GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marly - without wanting to appear a stick-in-the-mud, why is WS changing something that ain't broke? I know it's not your decision, but there will inevitably be teething problems and difficulties for folks using a different interface compared to one that everyone has become so comfortable with.

Don't tell me that WS are doing a Facebook? Changing things for the sake of changing things? ;)

I'll wait and see what the "new" WS is like before passing judgement, of course, being the unbiased, open-minded person that I am... :tantrum:

Not to accommodate FACEBOOK !! :scared:

Say it isn't so :banghead:

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Please take note of my edited post above. The upgrade will be tomorrow night...lol.

Hi All,

Long time lurker (many years) and first time poster.

I must first open by congratulating and thanking all of you for your thoughtful, caring, learned and often funny posts. You all really sound and act like a caring community. I have laughed and cried along with all of you but have chosen to stay anonymous until now.

I've never written on any forum in my life but thought I had to after reading about the Forensic Toxicologist (Dr. Michael Robertson) who testified on behalf of the defence yesterday. please see link (article) below.

'Killer links Aussie lover'
http://www.news.com.au/national/killer-links-aussie-lover/story-e6frfkp9-1225777012294

I'm not suggesting or implying anything untoward in his testimony and agree with most sentiments that it didn't help the defence in any way. I just though of all the toxicologists in Australia they could've chosen a reputable one without a history.

Again thank you all for the past few years in relation to this case.

Thanks,
SwiftSleuth

Thank you SwiftSleuth for this information. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Certainly not 100% sure but will dig for more information to match them up.

Mmhh! That's not a good choice of witness. Can you be sure that they are one and the same person? Dr Michael David Robertson?

Regarding a verdict of manslaughter,wouldn't GBC need to plead guilty to killing Allison for him to receive a less harsh sentence? Surely it can't be manslaughter if he denies killing her under any circumstance?

Please Alioop, if you can help or anyone knowledgeable in law. TIA

Each case I've looked up the accused has agreed to killing the victim.

I posted about this last night. The short answer is the judge will direct the jury that a manslaughter verdict is available to them if they think he unlawfully killed Allison but can't be satisfied on intent which is the main difference between murder and manslaughter.

Thanks Kimster and Marly - that puts it into perspective.

I thought for a moment there that it was change for the sake of change, just bells and whistle stuff. But 's post makes sense.

Strange stuff occurring.
Possible media person approached jury member.
GBC wanting notes passed to jury.
Final witness of 3 for the defense WOW!!

Thanks Ali. I was happy just being an observer until I found this info.
Working on the next bombshell as we speak.

Bloody hell swift sleuth, your first post is gobsmacking. Welcome. Got any more bombshells to share?

I posted about this last night. The short answer is the judge will direct the jury that a manslaughter verdict is available to them if they think he unlawfully killed Allison but can't be satisfied on intent which is the main difference between murder and manslaughter.

Bolded by me

I so strongly disagree with this sentence......really really strongly :tantrum:

I TOTALLY agree Ollijack. There has been no suggestion of mourning and love for Alison from the Baden-Clay family.

Dr Michael D Robertson of San Diego fame and Dr Michael D Robertson who testified for the defence yesterday are one and the same.

Here's the CV for the one who testified yesterday - and check out his posting in California (where San Diego is), and his initials in the references.

http://hairtestinganalysis.com.au/dr-michael-d-robertson-cv.html

I note also that several of his references are to papers by Prof Olaf Drummer - the toxicologist for the prosecution who testified earlier in the trial.

I've a memory of being a child, slamming my bedroom door and my parents slipping a note like this under my door....

v/bulletin square foot inches times WHAT?

LYSANDRA !?! I need a translator. STAT

Trying to match them up. I am at work. Tricky.
Officials visit Australia for Robertson inquiry
By Caitlin Rother
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

March 21, 2003
Now that former county toxicologist Kristin Rossum has been convicted for fatally poisoning her husband, authorities are refocusing their murder investigation on Rossum's former boss and lover.

Two members of the prosecution team that sent Rossum to the Chowchilla women's prison in December recently returned from a trip to Melbourne, Australia, where they spent six days investigating Michael Robertson.

Robertson, 32, has a doctorate in forensic medicine from Monash University in Melbourne, is widely published in medical journals and has given professional presentations on date-rape drugs, according to his resume.
http://legacy.utsandiego.com/news/metro/rossum/20030321-9999_1m21rossum.html

Dr Michael D Robertson of San Diego fame and Dr Michael D Robertson who testified for the defence yesterday are one and the same.

Here's the CV for the one who testified yesterday - and check out his posting in California (where San Diego is), and his initials in the references.

I note also that several of his references are to papers by Prof Olaf Drummer - the toxicologist for the prosecution who testified earlier in the trial.

Ooh well done. They have been after him for more than a decade.
I hope this doesn't throw the trial.

Seriously tho how much should we discuss/post this?

If GBC is guilty and expecting to be found so then his and his family's and his bank balance's best bet is to cause a mistrial and improve his Act#II...

I'd rather log off than contribute to HELPING GBC achieve that end.

If GBC is guilty and expecting to be found so then his and his family's and his bank balance's best bet is to cause a mistrial and improve his Act#II...

I'd rather log off than contribute to HELPING GBC achieve that end.

Check with Marly....but I think we flatter ourselves at WS....don't think what we discuss is important to anyone else JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821