GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Allison and I had been through a period of about nine years where we had hardly had any physical intimacy at all,” Mr Baden-Clay said.
“Yes, there were a number of women that I went to for sex. We talked about some of them during that period.”
Mr Baden-Clay has admitted to having a month-long affair with his former colleague Michelle Hammond about the time he and his wife conceived their third child in 2006.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ore-affairs-20140702-zstwy.html#ixzz36SqEW3JW

"Went to women for sex"...not a very nice way to say that!
And to be having an affair and conceive at the same time is particularly sad. I sincerely hope Allison didn't know that!

Who is the second women (affair) that Toni was so upset about.
IMO it cannot be M Hammond that was in 2006 and Toni was still with her x Given she knew about J Crane because GG told her on the phone and she still flew to Sydney.
An affair from years ago I cannot see upsetting her too much.

What was that womans name Toni said in the bail hearings and we all thought she may have made a mistake. Maybe it wasn't a mistake maybe there was someone else on the go. After all that is why she said she meet GBC in the vacant rental unit so as he could explain.

Yes, we're making sure of it. In fact, we would have upgraded earlier this week, but didn't because of this trial. :kimsterwink:

Thanks Kimster! We appreciate this greatly. So good to be able to keep up to date with the case through this site as I don't live in Qld. Where I live we get some of the reports but not all. I did grow up in Brisbane and so I am familiar with some of the places. It has been very interesting seeing how this case has been investigated and also the court process. I have learned so much. It has also been informative to reflect on different personality types, and different aspects of human nature...... Like lies generating more lies and weaving increasingly tangled webs leading to great tragedy........ So deeply sad.

I am blessed to be in a deeply happy marriage. There is mutual love, respect for and emcouragement of each other. I know that I am blessed, and that not everyone is in this situation. So in watching this tragic case unfold I have developed a new understanding of people who are in difficult marriages. In most cases if people can sort out their differences and work together to improve their marriage this is the best option....... But I can see for others that the safest and best option is to leave the marriage........ But this is not always easy to do.

I have appreciated how Websleuths encourages people to be respectful and fair to all parties in the case and avoid gossip. I have valued the collective wisdom and wittiness of people who have posted on this site. I have also appreciated the common stance for justice and truth.

Patiently waiting for justice to unfold for a beautiful lady I never knew. So sad. Such a tragic waste of a beautiful life. I am sure Alison had her faults........ We all do.......... But her death in this manner was so uncalled for. The things I have read about her show me that if I was a school mum with her I would have respected her and wanted to be her friend.

My thoughts and prayers remain with her girls, parents, friends and all who grieve the loss of this precious lady.

This hits close to home.
Please please help her get out of this relationship if she is unhappy. Let her know you'll be there for her. She will be feeling confused about her true feelings and she will be self doubting. As alioop said, tell her Allison's story.
I have been in an unstable emotionally volatile relationship for 2 years. I told him the other night I think he has narsassistic tendencies. His reply"no but I am superior".
They will always find a way to blame anyone else and cause a lot of self doubt.

Oh no, Oddsocks :eek: No hope of an equitable relationship if he admits so readily to feeling that way. You be careful too.

Does anyone remember if Alison ever mentioned in her diary about GBC giving her his phone each night?

I think she had a nice hair do, looking forward to the conference as she was determined to do all she could to keep the business running, felt confident, felt empowered in her relationship with GBC and was very hopeful he truely wanted to save their marriage. She was getting through all the questions she had in her diary to ask him, he was participating because of Carmel Ritchie bullying him into shutting up and listening to her. Things were looking very good in her mind, she was far away from her depressed times. Her youngest was now at school and she had breathing space to persue her own exciting ventures.

I now think that Carmel Ritchie's advice for the 15 min sessions didn't lead to GBC exploding in an argument. It was the conference that was the catalyst.

I agree. I think he was afraid that TM would show Alison the email telling her he would be free by July 1. How could he possibly explain that ?

Or
y8ahyhyd.jpg

I agree. I think he was afraid that TM would show Alison the email telling her he would be free by July 1. How could he possibly explain that ?

Yes that is all she would need to do - flash that email. Heck for all we know she could have already forwarded it to Allison that day or even earlier. I think she knew a lot more about his carrying on that he thought. Who thinks that the person who told Allison about his affair initially would have stopped at that? If that person was a friend they could have kept her informed with other tidbits as well. I'd also expect that there would have been work colleagues at the office who would also hate to see her being cheated on - GBC seemed pretty careless about who knew about his dalliances. The people he worked with daily would have surely been aware of his self important facades and may have liked the idea of him being knocked down a peg or two.

Btw thanks for the lovely feedback re drawing everyone
:loveyou:

It is lovely but I wouldn't be laminating it. (Did I read that back there somewhere!!) I would only laminate a copy but keep to original to be framed and preserved
!

And there was this from OW, now O Baden hyphen W.

Quoting a Bible passage that refers to being "struck down but not destroyed", Mr Walton went on to criticise coverage of the Brookfield mother-of-three's disappearance and death.

"Precious friends, on another matter you need to be aware that the media are glorying in the most revolting and salacious gossip. They seem determined to do all possible to damage and destroy.

"They have virtually imprisoned us in the house! They have NO regard for Allison or her family - despite their 'crocodile tears' for Allison. I warn you that there may be more and worse to come."

Mr Walton - who is married to Mr Baden-Clay's sister, Olivia - also told how the family had made a collective decision to remain quiet.

"Please do not put your trust in what you read and do not lose faith at this time.

"We have decided not to speak publicly to the media and to grieve in private.

"We may pay the price for this in the 'court' of public opinion."

Pompous and mealy mouthed :juanettes:

This is so frightening to me. I have a close friend who is living a miserable life at the moment. She is married to a narcissist. The things he says and does are sending her mad.It is like he pushes and pushes her and then when she gets angry he uses it to his advantage. He is always belittling her with comments about her low paying job and how she has no ambition. She has told him her ambition in life is to be a good mother with happy children and to be happy herself. He makes all the decisions in that house. He treats her like a child. But she loves him and is always trying to make him happy. But it is never good enough. She has suffered from depression and anxiety in the past but has recently started to stand up for herself. When this happened he insisted she go back on antidepressants because " she wasn't herself". He is very secretive and has passwords on his phone and ipad, even his own personal computer hard drive. He is in charge of all the money and they have been experiencing financial problems that she has only just found out about. She says she thinks he is having an affair although he denies it and tells her it is the depression talking. He has had affairs in the past.
I worry because he has told people he is afraid she is suicidal. He even told her parents this. She has told me and other friends and her doctor that this is not true. I worry because she would never imagine he would hurt her physically. But I'm sure Allison thought the same thing.
It is hard to help her because she still loves him. All I can do is listen to her and let her know I am here if she needs. But , how I hate him for what he is doing to her.

Arrange a meeting with her family and friends. Discuss your concerns.
Be her support network. Take it in turns to stay in contact with her. Show lots of support and love, and show her her options. Education is Power.

She needs an escape plan and must be warned never to tell him if she does decide to leave. It must be done in secret, with someone's help. She needs lots of support.
If he is told she is going to leave, This can lead to Narcisstic Rage. Very very dangerous. :tantrum:

If things are looking worse for your friend, Anonymously Tell him in writing that you and others have been watching him, and the police have been notified of your concerns about his conduct.
Whilst his behaviour remains a secret he is very dangerous.
I wish your friend all the best and try to show her what is happening here.
What happened to Allison. :seeya:

I am still having a problem with the phone. Why did the phone have to disappear. The find my friend ap was obviously turned of. The calls to and from the phone would have been on that server?? Am I right about that?? IF she took the phone when she went for a walk it would be useless if it was not on or charged. If she put Gerards phone on the charger the night before why wouldn't she have put hers on the charger also because she was going to a conference. She had her children having sleep overs and she had dresses to drop off. All reasons to want your phone charged and ready to go. Her phone should have had a good day or so of charge if it wasn't being used. (I don't understand the stuff about the phone being triangulated.) How does that work?

I am still having a problem with the phone. Why did the phone have to disappear. The find my friend ap was obviously turned of. The calls to and from the phone would have been on that server?? Am I right about that?? IF she took the phone when she went for a walk it would be useless if it was not on or charged. If she put Gerards phone on the charger the night before why wouldn't she have put hers on the charger also because she was going to a conference. She had her children having sleep overs and she had dresses to drop off. All reasons to want your phone charged and ready to go. Her phone should have had a good day or so of charge if it wasn't being used. (I don't understand the stuff about the phone being triangulated.) How does that work?

I just had a think about the phone what if it had evidence on it say Allison managed to record something(her being attacked or such like). The easiest way to get rid of the evidence would be for the phone to go missing. Forensic people could possibly retrieve evidence from it etc?

Oh yes, very Enid Blytonish. Right up there with scoundrels and rotters. I keep thinking of Dick Dastardly from the Wacky Races cartoon that I used to watch as a kid too.

Haha snap, me too when I heard dastardly.

Perhaps Allison was in bed and her phone on the charger when GBC allegedly smothered her. She reached for the phone and somehow it became damaged, maybe causing the chip on her tooth. A damaged phone would need to be disposed of. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni