The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Allison didn't have PJ pants on but had a shower early and then got into clothes and slept in a T-shirt & knickers. I recall that what a child said. She hadn't painted her nails so maybe she didn't have a chance to get to bed.
Wherever he assaulted her, Allison could have had a chance to survive IF he'd called an ambulance and tried to revive her. But no, Allison died and he hid her body.

'Nicest bloke you could ever meet'. It was this nice bloke that grabbed and held Flegg by the shirt in a public place and abused him.
I'm sure gaols are full of nice blokes.

Perhaps Allison had done her nails, but the polish wore off when exposed to the elements for eleven days.

You are determined and I look forward to the next iteration.

It may have been ruled out as it was a web log (blog) it could have been posted as a business article and seen as hyperbole.

Thanks for all the updates today. I was driving on the freeway today when heard on the radio about the jury member.........nearly ran off the road.......how stupid can you be! :tantrum:

I've been wondering about this too - how can a jury find him guilty of manslaughter when he has so vehemently denied playing any role in Allison's death. He has gone to great lengths to explain away her disappearance and death and the evidence against him, so why would a jury even consider it manslaughter? Maybe others have some cases they can recall when this has happened without the defendant actually admitting to playing some part in someone's death?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you definitively, there hasn't been one in Australian Jurisprudence history where the defendant was not only asleep, but sleeping heavily, after ironing a shirt and singing a lullaby to his children when the death occurred. Nor has there been one case where the deceased was last seen watching the footy show by the defendant, and then found by a lone kayaker 14 klms away half buried in mud under a bridge 11 days later.
Stuff b grade movies are made of. If he gets off possibly 7mate might pick it up?

He had to remove the beard for further tests not too long after his arrest. Going by all the media sketches of him throughout the different court appearances he's been minus a beard. Any of our members in court notice if he's had a beard at any time??

June 19, 2012

It also was revealed yesterday that police have applied to the court to have Baden-Clay's beard removed to allow for further forensic testing.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226400693628

No, Gerard was clean shaven when I went to court last week. I tried to see if there were any scars, but it was too hard to tell as I was in the Overflow Room viewing him on the screen.

On the topic of "no leaves in the car" - I have struggled with the evidence led that there was "no sign of a cleanup" in the car. How do they know it wasn't vacuumed out? Sure there was no clear sign of blood found on the vacuum brush etc, but what about the leaves, mud etc? Perhaps by "no sign of a cleanup" they meant no bleach, attempt to hide/clean away blood etc.

What if another car followed the Captiva (with Allison and blood rivulet) to Khoho Creek and the muddy/leaf shoed Captiva driver drove the second vehicle away and the clean shoed driver drove the Captiva away. Then there are no Kholo Creek traces in the Captiva and the unknown second vehicle is never known and never checked, but has the Kholo Creek traces in it. MOO

Not to mention a couple of other areas of investigation regarding someone else that seemed to be quashed at least in the public eye ... makes you wonder if those aspects of the investigation will resurface later?

??? catswhiskers? What are they?

That's not a good sign. It's the 5th week but some obviously have doubts.

I thought GBC had put on quite a bit of weight - but I only saw him on the screen.
That's interesting (in a superficial way), prison grub can't be as bad as we might imagine (and perhaps less motivation these days to stay trim, recall he said he and A were both trying to lose weight, he no doubt for the laaaadies).

OT but re: fidelity and films, my old boss told me that when it was released, his mate got dragged along by mate's missus to see Fatal Attraction. When they were leaving the cinema, she said smugly "see, what does THAT teach you about cheating?", to which he replied "if you're having an affair, DON'T STOP".

With a few people discussing 'signs' and 'messages from above' I thought I would share something that happened to me yesterday.

Unfortunately, I was on my way to a funeral yesterday afternoon.
(An old friends wife had died last week from the *advertiser censored* we refer to as cancer.)

Here in Adelaide it was a miserable cold day with some pretty wild weather.
My drive was on roads I normally don't travel and was going by memory of Google Maps to get me to the correct address.
The rain was coming down so hard I could barely see the lanes. Then hail.
I was preparing to turn left on to the road where the chapel is located and saw that the time was 2.59 (the service began at 3).
As I pulled into that road, and the service started, the rain stopped, the first sign of sun that day came out and a rainbow appeared.
Was like a movie.
It didn't last long at all and in the few minutes it took me to park and make my way inside the rain was back.
Hello Ford 71. Pleased to meet you. Interesting post.
Yesterday at the Court house, apparently one of the Jurer's chairs broke.
I mean, apparently the chair inexplicably just broke. ### out the blue it broke. (No details)
I wonder what was being said at the time?
And yes, I do wonder at Higher Powers from other places.
I also wonder at those who make mockery of common Law, common Decency, common Ethics, common Morals, common Honesty and common Sense.
Very interesting about the chair breaking for no apparent reason.

PS A rainbow appeared at my wedding (few years ago now.) Out of the blue, on a non rainy day. I had a photo taken for proof! It was fairly subtle, but clearly evident for anyone who bothered to look upward.

So if he covers her mouth and nose "restraining" her till she dies, that's not intent? When she's clawing at him and clearly suffocating, how is that not intent? He'd stop the restraint. He has no right to restrain her anyway. What exactly constitutes GBH?

Is it like the one punch law? It wasn't the punch that killed, it was the concrete footpath that killed. Freya it's got me stumped too.

He had to remove the beard for further tests not too long after his arrest. Going by all the media sketches of him throughout the different court appearances he's been minus a beard. Any of our members in court notice if he's had a beard at any time??

June 19, 2012

It also was revealed yesterday that police have applied to the court to have Baden-Clay's beard removed to allow for further forensic testing.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...bail-application/story-e6frfkvr-1226400693628

You are right - I forgot, I've seen the sketches in the news myself. TF's comment just stood out to me and I thought he had meant GBC had worn a beard ever since. :facepalm:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 52s
What if she decided to go for a walk, took a Zoloft tablet, puts husband's phone on charger - defence scenario

She kept walking. Ends up at river. Pathologist couldn't rule out drowning - defence scenario

:aktion1:
Did the defence want to make it look like he did it? Lol that scenario is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe