GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct BB. Terribly sad case. Just one of an ever increasing number of parents killing their kids in an act of 'ultimate' revenge. I am anti capital punishment, but these type of killings really test my resolve on that stance.

Circumstances of separation and divorce with strangers 'taking over' such as well-meaning costly lawyers and costly counsellors saying the damndest most insensitive and totally off things to their clients can send good people / preciously vulnerable parents - bad.

jmo

But there are suicides that aren't allowed to be reported at such times to consider also.

Relevance?

All the more reason why Allison would stay with GBC knowing, feeling and intellectualising her's and her girls' options.

People crack/snap and when you know a propensity exists and you have three little girls to protect you take the path of safety/least resistance.

I think GBC was a ticking time bomb given all the balls he had in the air.

I think It's possible Allison considered he was too.

jmo

Just as Darcey's dad was a ticking time bomb for 180 degree different reasons than GBC (May she rest, dearly rest in peace and all her loved ones find peace)

The poll has been running for a few days with some people voting early on I gather. I noticed some posters say they've changed their thinking since he took the stand. I wonder what the result would look like now?

I would be interested to know if the answer differs between... Do you think he's guilty? and If you were on the jury would you find sufficient evidence to convict?

Yes Susan. Guilty. And if on jury. Still guilty. Xx

Something I find highly suspicious is that he sends Allison a general "hi where are you?" calm text at 6:20 and 30 minutes later he's calling police. 30 minutes! He hasn't called her friends, her parents, anyone she is close to that she might have contacted, the neighbours, etc. A normal person, with no sign of anything that suggests she was taken who just thinks she's gone walking, would try all manner of things before involving police. Then he tells police he's not that worried he thinks she will walk back in any minute. Then why call them if you think that? If you're not that worried why call them after only 30 minutes?

I do not buy it! I also don't believe he wouldn't get himself ready while waiting for her to respond to the SMS and giving her that initial time. Not if it was legit.

Well said Susan

GBC certainly ain't 'legit'.

You put much effort into your research and posts. Thank you.

Sorry to keep on about this find my friend app --- but it is not my fault it is GBC's.
He was the one that reflected on his previous days evidence and remembered that it was him that found the app, put it on the phones and taught Allison how to use it.
He gave his explanation of how it works and he has confused me.
Kellie Thomson using GBC phoned searched at 11.43 am - no service.
She again searched using GBC phone at 1.09pm and Bingo a blue dot 150 mts from the back of the house.
Someone did turned this app on. Right!!!

Sorry to interrupt discussions. About halfway, having issues, but they are fixable I think. Goodnight :)

Well you really launched yourself into your gift. Stunning. Her eyes most especially. Sleep well.

Hi All,

Long time lurker (many years) and first time poster.

I must first open by congratulating and thanking all of you for your thoughtful, caring, learned and often funny posts. You all really sound and act like a caring community. I have laughed and cried along with all of you but have chosen to stay anonymous until now.

I've never written on any forum in my life but thought I had to after reading about the Forensic Toxicologist (Dr. Michael Robertson) who testified on behalf of the defence yesterday. please see link (article) below.

'Killer links Aussie lover'
http://www.news.com.au/national/killer-links-aussie-lover/story-e6frfkp9-1225777012294

I'm not suggesting or implying anything untoward in his testimony and agree with most sentiments that it didn't help the defence in any way. I just though of all the toxicologists in Australia they could've chosen a reputable one without a history.

Again thank you all for the past few years in relation to this case.

Thanks,
SwiftSleuth

I remember this case from some time ago and have read the book. I am posting a link to a further article from September 2013 - very interesting.
Are you certain that it is one and the same person?

Thanks for finding this if it is one and the same - wonder if defence know/knew?

Sorry to keep on about this find my friend app --- but it is not my fault it is GBC's.
He was the one that reflected on his previous days evidence and remembered that it was him that found the app, put it on the phones and taught Allison how to use it.
She again searched using GBC phone at 1.09pm and Bingo a blue dot 150 mts from the back of the house.

You're right of course. Only GBC could do so (in a run to the toilet during police at the house that morning I guess - it'd take all of 9seconds to re activate it on his phone in privacy from the police)

Why did he?

My guess: he is daft (A), (B) he was covering himself not knowing if (confounded) CIB could trace that he'd turned it off and that might not be a good look for him, (C) be buggered - he didn't expect a ping.

jmo

Now I'll be honest here : your question deserves far more merit than my answer, I just notice it's gone unanswered and suspect that's because not many WS are familiar with this app - BUT PLENTY OF LURKERS ARE - hmmm - WE NEED YOU GUYS TO JUMP ON BOARD - "Is There Anybody Out There?"

Sorry to interrupt discussions. About halfway, having issues, but they are fixable I think. Goodnight :)

Oddsocks, this is so lovely that I really think you should consider giving this to the Dickies. If I was her Mum, i would be truly touched by this. Perhaps have it scanned and then laminate that scan, then give the original to Mrs Dickie? if that costs money, i'm absolutely happy to send it to you. wonderful talent, makes me cry

I recall reading in the last few days that the blue dot Kellie Thomson saw on GBC's phone did not indicate where Allison's phone was. The blue dot was in fact showing where GBC's phone was. If it had located Allison's phone (with the Find My Friends app switched on) it would have displayed a green dot. I'm sure it was here somewhere that I read this. If this is in fact the case then Allison's phone wasn't at 61 Boscombe Road or thereabouts at all. I feel certain that GBC would have switched her phone to silent so irrespective of where it was, no-one would have heard it ring.

Circumstances of separation and divorce with strangers 'taking over' such as well-meaning costly lawyers and costly counsellors saying the damndest most insensitive and totally off things to their clients can send good people / preciously vulnerable parents - bad.

jmo

But there are suicides that aren't allowed to be reported at such times to consider also.

Relevance?

All the more reason why Allison would stay with GBC knowing, feeling and intellectualising her's and her girls' options.

People crack/snap and when you know a propensity exists and you have three little girls to protect you take the path of safety/least resistance.

I think GBC was a ticking time bomb given all the balls he had in the air.

I think It's possible Allison considered he was too.

jmo

Just as Darcey's dad was a ticking time bomb for 180 degree different reasons than GBC (May she rest, dearly rest in peace and all her loved ones find peace)

Agree with this 100%
My sister went through a dangerous time with her ex-husband while extricating herself from the marriage. She had to play a very careful game---calm and smiling was her face to him, while desperately trying to find public support. She did find that paying him a lot of money made him go away, eventually. And he didn't want anything more to do with the children after he got the money. He was very well-educated and a high-up government employee too. AND EVENTUALLY HE HAD HIS TIME IN JAIL TOO. Not for murder, although he did attempt to poison my mother, sister, and I. That's why we were on our guard. At the time we didn't have enough evidence, we just chose to fly under his radar and get my sister away safely.
The trial has really brought home to me how much private pain and worry Allison must have borne.
The image of the narcissist in the middle with lonely spokes radiating out is illuminating to me. I would also add that IMO you can "sense" a psychopath by listening to a group of family/friends/employees talk about their misery---sooner or later one name will pop up again and again, and voila! One person is revealed at the centre of anguish and destruction. What it takes is for people to get together and open up! If any of you feel you might be under attack, no matter how subtly, please consider finding as many trustworthy people as you can and telling them about your feelings, particularly if you have a viseral "gut" intinct to pull away from someone.
I wish Allison had gotten away.
My understanding leads me to imagine that she had tried every reasonable and rational way to live with GBC. The trigger for her to leave him might have been, for all we know, the conference. Allison might have taken Toni's presence there in her stride, Toni and Allison might have talked, compared stories, both gotten angry but also both enlightened about GBC. The outcome would equal divorce, loss of sex (Trooper's 'extra bonk' description is so apt), major loss of face, no more loans to the social pariah, no more family man construct...still, people can and do rebuild themselves from these uncomfortable outcomes. So I must agree with those who say the pivot was the insurance $$$. Just too much dosh to turn a back on.
So sordid.
So tragic. Waste of a beautiful life.

Was it "shower shave" or "shave shower"? That's right, it was "shower shave" every other day EXCEPT the morning Allison was reported missing. That morning it was "shave shower" - after the ablutions of course. :banghead:

When was the third sh.. with checking emails during the "session"? In any case GBC had enough time obviously - that doesn't fit at all with his rushing here and rushing there and cutting himself because of his rushing and so on and so on.

I wonder how much was kept from Allison regarding her and GBC financials both in relation to the business and their personal accounts. The borrowing and the loans 90k 90k 90k 300k 400k...
I wonder if she knew any of this, or the truth of it (at least).
I think not. Its not been mentioned in the trial.

Just some of tonight's thoughts...

Where can I find the witness statements regarding: 2 cars being seen in the Kholo Bridge at night? One had its headlights off or something like that.
Point, and I can do the rest :)

Thanks in Advance.

I will follow it up soon.
G'night all.
:eek:fftobed:

There is some intense reading of Fuller's grand finale in his cross examination of GBC here, (thanks Amee :) )

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.a...-concerned-about-mistress-phoning-wi/2306708/

I recall reading in the tweets that when Fuller first said "You killed your wife Mr Baden Clay", his voice rose. From there, it reads as an intense barrage of questions in quick succession about the murder. To our sleuths who were there for this (BN,Liadan,Bellgirl,Tangled?) I would love to know what GBCs demeanour was like when answering these questions? He seemed to have an answer for them all, but was he cool and calculated in his responses, unemotional, or did he seem defensive or stressed, did his voice rise too?

Where can I find the witness statements regarding: 2 cars being seen in the Kholo Bridge at night? One had its headlights off or something like that.
Point, and I can do the rest :)

Thanks in Advance.

I will follow it up soon.
G'night all.
:eek:fftobed:

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.

It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.

The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later. Police said Mrs Baden-Clay was reported missing by her husband Gerard at 7.30am Friday after she failed to return from her usual morning walk.
"Point, and I can do the rest" ----------->(couriermail) :smile:

I recall reading in the last few days that the blue dot Kellie Thomson saw on GBC's phone did not indicate where Allison's phone was. The blue dot was in fact showing where GBC's phone was. If it had located Allison's phone (with the Find My Friends app switched on) it would have displayed a green dot. I'm sure it was here somewhere that I read this. If this is in fact the case then Allison's phone wasn't at 61 Boscombe Road or thereabouts at all. I feel certain that GBC would have switched her phone to silent so irrespective of where it was, no-one would have heard it ring.

I suppose the most telling thing though was his lack of reaction to the news that the constable had 'located' Allison's phone. It doesn't matter if it was their or not to me- as the argument is that anyone could have put it there if it was in fact there at all. The clincher is that if he thought she had fallen over walking and became unconcious, then why didn't he run towards where the phone was supposedly located? Maybe she was on the ground unconcious. What did he do? Shrugged his shoulders and went inside to read the the financial review.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu