Search of MR's house Aug. 14, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
After months i have decided to pop my head back in, it is a shame to see the case has still not had a break though and a killer is walking free. I still think LE has botched this case and it is looking less like there will be a arrest as more time passes.

From what I gathered online deer and elk hunting was 11-7-2012 through 11-30-2012. Who would even blink if they heard a rifle shot during this time? If it was at night and people may contribute it to poachers, which I am sure there are many. MR could have taken Dylan up the mountain because he knew there were no homes up there(according to him) and shot him without leaving a trace in the house. This maybe far fetched to some but it just came to me when I was listening to the fireworks the other day.

Hoping the remains indicated a COD and the LE was just so tight lipped about it, we never were told?
Thanks for your post, packerdog. I was thinking something similar. We live rurally and on Friday night , fireworks were going off in every direction for 3 or 4 hours. I said to DH , if fireworks had no sight and only sound, it would sound like we are in a war zone !

I believe this particular case was also about having to write that first child support check.:moo:

ITA
MR was mad as a hornet about ER moving away and filing for CS. The motive of revenge gives the impression of premeditation which I believe it was. This child's death was not an accident. IMHO, Dylan met with evil that surpasses our understanding.

ITA
MR was mad as a hornet about ER moving away and filing for CS. The motive of revenge gives the impression of premeditation which I believe it was. This child's death was not an accident. IMHO, Dylan met with evil that surpasses our understanding.

Absolutely agree and I think EH life may very well be in danger!

Imo look what happened in Oregon this past week...a mom apparently murdered her baby and tried to kill teen, over possibility of having to share custody. Maybe she planned to kill her ex next, who knows? Custody issues often turn the end of marriages into bizarre and violent blood-spilling events, Imo.

It has been almost a year since MR's house was searched. How are we to interpret LE failure to move?

It has been almost a year since MR's house was searched. How are we to interpret LE failure to move?

I would have to say that the house searches have failed to provided evidence that would lead to an arrest. JMO.

Apparently. Or the DA thinks it is not enough to prosecute or both.

Perhaps they are waiting for the killer to crack. Or finish cracking, if that is the case. ;) Or perhaps they are still waiting on results from some tests. On one of these forums or another, I posted an article about how more cases come into the labs than leave the labs every year because the tests come in and they try to do them in order unless there is some urgent reason to push one to the front. When they push one to the front, all the others fall back. So some tests are not finished within a years time. I'm not counting them out quite yet. JMO.

Perhaps they are waiting for the killer to crack. Or finish cracking, if that is the case. ;) Or perhaps they are still waiting on results from some tests. On one of these forums or another, I posted an article about how more cases come into the labs than leave the labs every year because the tests come in and they try to do them in order unless there is some urgent reason to push one to the front. When they push one to the front, all the others fall back. So some tests are not finished within a years time. I'm not counting them out quite yet. JMO.

I did expect the murderer to be in jail already. It is my opinion there was an accomplice, or an individual very much in the know after the fact. That is who I believe will bring this case to closure. And to them I say, "how do you sleep at night?"

I do understand that crime labs have a big backlog and it can take some time to get results back. However, this is a very high profile case and I doubt that the forensic evidence testing has been put into the slow lane. In fact I would assume that the opposite has occurred.

I really do believe that LE has come up empty in finding forensic evidence that will lead to an arrest in this case. At the same time I hope that I'm wrong and an arrest is forthcoming.

There's always the possibility that LE is working leads that are not based on crime lab testing. And those leads may lead to more search warrants and further investigation. And maybe an arrest.

JMO.

I actually think we have been told who the accomplice was in a typical, round about fashion of leaked information. Just wish the police would go back and listen to every single word that has been said in every interview. I think the story is laid out, between the lines.

I do understand that crime labs have a big backlog and it can take some time to get results back. However, this is a very high profile case and I doubt that the forensic evidence testing has been put into the slow lane. In fact I would assume that the opposite has occurred.

I really do believe that LE has come up empty in finding forensic evidence that will lead to an arrest in this case. At the same time I hope that I'm wrong and an arrest is forthcoming.

There's always the possibility that LE is working leads that are not based on crime lab testing. And those leads may lead to more search warrants and further investigation. And maybe an arrest.

JMO.
I see your point, but I do think it might be the opposite. If LE suspects someone of the crime, and that person is of no danger to anyone else, some of the tests would not be put to the front of the line. I think of urgent being like when Jessica Ridgeway was found and they knew they had a dangerous killer on the loose. All the DNA samples they took in that case went to the front of the line, IMO, and rightly so. (Even though they messed up with Austin Sigg's sample and inadvertently cleared him). I believe the DNA samples LE took on Dylan's case at the beginning went to the head of the line, but IF everything only points in one direction, and that direction points to someone who has no reason to kill anyone else now that Dylan is gone, it's not going to be as urgent and can wait it's turn. Do I think that what they have found may not be enough to charge alone? Sure. After all, Dylan and Mark's DNA were supposed to be in that house, and anything from blood to urine could be explained away because of that. Do I think LE is looking for something else before they take the plunge? Yes to that, too. But I don't think they came up empty. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell