The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alioop, while you are inside with plenty of time I need a new will done any chance ????

Last night I was in bed around midnight trying to sleep and mulling a few things over in my mind on all of this.

Just as I was dropping off to sleep I received a "message".

It was in the form of a very loud clanging metal door....

Yes, and I'm concerned that there is one person on the jury who really isn't very bright.
If you only have one person who is not very bright, you are lucky, I've always thought there should be some kind of IQ test for jurors
now that evidence has got so technical in many cases.
Maybe you get more intelligent jurors in Australia than we do in NZ, here most people who have responsible jobs simply can't afford to
leave their job for up to two months in big cases, and are able to get excused from duty.

In the most important trial probably ever in NZ, we had jurors who slept some afternoons, passed notes to each other, one was a special needs person, another supposedly baked a birthday
cake for the defendant, and the final insult was when a few of them tried to turn up at the party to celebrate them finding the defendant not guilty.
After listening to two months of evidence they came back with their verdict after a few hours on a Friday afternoon, evidently some had holidays planned for the next week.
It's just a lottery having a jury here, if I was guilty of a crime I'd take my chances with a jury, and if innocent would go
for a Judge only.
I'm a bit worried what will happen in this case if the jurors have got annoyed with the Judge and vice versa.
I don't have a huge problem with what the juror looked up online, they may have looked up far more when they knew they had been called for jury service, and no one will ever know.

Oh my God. I hope this doesn't come back to bite the
Prosecution. I can just see Defence demanding a miss trial

There is something very off here. Jury members were approached, not once but twice during the trial and now this! I think the jury member who downloaded that material should be excused from the trial and one of the reserves brought in to replace him/her.

I am so <Makarasnip> angry right now!

Let's say the police have evidence that one or more BCs assisted GBC dispose of Allison's body &/or cover up the crime: Could it be that the QPP cannot prosecute anyone else apart from GBC until he has been found guilty of the murder?? - ie they can't charge another BC as being an accessory (after the fact) to the murder, until GBC has been found to be the murderer. Hope this makes sense!!

I think we have an insulted angry Judge. :croc:

He made the rules very very very clear yesterday , when I was there.

WTF
The Jury asking for a copy of his directions ???
A member of the Jury has deliberately ignored the Judge and rules???
:snake: is lurking amongst them ?

:snake: is lurking amongst them. Yep, that is what I believe!

I delved a little deeper & have just heard this is in fact correct. The interfering with a corpse charge has been dropped & GBC is on trial for just the murder charge.

Makes me think even more then that is why the Prosecution kept the case of where they thought Allison was murdered - on the Baden-Clay Property. ... and less emphasis on Kohlo Creek after ABC's disposal, though they used the evidence from Kholo Creek collected from when Allison was found.

There is something very off here. Jury members were approached, not once but twice during the trial and now this! I think the jury member who downloaded that material should be excused from the trial and one of the reserves brought in to replace him/her.

I am so <Makarasnip> angry right now!

Yes. When you put it with the approaches made to the jury.. it does make you wonder. I hope it is just an innocent, albeit incredibly stupid mistake.

Bobbie Elliot
dead right , there can be no accessory after the fact of murder until there is a proven murder , I believe . they could I suppose charge someone with interfering with a corpse before a verdict but I think qps wanted his trial over first

Unfortunately if he is acquitted he stands to regain custody of his children...

I think also that he then has access to the insurance policy money from Allison that is currently held in trust.

His defence has been funded by Legal Aid. Legal Aid can recover those legal costs if the 'client' has the financial resources to pay.

If GBC is convicted I think the Dickie's may have the legal machinery in place to hold that money in Trust for the girls.

If GBC is acquitted I think that money will find its way back to pay off the Legal Aid costs.

In the most important trial probably ever in NZ, we had jurors who slept some afternoons, passed notes to each other, one was a special needs person, another supposedly baked a birthday
cake for the defendant, and the final insult was when a few of them tried to turn up at the party to celebrate them finding the defendant not guilty.
After listening to two months of evidence they came back with their verdict after a few hours on a Friday afternoon, evidently some had holidays planned for the next week.
Which case was this?

I don't know about law in Australia, but if it was here in NZ I doubt that much would be done about them looking up info on jury deliberations. The only case I know of where there was a successful appeal (actually and English case) was where jury used a ouija board! There has to be a real risk that the jury's deliberations were skewed by the material.

BBM:

Bwhahahaha. A ouiha board! Sorry but I just fell off my chair laughing. :laughing: :laughing:

with a box of donuts

:laughing: Sustanence

On that note, I should head off soon. Thanks to our tweeters and court reporters, our illustrious Mod Marlywings and everyone else for their often insightful, sometimes hilarious comments - a bit of humour can be very therapeutic in these situations.

Thoughts to Allisons family and friends on what must be a long wait now on the home stretch to find justice.

I don't have a huge problem with what the juror looked up online, they may have looked up far more when they knew they had been called for jury service, and no one will ever know.

SBM

they could even be reading here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads