The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at that point it was assumed or should have been assumed not to be a serious matter. I think. But then thats the point isnt it- he was making it into a serious matter straight away and being alarmist and the kids did know she was missing...

I'd advise all parents in the early stages of an unfolding family drama to keep their young children out of it for as long as possible. This would include sending them to school where they can just be kids and keep busy surrounded by friends - at least on that first day. Of course GBC made sure his girls were already worried because he had made them part of his cover story - but any normal parent would hopefully keep their worst fears to themselves for those first couple of hours, and not involve their young children until absolutely necessary. Depending on the situation, they could remain unaware of the problems altogether (i.e. if it is all sorted or resolved that day) and not experienced any stress at all. Or in a tragic situation like this one, they could at least have had one less day of anxiety and pain.

I think we live in a world where adults over-share with their children constantly. I've worked with kids who have been exposed to information and events that are just so far beyond their young minds' ability to process and deal with - it's very sad, and totally unnecessary.

Hi everyone - just checking in now as I've been out all morning so will be playing catch up. Just had to drive over the Kholo Bridge and saw Kay Mcgrath from Channel 7 there and also a Channel 9 van - wonder what I've missed....? Maybe just an update - will soon find out. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

Too many possibilities of what this dould mean!

well If she was killed at home and body was at kolo creek SOMEBODY put her there ,thus interfering with a corpse and presumably will be charged BUT who is that someone ??????????

I think we live in a world where adults over-share with their children constantly. I've worked with kids who have been exposed to information and events that are just so far beyond their young minds' ability to process and deal with - it's very sad, and totally unnecessary.
RSBM...

... in this case - the girls were told 'she's in a hole' :(
Very sad.

Wish I could say the same. Note to self: do not attempt to superglue uggboots whilst trying to read WS....it ends up over everything and you spend the next hour picking superglue of your hands, iPad, and ugg boots will not be fixed!

Thanks Total, will remember this next time I'm trying to superglue my uggboots (what the?) :p

well If she was killed at home and body was at kolo creek SOMEBODY put her there ,thus interfering with a corpse and presumably will be charged BUT who is that someone ??????????

Next thing we're all on here talking about the trial of OW and NBC!

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 42s

Judge says defence asked if Allison was dragged through garden foliage, why did leaves stick to her and none found in car? #badenclay

On the topic of "no leaves in the car" - I have struggled with the evidence led that there was "no sign of a cleanup" in the car. How do they know it wasn't vacuumed out? Sure there was no clear sign of blood found on the vacuum brush etc, but what about the leaves, mud etc? Perhaps by "no sign of a cleanup" they meant no bleach, attempt to hide/clean away blood etc.

This very simple page is relevant here. It has probably been posted before, but just in case.
It's a QLD court document showing how the jury should assess murder vs manslaughter.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/__data...b-146-unlawful-killing-manslaughter-s-303.pdf

Personally I think the murder of Allison wasn't premeditated and in reaction to a fight between the two.

This question here is relevant and I believe that is what the judge was eluding to when suggesting that manslaughter is an option.

4. Has the prosecution proved that A was not provoked by B?
a. If “no” to question 4, A is not guilty of murder but guilty of
manslaughter.
b. If “yes” to question 4, go to question 5.

The definition of what "provoked" is could be up for debate.
I am unsure if threatening divorce/separation can be considered "provoked" given the argument would have been about his actions, not hers.

And so we wait.
It must be so nerve-wracking for both the families :(

I might try to get some sleep, have been up since 2am :eek:fftobed:

RSBM...

... in this case - the girls were told 'she's in a hole' :(
Very sad.

It was like GBC couldn't contain himself, he wanted to tell the girls mummy definitely isn't coming home. Who does that?! :mad:

I wonder how much of a coincidence it is that the first activity on both ABC and GBC's phones was within 1 minute of each other on that Friday 20th.

- 6:31am: ABC's phone connects to FTP tower
- 6:32am: GBC texts Allison for the first time

I personally think he remembered the phone that morning. He wouldn't have thought of it with all the activity the night before. Maybe he's gone out "driving the streets" and taken her phone with him. Switched it on, it's connected to FTP tower and then he's sent a text to it. Then the phone gets dumped. I don't know - just thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member