LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

When you family member goes missing and you have help and are told wait till monday.....You have search teams with dogs from Florida that want to help and are told NO..and your dogs don't show up till Tuesday...When you are told tell your people to STOP CALLING.....when you call with no call back,we went days without a return email....sometimes return emails didn't come for a week...WOULD YOU SIT BACK AND WAIT....We did what we had to do....The guy in New Orleans...in the city NOPD has one lady who works with the homeless and you have to have ID to get in the Shelters and she is the person who hands these ID'S OUT...I know she has Shane's info....Do i think this could be Shane....Crazier things have happened...

When you family member goes missing and you have help and are told wait till monday.....You have search teams with dogs from Florida that want to help and are told NO..and your dogs don't show up till Tuesday...When you are told tell your people to STOP CALLING.....when you call with no call back,we went days without a return email....sometimes return emails didn't come for a week...WOULD YOU SIT BACK AND WAIT....We did what we had to do....The guy in New Orleans...in the city NOPD has one lady who works with the homeless and you have to have ID to get in the Shelters and she is the person who hands these ID'S OUT...I know she has Shane's info....Do i think this could be Shane....Crazier things have happened...

with identity theft being rampant someone ''posing'' as Shane could be telling folks false information like "I don't want to be reunited with my family - get them off my back" (I feel frustrated even typing that)

So if fake Shane is contacting the homeless shelter system it could be the roadblock ((Just a crazy theory on my part))MOO

I'm definitely on the same page as you are, Kenny. Hang in there.

I want to post a pic of the look-a-like homeless man, side by side, Shane's regular picture. The McD's the samaritan commented he was pretty sure he saw this homeless person at matches up to the reviews of this location. Read the 2nd review: http://m.yelp.com/biz/mcdonalds-new-orleans-6

I would be going their for coffee and chatting with employees if possible. Let those minimum wage employees know about the reward involved.

@ Satch sorry for the long wait on the reply I hope your 4th weekend holiday was enjoyable...

As far as how did the shoe get in the spot. I think he stepped in a deep in, and it came off. maybe even fell forward. Amnesia doesn't always happen right away and sometimes, its not a complete lost of memory. It can happen over night. Some don't buy that theory, I have read up on it, its a certified medical thing..

I think that is what happened in my opinion, I liked to say its no crime to tell some one to meet away from the wreck, because the car could blow up( public safety). I also like to say to the user who said, some use DUI like a badge of honor. I don't think the Fell Brother who was there looking or family admire those kinds of things. I think they are family 1st in morals value and the whole thing is eating him/them alive. In small differ folks, differ strokes. I understand some don't care about laws like dwi/dui/ speeding etc. But im assuming "The Fells" don't want those kind of negative stigma on their family name.

Bolded by me: I guess you are talking to me?? But, if you are, you have definitely misread what I said. It is by no means a badge of honor or admired, as you say!!! Quite the opposite! No one wants a DWI. Definitely, no one admires it?!?! No one should be drinking and driving. My point was that it is common here, so it is not shocking enough to give negative stigma to a family name! I have proudly never had a DWI. 2 of my 5 brothers (1 who has a PhD and the other who is an attorney) have gotten DWIs. There is nothing to be proud of, but I don't feel the need to hide in shame, either. And we are a family of strong morals and values- my parents have been together for almost 50 years and are as straight laced as anyone can possibly be! I'm not even sure how you think I was trying to say its a badge of honor or that "we people round here dont care and we speed and drink just so we can brag bout it." That's offensive. And we don't have any boa constrictors that swallow anyone whole, that I have ever heard of.

I want to post a pic of the look-a-like homeless man, side by side, Shane's regular picture. The McD's the samaritan commented he was pretty sure he saw this homeless person at matches up to the reviews of this location. Read the 2nd review: http://m.yelp.com/biz/mcdonalds-new-orleans-6

I would be going their for coffee and chatting with employees if possible. Let those minimum wage employees know about the reward involved.

wow -- I wanted to read what you have posted but that link is under maintenance -- nothing to read

Mr. Fell , you have to be fair to LE ,they have to set up a investigation for your son and present the facts to you.. I understand "lets hit the ground an running" but as tasteless as it sound there set of pros(procedure) to follows.. If they are are not allowed to set up in the right fashion, with the right people the case take longer.

I understand every minute counts, But its not good to set up a team of searchers so fast ,when Le has not gotten the right information for the wreck or on your son. It could have been a mafia hit in a way , no one knows, when you get a team of searchers you put them in line of fire.. This why it take time, they have to understand who/what they are dealing with. How to go about it etc etc. It not crime to go missing in Usa. I'm not being rude. there guideline to that which, I think it should be change. The missing laws to reports came for people doing bad thing to others in discrimination way and could say since this person is such and such age it no crime not to found. Grown men/women can do what they want, is the excuse. I think the laws need to be changed for family concerns for an adult.

I'm not saying everything they did was right on the money and is pleasing all. I see a lot of mistakes. That's a small community from what i see and mistake are going to be there. Paitence is gift Mr Fell thats hard to use at the right time. I understand a life is on the line and all will need to activate urgency. I want him to be found, im not from LA No, but i do know the tone the police use. I do know the Police climate there. I also know the daily attitude there is not for everybody taste.

As i follow the the case.. I understand your anger. Now nothing wrong with launching a team now it been 3 years.. You can do this today but i feel your mistake was trying do it day 2, I don't know the dialouge that was said between your family and Le but i assume its not good. Its a hard case to start..

Im just asking nicley here at your mercy if you will, let that angle go of being so hard on them, its not worth it.. LE don't control all avenues in all cases.. It hard to sit back and wait but its something that has to be done , I know as parent, waiting is not a option. I just want to give some word to wise here, one thing on the don't do list in life is, don't p-off local police.. Trust me, its the worst thing you can do in life. As a retired lawyer trust me.

As far as the homeless shelter there nothing stopping your family from a visit to it. I mean this very nice positive way. Go look at it, go search it out. Go search that area. Ask questions but don't give that your looking for somebody to everyone.. Because none knows the bad odds of the case and person's your being friendly with.

In New orleans and LA there are Boa's and they do swallow people whole, from what i understand La has alot of swamp land. Also people bring exotic animals there and let them go in the swamps, one of those being the Boa. A lot differ breeds of them.

As far rest of what you said sorry for mis-understanding, no harm or foul. I think it's how you worded it, a lot words mean 2 or three things which create angle to understand, how it said or being said. Which fall on my mis reading in terms the words are used( sentence structure term use). Thing are much clearer in person, i will say that much. Again no harm or foul.

In New orleans and LA there are Boa's and they do swallow people whole, from what i understand La has alot of swamp land. Also people bring exotic animals there and let them go in the swamps, one of those being the Boa. A lot differ breeds of them.

As far rest of what you said sorry for mis-understanding, no harm or foul. I think it's how you worded it, a lot words mean 2 or three things which create angle to understand, how it said or being said. Which fall on my mis reading in terms the words are used( sentence structure term use). Thing are much clearer in person, i will say that much. Again no harm or foul.

I think you are mistaken. I would like you to provide just one instance where a boa swallowed a man whole in LA. It DOES NOT happen! I have lived in Louisiana my entire life and have never heard of such a thing.

Kenny, your family knows Shane better than anyone. I would NEVER wait if my son went missing. No way. No how. Not if I had a gut feeling that something was off. Something was obviously off, since it has been 3 years since he has been seen. Keep up the good fight. You can't change anything that has happened, but you can keep on fighting until there is resolve! I feel like the new avenues you are exploring might lead to new clues or a renewed energy to search (or a hotter fire under law enforcement butts!). Hang in there! If I can help with anything, let me know.

oldwindow - just to let you know KennyFell is Shane's uncle. And I agreement with you that KennyFell should check out the homeless shelters; there can't be that many, right?

I wish you luck in your search for Shane! I've been following along since this case was "featured" on WS.

Mr. Fell , you have to be fair to LE ,they have to set up a investigation for your son and present the facts to you.. I understand "lets hit the ground an running" but as tasteless as it sound there set of pros(procedure) to follows.. If they are are not allowed to set up in the right fashion, with the right people the case take longer.

I understand every minute counts, But its not good to set up a team of searchers so fast ,when Le has not gotten the right information for the wreck or on your son. It could have been a mafia hit in a way , no one knows, when you get a team of searchers you put them in line of fire.. This why it take time, they have to understand who/what they are dealing with. How to go about it etc etc. It not crime to go missing in Usa. I'm not being rude. there guideline to that which, I think it should be change. The missing laws to reports came for people doing bad thing to others in discrimination way and could say since this person is such and such age it no crime not to found. Grown men/women can do what they want, is the excuse. I think the laws need to be changed for family concerns for an adult.

I'm not saying everything they did was right on the money and is pleasing all. I see a lot of mistakes. That's a small community from what i see and mistake are going to be there. Paitence is gift Mr Fell thats hard to use at the right time. I understand a life is on the line and all will need to activate urgency. I want him to be found, im not from LA No, but i do know the tone the police use. I do know the Police climate there. I also know the daily attitude there is not for everybody taste.

As i follow the the case.. I understand your anger. Now nothing wrong with launching a team now it been 3 years.. You can do this today but i feel your mistake was trying do it day 2, I don't know the dialouge that was said between your family and Le but i assume its not good. Its a hard case to start..

Im just asking nicley here at your mercy if you will, let that angle go of being so hard on them, its not worth it.. LE don't control all avenues in all cases.. It hard to sit back and wait but its something that has to be done , I know as parent, waiting is not a option. I just want to give some word to wise here, one thing on the don't do list in life is, don't p-off local police.. Trust me, its the worst thing you can do in life. As a retired lawyer trust me.

As far as the homeless shelter there nothing stopping your family from a visit to it. I mean this very nice positive way. Go look at it, go search it out. Go search that area. Ask questions but don't give that your looking for somebody to everyone.. Because none knows the bad odds of the case and person's your being friendly with.
<rbbm>

With all due respect, those of us who live in New Orleans and surrounding communities understand why the notion of wrongdoing is plausible. Jefferson Parish has the largest population among the 64 parishes in the state of Louisiana, and ranks fifth in per capita income. In other words, the JPSO is not a small town LE agency by any means. Yet it has a long history of abuse and corruption. Many of us have witnessed it with our own eyes. To a certain extent, I believe reforms have made a difference, but it's a long row to hoe. We ain't dere yet.

I think LA (Le) and Fells family got off on the wrong foot. Case Frustration can do that. I think blaming LE for issues is sign of disrespect with some of them. Police Le don't like to considered unhelpful. I think the Fell where offended when they brought up his dwi/dui record and slapped it on the table. I think the tone was set in the wrong fashion. In the south some folk can be real stern in speaking and presenting the facts. Not everyone use to that kind of sub line tone or abuse if they want to call it that.

It turn to a case of distaste , I don't think it counter productive for either of them to go at each other and or vise versa. This man need to be found, the clocking is always ticking, no man can stop time. I think they should research all avenues and expect the worst but pray for the best. I just feel it only two things that could have happened.

One he lost his memory and is out there in La some where by a given ride dropped off., or 2. He was swallowed / killed by a boa snake or the sorts

From experience, I know that in some instances, LE and families can be at odds, and still work together effectively on behalf of the victim.

There's a much larger concern about alligators and black bears than boas in the swamps, and attacks from either of those are pretty rare. Personally, I'm unaware of boa attacks in Louisiana.

Oldwindow...
With all due respect, as Bessie has mentioned, boas are not part of Louisiana's indigenous fauna. I live 3 hours from NOLA, & grew up there. I've never hear of a boa case. I live down from a bayou & a couleé that flows into a river is behind our property. I've had snapping turtles, cottonmouths, kings snakes in huge numbers, crawfish snakes, the odd copperhead, one disoriented alligator. But no boas. Something with that much meat would have been eaten out of extinction by the local Cajun population by now.

OMG, those creepy ol' snakes. I'm in E. Texas, not Louisiana, but we still we have more than our fair share of venomous snakes. My husband actually was bitten by a copperhead Monday night then just as we realized what had happened, I watched in horror as it slithered underneath the chair in which I was sitting. :freakedout: I literally had to make him go to the ER, as a precaution, as I felt there was no choice ... thank God he's fine, no signs of venom in his system, just localized swelling .
That said, I can't even begin to imagine if we had alligators or Boa's, :scared: If so I can guarantee, come hell or high water, I'd be outta here for sure :hills: You Louisianans' must be very brave people.

Oh, dona, have I told you lately that I love you?

eaten out of extinction by
the local Cajun population

That is a fine country song right there...

OMG, those creepy ol' snakes. I'm in E. Texas, not Louisiana, but we still we have more than our fair share of venomous snakes. My husband actually was bitten by a copperhead Monday night then just as we realized what had happened, I watched in horror as it slithered underneath the chair in which I was sitting. :freakedout: I literally had to make him go to the ER, as a precaution, as I felt there was no choice ... thank God he's fine, no signs of venom in his system, just localized swelling .
That said, I can't even begin to imagine if we had alligators or Boa's, :scared: If so I can guarantee, come hell or high water, I'd be outta here for sure :hills: You Louisianans' must be very brave people.
Don't know about hell, but if you lived anywhere in south Louisiana, you could count on the high water coming sooner or later. ;)

I'm glad to know your husband fared well.

Oh maybe because I am on my nook and the link is for a mobile device. Sorry. One lady comments that this McD's has a lot of homeless people just sitting around no eating...sounds kinda like a hang out for them is the pictue I got (air condition, bathrooms). I mean as long as they aren't causing trouble I don't think McD's can discriminate. It would probably be easy for a homeless person to get someone to buy them breakfast or lunch from $1 menu. A cup of water is free! Also, I read an article recently where someone stayed outside with the homeless in tents under the bridge for 5 weeks and they get fed very well at night from local restaurants.

Oh maybe because I am on my nook and the link is for a mobile device. Sorry. One lady comments that this McD's has a lot of homeless people just sitting around no eating...sounds kinda like a hang out for them is the pictue I got (air condition, bathrooms). I mean as long as they aren't causing trouble I don't think McD's can discriminate. It would probably be easy for a homeless person to get someone to buy them breakfast or lunch from $1 menu. A cup of water is free! Also, I read an article recently where someone stayed outside with the homeless in tents under the bridge for 5 weeks and they get fed very well at night from local restaurants.
I can tell you after talking to MANY HOMELESS PEOPLE....They have what is called a BLUE CARD...it tells them were to eat on what days were get baths and what ever they need....FREE CELL PHONES AND ALL...Some don't go to shelters because they have RULES....And as far as McD's on canal street...is a haven for crime...Gangs hang out there on the weekends and nights...

Wow! Sounds like these homeless people don't have it too bad...I mean they all obviously have a story. I would guess most feel like they were dealt a bad hand in life or have a habit others refuse to put up with. Either way they chose not to deal with their emotions. Which is really sad! Shane, I can tell, comes from a great family! I don't think he would consciously choose to convert to homelessness. Not for one second! However, we know Brett spoke to him and he was alive after his single car accident. I do believe he suffered a head injury. This is pretty much factual after looking at the pics of his vehicle, IMO, of course. Where he is and why he doesn't communicate has got to be because he doesn't remember, but then again...in our society, if someone appeared to be in need of medical attention, I feel someone wouldv'e made sure he go it. I know we have crime here, but people in this city come together like no other when the need is there. The culture is the glue that holds us together.

The cell phone information is key (I pray y'all get it)
and ANY cameras (traffic and otherwise) that you can get your hands on

Also, FWIW, could there be any students at Tulane or Loyola Law School that might be able to take this case on as a project?

I can tell you after talking to MANY HOMELESS PEOPLE....They have what is called a BLUE CARD...it tells them were to eat on what days were get baths and what ever they need....FREE CELL PHONES AND ALL...Some don't go to shelters because they have RULES....And as far as McD's on canal street...is a haven for crime...Gangs hang out there on the weekends and nights...

Great information Kenny,

It's hard for me to see how Shane would want to become homeless. He's much too cool a guy and always put family first. What does frighten me is the amount of crime in the area. Could Shane have become a victim of a gang fight who may have hurt him badly and thrown him into the river? It pains me so much to think of that! I wonder if during those two calls to Brett, if Brett remembers Shane saying there were police on the scene? We know that police and medics were there when Brett arrived, but did any police or medics communicate with Shane before Brett got to the accident scene? Besides the "Young Couple" who else spoke to Shane and what did they say?

I don't think a gang member or gang members would start a fight in front of LE, although stranger things have happened. Maybe the "Young Couple" did see Shane involved in a fight, not necessarily with LE but with a gang of some kind. How sad society has become if anyone were to start a fight with a car accident victim!

The best evidence in this case to find is the following. I may have said this before, but it is so important, and worth repeating:

1.) The cellphone transcript, (unedited) of both conversations between Brett and Shane.
2.) Where was Shane going after leaving the bar? It seemed to be an opposite direction from home.
3.) Other than the "Young Couple" any conversations that Shane had with anybody, waiting for Brett to arrive?
4.) Shane's cellphone with ping responses.
5.) Did Brett just assume that Shane was going to get a DUI because they had just left Rum Runners? Or is there more to the story?
6.) Did a cop smell alcohol on Shane's breath, and Shane refused a Breathalyzer, this irritates the cop, Shane gets mad, uncharacteristic of him, and gets hurt by LE or is killed by LE because they did not follow proper protocol?
7.) Was there gang activity on the road or in the area reported that night? Other accidents or injuries in the vicinity?
8.) Any cameras or video that you can get of that night? If they could capture Shane leaving the vehicle, we could at least see how he left the vehicle and the direction he went.

Satch

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998