The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this image a while back for Allison's girls.

May they always feel their mother's light and love. May they always dance to the beat of their own drum and may no man ever be permitted to drag them down.

I've also included one of my favourite songs at the link below. (The advertisement only lasts a few seconds). I sing this to my own daughter and I'm sure any mother can relate to the beautiful words of

I Hope You Dance.​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw

Ballerinas_zpse68177e2.gif

I Hope You Dance

LEE ANN WOMACK

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin',
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin',
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,

(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

Dance....I hope you dance.
I hope you dance....I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leeannwomack/ihopeyoudance.html

Just beautiful Makara, thank you. I wish all this for the girls too x

I wouldn't call it a "very small" amount of blood. It's not a spot or a dab or a droplet; at the very least you'd have to call it a trickle, and Justice Byrne actually called it a rivulet. The police photos show it against a 30cm ruler and you can see it's smeared horizontally at the top for about 7cm, drips down a few cm on the right of that smear, and trickles down about 22cm on the left. It's quite a substantial amount.

View attachment 54505

If I somehow managed to bleed that much in the back of my car - in which I typically sit in the driver's seat anyway - I'd have that mess cleaned up as soon as I'd stopped the bleeding. It's just such a stretch to imagine Allison (not "Alison") leaving a trickle of blood there when all it needed was a quick swipe with a damp sponge to remove it. I mean - of all the hundreds of places in which you've bled, were there any times you didn't clean it up? When you just left it there, on your own property or anyone else's?

I zoomed in and saw another smaller hair on the edge of the shadow of the seat directly to the right of the label HC1. Also another vertical line and yellowish colouring as if more blood was wiped off. I've zoomed in before on the iPad but never noticed the smaller hair or the markings before.

With regards to Mrs BC falling asleep in court, I really feel that she is on some type of medication. The day I was in court and sat behind her and watched her walk in and out and back in again I thought that her eyes were puffy and her smile was a forced smile. She seemed to be 'fake it till you make it' happy.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was on some sort of sedative or antidepressant herself.

If you compare photos of her at Allisons funeral and those taken outside the court she ( in my opinion ) has most certainly put on weight in her face. Some medications can do that

Just jumping in, not that it is important, but most antidepressants can be associated witht weight gain or loss, at different rates. As an example I have lost over 20 pounds in the last few months since going off venlafaxine after being on it for probably 10 years. I have changed some habits too but not that drastically so I am comfortable saying that discontinuing the drug was a big part of it. Also benzodiazepines tend to increase the reward value of palatable good (makes food that already tastes good taste better) / they are commonly prescribed prn anxiolytics.

Oh Brissie Lass, I am so sorry to learn of your obvious depression, wearing black and all. Should I call 000?

Might be too late for that Ladybird ..... Today I'm wearing all black, I must be beyond depressed! :scared::scared:

I wouldn't call it a "very small" amount of blood. It's not a spot or a dab or a droplet; at the very least you'd have to call it a trickle, and Justice Byrne actually called it a rivulet. The police photos show it against a 30cm ruler and you can see it's smeared horizontally at the top for about 7cm, drips down a few cm on the right of that smear, and trickles down about 22cm on the left. It's quite a substantial amount.

I could see how that blood could be there. If the perpatrator had lined the back of the car with plastic (eg a garbage bag or 2 or 3) and laid the victim on that . The Victim having been smothered may have slight bleeding from the mouth or nose or both. The blood mixed with liquids trickles down the garbage bag and down the side of the car.

I have a question. The jury have to find him unanimously guilty to be found guilty. Do they have to find him unanimously not guilty to be not guilty? How does the ratio work if not all say guilty?

I noticed the judge said in his summing up that it has to be unanimous. This article states that when majority verdicts were introduced into QLD in 2008, "Trials for the most serious criminal offences - those which carry a mandatory life sentence - will retain unanimous verdicts."

I think it's interesting that in the Keli Lane trial the jury were giving the option of reaching a majority verdict (11-1) after being unable to reach a unanimous decision after 1 week of deliberations (and that was for a murder charge, but in NSW). EDIT: cattail, sorry you're correct - different rules in different states. NSW and NT appear to be the only states/territories to allow majority verdicts in murder trials.

I noticed the judge said in his summing up that it has to be unanimous (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/24409405/baden-clay-jurors-need-unanimous-verdict/)

But I was wondering about that as I remember the jury in the Keli Lane trial were giving the option of reaching a majority verdict (11-1) after being unable to reach a unanimous decision after 1 week of deliberations.

Link: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/keli-lane-jury-given-majority-verdict-option-20101213-18uts.html

I think different states have different rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK raising the phone issue again because it's stuck in my head.

The phone records say the session starts at 631am. This session appears on Allison's bill. If this session was simply updating etc I believe it wouldn't appear on a bill. If sessions like this appeared on bills then the phone companies would be inundated with people calling saying 'but I didn't search the internet at that time.' So in my opinion, for it to appear on a bill, would make it a billable session initiated by the user.

The distance between Fig Tree Pocket and Brookfield is approximately 9kms. That seems too far for the phone to register with that area.

I could see how that blood could be there. If the perpatrator had lined the back of the car with plastic (eg a garbage bag or 2 or 3) and laid the victim on that . The Victim having been smothered may have slight bleeding from the mouth or nose or both. The blood mixed with liquids trickles down the garbage bag and down the side of the car.

The the smudge at the top is from the bag rubbing against it as he went to fold it inwards ready
to dispose of it.

I don't think there was anything irrational about Gerard's relentless lying.. it had purpose, it achieved the effect required, it was carefully done, it wasn't impulsive lying.. or compulsive.. every lie was firmly attached to a particular outcome.. repeating the lie was necessary to maintain the façade, and all had the same pattern, and at the base of it, the same intended outcome. To appear better than he was , in all and ever circumstance.. whether it was money, women, business, probably Rotary, Scouts, what he had for breakfast.. all had the same intent.

Good morning Trooper, I wish the jury could read these words re his lies. And his repeating those lies ........
Good morning all.
Auspicious day today.

The phone records say the session starts at 631am. This session appears on Allison's bill. If this session was simply updating etc I believe it wouldn't appear on a bill. If sessions like this appeared on bills then the phone companies would be inundated with people calling saying 'but I didn't search the internet at that time.' So in my opinion, for it to appear on a bill, would make it a billable session initiated by the user.

The distance between Fig Tree Pocket and Brookfield is approximately 9kms. That seems too far for the phone to register with that area.

It's more like 6km between those two suburbs depending which way you drive. Actually just checked maps and it is only 3.6kms between the boundaries of each suburb.

Funny from the NBC house to Fig Tree pocket is less than 3.5kms mmmm

Morning all. Let's hope the jury makes a quick decision. My bet is we will have a verdict sometime Tuesday morning. I think it will be manslaughter. Anyone else?

Sorry, double, webslomnia isotiredthankgoodnessjurysoutnow(DearMrFullerwouldbethemostreluctantofheartthrobs) *advertiser censored*

I definitely suffer from webslomnia late at night. Love it HH.

The the smudge at the top is from the bag rubbing against it as he went to fold it inwards ready
to dispose of it.

I did a little water pouring test on my captiva a week ago with my 3 rd row of seats down. The smudge is where the side of the seat lying flat rubs up against the wheel arch when the seat is lifted. Whilst the water ran in a rivulet ( good word judge) there was also water on the edge of the seat so there would have been blood there too I am certain. The side of the seat when down is a snug fit against the wheel arch.

And Amee is already on the job with an early tweet. Thankyou.

If there is a guilty verdict how long could it take before we here his sentence, will it be straight away or could it take a week or so.

:praying: :group hug: Amee & Ali, and Freya, etc.. you guys are awesome Thanks in advance!

Hi LouH - I recall that DrWatson was very helpful in past threads, discussing how phones hook up to particular towers (and if one tower is full your phone will hook into the nearest one etc) and his theories regarding the phones. He also explained the triangulation aspect very well too, along with the actual location of the relevant towers in the local area. Perhaps if you do a search on his name you might be able to find his relevant posts?

Re: The Blood marking..
sorry I dont have a picture to post - there is one above in Fluffykins post.

That longer line of blood is so incredibly straight - parallel to the ruler.
Yet the shorter one in angled.

I think the short line of blood has fallen when the car has been reversing - the direction of the blood drip drawn to the front of the vehicle.
I think that when the car then moved forward a very short distance and stopped and went stationary, the source of the bleeding (the body) moved forward slightly causing a smear - allowing more blood to be released - continued to flow from the source and dripped down in a straight line.
Just a theory I had on that.

Now...
:eek:fftobed:

Very good thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics