroom.

Lucky thing she never ran into the murderer. Or did the killer no that Patsy did this?

If your a killer you need to strike as early as possible to give yourself enough time to cover your tracks while it's still dark.

Lucky thing she never ran into the murderer. Or did the killer no that Patsy did this?

If your a killer you need to strike as early as possible to give yourself enough time to cover your tracks while it's still dark.

Iirc, Patsy said she usually took JonBenet "to potty" at midnight but she didn't do so the night JonBenet died. Patsy said sometimes JonBenet would go to the bathroom during the night by herself. Patsy also stated that she *always* left JonBenet's door ajar so she could her in case she needed Patsy. Of course, Patsy also said she didn't hear a thing that night. :facepalm:

If IDI, than there is the possibility that the intruder intentionally chose Christmas, and I think that that is what most of us on this side of the fence think. We don’t know why he would have chosen Christmas, but we have a lot of ideas.

As for an RDI scenario, I’m not as befuddled by the day as I am by the time of day: Jonbenet seems to have been murdered in the middle of the night. Not just any night, but in middle of the one night of the year when most children (most people!) are early to bed, worn and wiped out from the day’s activities. On top of that, these were people who had to get up quite early the following morning.

Now, I can imagine an intruder who might target the Ramseys, and who might choose Christmas and who might enter in the middle of the night, but I find it harder to imagine why the Ramseys would still be up in the middle of that night.

AK

Good points. I have my own theory, but I'm curious about yours. So let's say it was an intruder, did he or she enter the home prior to that night? Meaning did they wait around and get a feel for the home? One of the biggest problems I come across when playing around with IDI is the familiarity with the home in comparison to the note. I would think that the intruder would have had to have been present while the family was gone or been in the home before enough to memorize the layout. The RN was all over the place and makes me think that even the killer was unsure of his or her motive. If it's a simple kidnapping gone wrong, why leave the body in the home after going through so much trouble? How or why did they even end up in the basement? I don't think it was sexually motivated, nor done by a group of people. If we follow the note, the crime doesn't match IMO. Any thoughts?

I can think of only ONE reason why his wife is still at his side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy on HLN now, is pretty..hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If IDI, than there is the possibility that the intruder intentionally chose Christmas,

It depends on what your motive for the crime is and whether it was premeditated.

Good points. I have my own theory, but I'm curious about yours. So let's say it was an intruder, did he or she enter the home prior to that night? Meaning did they wait around and get a feel for the home?

You can break into the house to get the lay of the land and then leave and re-enter later.

There is no reason to stay in the house for that long prior to the Ramsey's.

It's also even more puzzling why he would stay in the house, when he could of waited in his car and watched the house from the outside. It would be easier to tell if the Ramsey's were asleep by the lights outside the house.
Unless you believe he walked to the crime scene.

The only reason I could see an IDI choosing Christmas Night is because he had to spend Christmas Day with his own wife and kids.

I could see a scenario were an intruder tells his kids that he is off on his night shift duty on christmas night.

May also explain why the killer never took the body or committed a kidnapping. He had no place to put the body since his family would notice it.

The intruder being a family man much like John Ramsey would also explain how he knows the Ramsey's and their house so well and why he ultimately hates him.

If he was a white collar worker, Christmas night would probably be the only time he would be off to prepare for a crime like this. Being a white collar worker would explain why he hasn't committed a crime since nor has his DNA appeared in the database.

Good points. I have my own theory, but I'm curious about yours. So let's say it was an intruder, did he or she enter the home prior to that night? Meaning did they wait around and get a feel for the home? One of the biggest problems I come across when playing around with IDI is the familiarity with the home in comparison to the note. I would think that the intruder would have had to have been present while the family was gone or been in the home before enough to memorize the layout. The RN was all over the place and makes me think that even the killer was unsure of his or her motive. If it's a simple kidnapping gone wrong, why leave the body in the home after going through so much trouble? How or why did they even end up in the basement? I don't think it was sexually motivated, nor done by a group of people. If we follow the note, the crime doesn't match IMO. Any thoughts?

Hi TaylurRose02,
I have no idea when (or, how often) the killer entered the home. Because I think that the killer was a stranger I think it likely that he may have entered the home on at least one prior occasion.

I don’t think the killer had to know the home as well as others seem to think. He really only needed to be able to find his victim’s bedroom, and that could have been accomplished to some degree of certainty simply by watching the house. for example, see here: http://tinyurl.com/ne6vjhe and, http://tinyurl.com/o2syk89 and, http://tinyurl.com/ltm7mxd

I don’t think a kidnapping was ever intended. I think the kidnapping was “fake.”

AK

The only reason I could see an IDI choosing Christmas Night is because he had to spend Christmas Day with his own wife and kids.

I could see a scenario were an intruder tells his kids that he is off on his night shift duty on christmas night.

May also explain why the killer never took the body or committed a kidnapping. He had no place to put the body since his family would notice it.

The intruder being a family man much like John Ramsey would also explain how he knows the Ramsey's and their house so well and why he ultimately hates him.

If he was a white collar worker, Christmas night would probably be the only time he would be off to prepare for a crime like this. Being a white collar worker would explain why he hasn't committed a crime since nor has his DNA appeared in the database.
You’re suggesting an intruder may have chosen Christmas as a matter of convenience. That is one possibility but there are others, but without an identified suspect it’s hard to figure out what they may be. Maybe this guy hated Christmas and just wanted to ruin it for somebody, maybe he thought Christmas would make for a greater impact community-wide, or make it for a more compelling attraction for the media, a more shocking crime, etc. we just don’t know.

AK

I'm sure I posated this on this thread before, but it is not here. I researched it, and found that an occult sacrifice on Christmas is called" Lighting the Last Bulb on the Christmas Tree." For occult groups, this is a significant time to sacrifice. I have also read that "Illuminatists" like to drink the blood of their victims because they believe that it will restore their youth. Sounds like PR to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristineah
Back