The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a guilty verdict how long could it take before we here his sentence, will it be straight away or could it take a week or so.

I don't know, but I will be VERY interested to hear the sentencing submissions from the defence.

OK raising the phone issue again because it's stuck in my head.

The phone records say the session starts at 631am. This session appears on Allison's bill. If this session was simply updating etc I believe it wouldn't appear on a bill. If sessions like this appeared on bills then the phone companies would be inundated with people calling saying 'but I didn't search the internet at that time.' So in my opinion, for it to appear on a bill, would make it a billable session initiated by the user.

The distance between Fig Tree Pocket and Brookfield is approximately 9kms. That seems too far for the phone to register with that area.

That's an excellent point - one that the forensic phone people should have done more to clarify.

Morning all. Let's hope the jury makes a quick decision. My bet is we will have a verdict sometime Tuesday morning. I think it will be manslaughter. Anyone else?

I am thinking Monday sometime , and the sooner imo the better chance of murder , BTW is this trial about the charge of interfering with a corpse or does that come later

THE jury tasked with deciding the guilt or innocence of Gerard Baden-Clay has been warned lies did not make him guilty of killing his wife.

Justice John Byrne, while delivering more than 1000 summary points, told them they could only use Mr Baden-Clay's lies against him if they believed he was lying to cover up his involvement in his wife Allison's death.

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/gerard-baden-murder-trial-jury-begins-deliberation/2314537/

Telling lies, by itself, does not make one a killer - but the jury has to ask themselves: if he was innocent, is there a reasonable explanation for why he may have told this particular lie or lies?

What a pity that this particular book title is already taken.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies_and_the_Lying_Liars_Who_Tell_Them

Unless they were leaves exclusively from Kholo creek they would not have been of any evidentiary value.

Exactly and TF mentioned that the vegetation was predominantly grassy near her body so unlikely to see leaf transfer back into the Captiva.

OK raising the phone issue again because it's stuck in my head.

The phone records say the session starts at 631am. This session appears on Allison's bill. If this session was simply updating etc I believe it wouldn't appear on a bill. If sessions like this appeared on bills then the phone companies would be inundated with people calling saying 'but I didn't search the internet at that time.' So in my opinion, for it to appear on a bill, would make it a billable session initiated by the user.

The distance between Fig Tree Pocket and Brookfield is approximately 9kms. That seems too far for the phone to register with that area.

Have a look at Allison's phone bill in the bail hearing thread and see all the very long Internet connections on there and the kb values of the data. They are all $0 charge.

Morning all. Let's hope the jury makes a quick decision. My bet is we will have a verdict sometime Tuesday morning. I think it will be manslaughter. Anyone else?

If this is the case AAAA yourself or anyone else know what this would mean? What would the sentence be?

I would also like to everyone for there participation over the last 2 years especially the knowledge & you know who you are! I have learnt so much from you plus thank you to the people who attend court & did the tweets!

I have fingers, toes & everything else crossed for the result that will bring the justice we all seek.

RIP Allison love & Hugs to the Dickies & Allison's 3 girls *advertiser censored*

If this is the case AAAA yourself or anyone else know what this would mean? What would the sentence be?

I would also like to everyone for there participation over the last 2 years especially the knowledge & you know who you are! I have learnt so much from you plus thank you to the people who attend court & did the tweets!

I have fingers, toes & everything else crossed for the result that will bring the justice we all seek.

RIP Allison love & Hugs to the Dickies & Allison's 3 girls *advertiser censored*

I am thinking Monday sometime , and the sooner imo the better chance of murder , BTW is this trial about the charge of interfering with a corpse or does that come later

Trial has dealt with both charges Squizz so the jury have to decide on both the murder and interference with a corpse charge.

Trial has dealt with both charges Squizz so the jury have to decide on both the murder and interference with a corpse charge.

thanks Ali you are the greatest oh maybe except for TF:loveyou:

Have a look at Allison's phone bill in the bail hearing thread and see all the very long Internet connections on there and the kb values of the data. They are all $0 charge.

Alioop, to your recollection did they mention what triggered the cut-off and recommencement of these data sessions? Was it triggered by the phone being turned off, and subsequently back on? It just seems too coincidental that a data session commenced at 6.31am on the morning she went missing, and GBC's calls/texts to her phone commenced simultaneously.

I have been waiting for this to be covered throughout the trial, but to no avail. Was it deemed insignificant?

And Amee is already on the job with an early tweet. Thankyou.

Good Morning!
Yep up early well most of the night really. I had Allison, her family and the girls on my mind, as well as the dear little 3yr old here who was murdered by his dad :(

I did a little water pouring test on my captiva a week ago with my 3 rd row of seats down. The smudge is where the side of the seat lying flat rubs up against the wheel arch when the seat is lifted. Whilst the water ran in a rivulet ( good word judge) there was also water on the edge of the seat so there would have been blood there too I am certain. The side of the seat when down is a snug fit against the wheel arch.

Great work ali. Although water is thinner than blood so it should run faster, how much did you use to get a similar effect, maybe a tablespoon? That's quite a significant amount depending on the size of the wound. The police didn't see the rivulet for some time so depending on the heat inside the car how long it would take to dry. Doc Watson would have the answers. :)
I'm embarrassed to admit I have a Prado but I've never sex in it! Um, yet :blushing:

Alioop, to your recollection did they mention what triggered the cut-off and recommencement of these data sessions? Was it triggered by the phone being turned off, and subsequently back on? It just seems too coincidental that a data session commenced at 6.31am on the morning she went missing, and GBC's calls to her phone commenced simultaneously.

I have been waiting for this to be covered throughout the trial, but to no avail. Was it deemed insignificant?

Well isn't it odd that it was connected to the Fig Tree Pocket tower when the BC seniors house is very near there. Wonder if someone else had the phone? My guess EBC didn't go to the house that morning and would have had time to dispose of it and possibly other evidence like pajamas.

so my learned friend Ali , it could be manslaughter and interference ?, hypothetically then what would he get for both of them and would they be concurrent or cumulative , sorry to be a pain

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 43s

A juror's chair has broken during Justice Byrne's summing up. #badenclay

Wow Some amazing stuff yesterday within the Court house. A juror's chair has broken during Justice Byrne's summing up.
Some mighty powerful forces around....
Allison?
I wonder what was being said immediately prior to the chair breaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77