GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the bolded. That was reported to us by one of our other Verified Insiders who had been told NBC was sighted at the bus stop.

I wonder if the reason why the roundabout, NBC at the roundabout or the two cars being sighted at Anstead were not mentioned at GBC's trial is that there is another arrest to come where this will become relevant. GBC's strong reaction to Fuller's suggestion that he left the children at home alone that night (compared to his milder reaction to the suggestions her murdered his wife) could indicate that he did NOT leave the children at home alone, and that he was only lying about the murder. Someone may have watched the children and helped in other ways that night, and I would not be surprised if that person was arrested and charged after the trial. MOO.

Fuller made reference to the pj's both days of his cross examination of GBC which is why I think they fit in someway, given it is circumstantial case.

This interview was the afternoon of Alison's disappearance. It seems to confirm Alison went for walks and took her phone with her

As i said they could have been influenced in the morning by their Father - if he committed the murder he would have been in the mode to ensure the girls had certain impressions reinforced. One example of that was that he made a point of walking into one of the girls rooms wtih shaving foam on, to reinforce the idea of him shaving and then telling the girls he cut himself shaving. Yet the marks on his face are consistent with deep scratches, and some other smaller marks with shaving cuts which he probably did to try to make it look like they were all shaving cuts.

I wouldnt under-estimate the attempts this guy went to to try to create plausible stories and explanations for things that were going to cause problems for him and be incriminating. and that includes influencing the girls.

It absolutely disgusts me. and of course I will not forget that he was a serial cheater - necessitating hundreds if not thousands of lies over a period of years. So I have no doubt in my mind that he would have influenced the girls.

This interview was the afternoon of Alison's disappearance. It seems to confirm Alison went for walks and took her phone with her

The girl said her dad told the children their mother went out walking and had not returned.

"I woke up and my dad came in and he didn't know where mummy was but he thought she went for a walk," she said

The girl told police she woke up about 6.30am and her dad told said her mum had gone for a walk and became worried when she was not home by 7am.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-wipes-away-tears-murder-trial/2286717/

"Dad told us" each of the girls have said!

The thing is did they actually see her leave the house or where they asleep when she went and GBC told them that. They could also be referring to the treadmill.

Why would they say that Alison took her mobile phone when she went for a walk if she was only walking on the treadmill at home.

I wonder if the reason why the roundabout, NBC at the roundabout or the two cars being sighted at Anstead were not mentioned at GBC's trial is that there is another arrest to come where this will become relevant. GBC's strong reaction to Fuller's suggestion that he left the children at home alone that night (compared to his milder reaction to the suggestions her murdered his wife) could indicate that he did NOT leave the children at home alone, and that he was only lying about the murder. Someone may have watched the children and helped in other ways that night, and I would not be surprised if that person was arrested and charged after the trial. MOO.

Brilliant observation - especially about him leaving the girls. I'm sure that is consistent with what he would do. And Nige is up to his ears in the subterfuge. Protecting the proud 'Baden-Clay' name.

OK then, why wasn't this "verified insider" a witness for the prosecution.

Our Verified Insider didn't witness it...he was told by someone else that NBC had been sighted at the bus stop.

Perhaps police weren't able to make a connection between that sighting and Allison's murder.

Day 14

He further agreed the Captiva had been parked nose-in to the car port.

He said the car was not reversed into the car port when he got up that day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226974352079

NBC said it was reversed in when he got there

Mr Baden-Clay said both the cars were in the driveway when he arrived at his son’s home, the Captiva in the carport with the bonnet facing out towards the road

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226951597398

Well they both can't be right unless GBC backed the captiva into the garage after waking up but before NBC arrived.

The girl said her dad told the children their mother went out walking and had not returned.

"I woke up and my dad came in and he didn't know where mummy was but he thought she went for a walk," she said

The girl told police she woke up about 6.30am and her dad told said her mum had gone for a walk and became worried when she was not home by 7am.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clay-wipes-away-tears-murder-trial/2286717/

Yep.."Dad told us"....I'm afraid there's not too much at all I'd believe when it's come from him.

Our Verified Insider didn't witness it...he was told by someone else that NBC had been sighted at the bus stop.

Perhaps police weren't able to make a connection between that sighting and Allison's murder.

Yes the gist of it was that NBC had been sighted at the bus stop in a "distressed" state and refused help that was offered.

However Alison's own daughters when interviewed on the afternoon that GBC reported her missing stated she went for walks in the morning

You have to wonder if those poor little girls were simply repeating what they were told to say. I do hope the Detectives re-interviewed the girls after they were settled and feeling more secure at the Dickies.

I believe in their summing up the defence will hone in on the no cause of death. The onus is on the prosecution to prove murder not for the defence to disprove it. An one of the key issues is to actually prove that a murder occurred in the first place.

I can't understand why the Prosecution did not ask the police who searched the house once it became a crime scene whether or not pyjamas were found anywhere in the house. If they were not in the bedroom they could have been in the bathroom etc. The prosecution have not proved they were missing and evidence is complete.

Interesting before he gave his name to police and they could tell him what they did at Indooroopilly Station he had mentioned his shaving cuts? No wonder they where suspicious

CD1/BW 2 BADEN-CLAY G
[PORTION OF AUDIO RECORDING INDISTINCT]
SGT JACKSON: Goodday mate. How you going?
SSGT CURTIS: [INDISTINCT]
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT]
SGT JACKSON: Mate--
SGT JACKSON: My name’s Sergeant Jackson. And this
is Senior
Sergeant Narelle Curtis.
SGT JACKSON: I’m the--
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT] you Narelle.
SGT JACKSON: I’m the Indooroopilly--
BADEN-CLAY: Cut myself shaving.
SGT JACKSON: Shift Supervisor. And Narelle’s the u
m District
Duty Officer.
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT]--
SSGT CURTIS: Yeah--
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT].
SSGT CURTIS: I do, I do.
SGT JACKSON: Um could you just state your full name
e for me?
BADEN-CLAY: Gerard Robert Baden-Clay.

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/...l%2020%202012%200818am.pdf?rand=1403066229217

And if they did why were these tapes not played in court if they differed from the original

"Dad" told a lot of things....

June 23, 2012

To some, officers say, he said Allison liked to take a walk early in the morning. To his sister, Olivia Walton, he allegedly described a particular route. He told a close friend of Allison's that she would walk at 10pm each night and he described to Allison's parents two different walking routes.

But when police asked, they said he told them he had no idea where she would have gone walking.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...d-in-court-claim/story-e6frfkvr-1226406037780

Interesting before he gave his name to police and they could tell him what they did at Indooroopilly Station he had mentioned his shaving cuts? No wonder they where suspicious

CD1/BW 2 BADEN-CLAY G
[PORTION OF AUDIO RECORDING INDISTINCT]
SGT JACKSON: Goodday mate. How you going?
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT]
SGT JACKSON: Mate--
SGT JACKSON: My name’s Sergeant Jackson. And this
is Senior
Sergeant Narelle Curtis.
SGT JACKSON: I’m the--
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT] you Narelle.
BADEN-CLAY: Cut myself shaving.
SGT JACKSON: Shift Supervisor. And Narelle’s the u
m District
Duty Officer.
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT]--
SSGT CURTIS: Yeah--
BADEN-CLAY: [INDISTINCT].
SSGT CURTIS: I do, I do.
SGT JACKSON: Um could you just state your full name
e for me?
BADEN-CLAY: Gerard Robert Baden-Clay.

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/...l%2020%202012%200818am.pdf?rand=1403066229217

just like when the police were talking about ringing Allison :facepalm:

CON SIMMONS: So the, the phone’s ringing?

BADEN-CLAY: The phone is ringing.

CON SIMMONS: Okay.

BADEN-CLAY: Yeah.

CON SIMMONS: Okay. [INDISTINCT].

BADEN-CLAY: Um I should clarify, yeah, I cut myself shaving
this morning and everybody has said that looks suspicious.

CON SIMMONS: Mmm it does [INDISTINCT].

BADEN-CLAY: And--

UNIDENTIFIED MALE OFFICER: [INDISTINCT]

BADEN-CLAY: That’s part of the reason I think that you’re
here [INDISTINCT].

CON SIMMONS: Oh look, we investigate [INDISTINCT].

BADEN-CLAY: Well I’m pleased.

I don't think the girls would have had time to be coached on the afternoon of Alison's disappearance. They went straight to school with Aunty Olivia. From my understanding the night "debriefing" sessions occurred later

I'm sure the story relayed was the girls were left with NBC whilst GBC 'searched for Allison' plenty of time for tutoring both then and whilst Gerry was being attacked by the razor and having his daughter apply the band aid.

I can't understand why the Prosecution did not ask the police who searched the house once it became a crime scene whether or not pyjamas were found anywhere in the house. If they were not in the bedroom they could have been in the bathroom etc. The prosecution have not proved they were missing and evidence is complete.
I can remember GBC, when talking about last seeing Allison wearing her pyjamas and his socks ....... that he went on to say that they could have been in the dirty clothes basket. I figured that he knew that his socks would have been in the basket, because he had possibly worn and put them there himself. Don't know if in mentioning the pyjamas at the late stage in his Trial, that he knew they wouldn't be able to go and source evidence in this regard to be now included with regard to the pyjamas not being found in the basket. Only his word on what he states Allison was wearing when he last saw her watching the Footy Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158