The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 7th July - Trial Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 42s
Byrne says Dr Beaven had experience with shave biopsies and said they looked similar. #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 1m

A GP who examined Gerard after Allison went missing thought the injury may well have been a shaving cut #badenclay

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 58s

A second GP examined marks on Gerard's chest, which Gerard says came from scratching after an insect bite #badenclay

Hang on hang on. That's what it was like when she was found not when she was initially put there. It rained in between.

And is *that* possible? Yes much more possible than her walking all those km and somehow killing herself as if you want to say the evidence doesn't support murder than even more so the evidence doesn't support suicide!

As I said earlier, after Allison went missing ... Rain + dirt = mud.

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Defence says GP Candice Beaven saw #badenclay in person. Injuries looked like 'shave biopsy', where skin is removed by razor for testing.

Marissa Calligeros ‏@marissa_sc 57s
Defence says #badenclay has never changed his story and remained "open and candid" about "shaving cuts" on face.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m
Byrne is talking about the evidence of Dr Renu Kumar, a GP who Gerard also went to see. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s
Byrne says Dr Kumar was not 100 per cent sure what caused the injuries. Gerard told her it was a "rushed job". #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s
Byrne says jury should use common sense as much as science when assessing the evidence. #badenclay

GOOD - because it will help them convict him

I didn't think shave biopsies were done with safety razors. Where's Doc when we need him?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
Dr Renu Kumar saw injuries on the same date, wasn't sure if they could have been from a razor - defence #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 58s
Byrne to jury: use your common sense when thinking about the "shaving scrapes" on Gerard's right cheek. #badenclay

Can anyone take over from me for a bit? I have something I need to do

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s
Byrne is now talking about Dr Robert Hoskins, who said it is impossible to say the marks were caused by fingernails. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 54s
He's always been "open and candid" about the fact they're shaving scrapes, even to police, defence says. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Byrne says #badenclay made no attempt to conceal marks on his face "or to give any explanation other than they were shaving scrapes."

Gerard told the police they were shaving cuts, doesn't change story - defence #badenclay
Gerard was not concerned about those marks - defence #badenclay

OMG the sky is purple today! I'm being open and candid. Why don't you believe me!!!

Yep and there goes a pink flying pig.

Dr Robert Hoskins said it was impossible to say the marks were caused by fingernails - defence #badenclay
Prosecutor Todd Fuller QC has arms crossed, leaning back in his chair as defence talks about Gerard's face injuries #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s
Byrne points to area where "you might think" the body "probably" was. Tells the jury to watch how much water rose to that level. #badenclay

:floorlaugh: OMG - Yeh good try love

Didn't Byrne say earlier something along the lines of " words like probably, might etc" were not good enough for a conviction??

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 57s

Can the jury therefore draw the conclusion from those scratches that Gerard killed Allison? #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 25s
Byrne says they went to the house after, mud was tracked onto the carpet. #badenclay
Oh FFS they weren't trying to cover up a crime. I'm sure the shoes, pajamas and phone might have made it to the same place.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 60s
Byrne says Dr Hoskins said the marks were consistent with fingernails and that's as far as he would go. #badenclay

Thought he was not going to go through this evidence because the jurors had the transcripts??

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 47s
Defence says another witness testified #badenclay facial marks consistent w f'nail scratches. 'We don't shirk from that'. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s
Dr Hoskins thought they were caused by fingernails, but could not exclude razor - defence #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m
Defence reminds jury of Dr Hoskins, who said it's impossible for him or anyone else to say the scrapes were caused by fingernails #badenclay

Sorry guys I really need to go for a few minutes. If someone can take over my tweeters that would be great. I'll be back soon.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m
Byrne is now talking about evidence from Dr Leslie Griffiths, who agreed any sharp object dragged across skin could cause marks. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s
Byrne says Dr Griffiths also believed they were fingernails scratches but agreed interpretation of photographs is imprecise. #badenclay

Sorry guys I really need to go for a few minutes. If someone can take over my tweeters that would be great. I'll be back soon.

I'm trying to get tweetdeck to open.

anyone know freya's tweeters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members