The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe that? I always thought someone would kill the pedophile Ferguson, but nobody ever did, I just can't see that happening with GBC. jmho

Oh I can for sure .Didn't Ferguson have a few try to get him and cops had to move him away for protection , could be wrong

I am concerned that the jurors are weighted more males than females , just saying not evenly balanced.

Males are generally better judges of other males. IMO. From my personal understanding.
I don't know the reason, but it may be to do with not being seduced so easily by so called charms.
I was secretly pleased to see more males than females here.
Heh heh *sly laugh*

Prime, I don't think anyone will achieve it because there will be a police presence around GBC. However, the police may not be so eager to "protect" GBC. With Ferguson, they have to do it, and the way cops think is they distance themselves from the act of the person unless they are not directly involved. One cop said to me "As awful as it is, pedophiles are easier to handle because they've been in and out of the system, will put their hands behind their backs when you want them to for cuffing, etc. You can't see them as people or let them in". And I'm assuming with Ferguson moving about etc, a lot of the cops he came into contact with over the course of it all were different ones? However I'm wondering if the QLD police force (Brisbane cops in particular) are quite angry with GBC; several of them had conversations with him and want his blood. From my experience, cops in QLD who are directly involved in a case are actually pretty passionate about it.

So, hmmm, yeah, I don't think anyone will kill him on the street - but I think the fear of that is enough to get a few people worried.

Lol, that's what my husband just said!

I'm stunned at all the things that have happened with this jury, approached by media and once by a woman in purple, now downloading deliberation advice that's from a completely different jurisdiction. It's like a bad movie.

Or like a deliberate attempt for a mistrial..

Males are generally better judges of other males. IMO. From my personal understanding.
I don't know the reason, but it may be to do with not being seduced so easily by so called charms.
I was secretly pleased to see more males than females here.
Heh heh *sly laugh*

I'm not sure the questions they asked to exclude jurors especially males. But my guess one of them would be "Would you cheat on your wife?". If you answered yes you would be off the jury if you said no then you would be on the jury. They would be looking for men with morals who abhor cheating husbands. IMHO

Yeah, Ferguson moved around a bit because of all the threats. Ironically Ferguson had a better chance of being murdered behind bars.

Agrees. I would have told them that Mummy had left early to go to the conference and taken them to school. Then called the police.
Not when it hit the internet that she was missing......while kids at school? It is not good for them to find out via internet or teacher expressing concern.....and this would happen given the amount of use of technology in classrooms nowadays. All they would need it to look at news websites.....minute it is reported and kids at school all hell would break loose and would fall to the poor teachers.

Someone did point out about the jury though that any man who shaves will probably call B.S. on GBC's "razor cut" theory. Then I thought: Won't many women think the same way? I shave my legs. I know what happens when the blade is too blunt and I cut into the skin. Blood comes out of the cut. Pus doesn't (sorry about the disgusting language) because it's not infected, it's not an abrasion caused by human finger nails scratching the skin and leaving bacteria in there. MOO

Can't believe someone felt the need to google when they were handed this! ....and that's coming from someone who thinks of herself as a 'world-class googler'!

world class googler. is that in the next commonwealth games and is it a mixed event , because I might challenge you:happydance:

Questions have been asked about the co incidence of the texts sent from GBC phone and Allison's phone connecting to the Internet at 6.31 am. A friend has explained to me that the way Apple’s iMessaging works is that IF both ends of the conversation have an iDevice (and in this case, they did - they were both iPhones) then that is detected as soon as the text message is sent, and the message goes via the Internet, and NOT via the telco 3G connection. Those iMessages are free, and show on the iPhone or iPad as a BLUE message from your end, as opposed to sending a text to somebody who does NOT have an iDevice (say an Android Samsung instead) in which case your messages show up in GREEN.

So when GBC sent his first text message at 06:31, it would have woken up Allison’s phone - wherever it was - and logged it onto the Internet to receive the message. It would immediately be detected and identified as an iPhone. Once logged on, it would not have logged off again unless somebody actively did that by turning the phone off. And if the phone was in the one place, it would simply have remained logged on (including automatically checking for emails, texts, etc - pinging the tower’s Internet connection) until the battery ran out.

The big question is WHERE was Allison’s phone when it got woken up by GBC’s text message? It could have been in his pocket, or in the Captiva beside him with him chucking it out of the window or taking it out of the car somewhere that remained within reach of the FTP tower. And it should be pointed out that the FTP tower is right next to the overpass over the Centenary Highway, and reaches at least as far as the Kenmore Plaza, and probably further.

Yes, and his drama would have added to their stress and their uncertainty of what is happening.
Their events surrounding them are telling them one thing and the adults are telling them another.
They become confused - emotionally.
They are alone at school - One of the girls mentioned that she told only one friend about what was happening.

They could have been spent the day - or the time - with a family member until it was decided how serious the situation was.

I think GBC thought his day was going to run smoothly - report ABC Missing - fill out a report at the Police Station - go to work.

Agreed, I think he also thought, business as usual.. which would mean, kids to school. But yes given the way it did unfold, the children probably would have been better off being looked after by the Dickies that day.

Yes I think the fact she scratched his face up shows he had the opportunity to stop. He kept going even as she fought him off.

It takes 5 -7minutes to smother someone, but they'd lose consciousness within as little as forty seconds to two minutes so you'd assume they'd stop once the person passed out, unless they intended to kill them IMO.

Alioop, may I please pick your wise brain? Just thinking about the minimum term without parole, eg 15 years. Am I right in thinking that a prisoner doesn't get parole for something like murder unless they express remorse (among other factors)?

It takes 5 -7minutes to smother someone, but they'd lose consciousness within as little as forty seconds to two minutes so you'd assume they'd stop once the person passed out, unless they intended to kill them IMO.

Don't you want to add something to that post ....like.... Someone told me or...... On the Internet....... Or in a book I once read????

Agreed, I think he also thought, business as usual.. which would mean, kids to school. But yes given the way it did unfold, the children probably would have been better off being looked after by the Dickies that day.

I certainly agree with that - or someone on the Dickies side of the Family that the girls knew well.

First time I heard a reference to google was on my favourite tv show at the time, Buffy the vampire slayer. They were doing a demon search on google. I had no idea what they talking about. Of course google is now my best buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks