The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, I don't know what basis they need to be able to appeal.......Alioop will surely be able to fill us in later :)

PS: I reckon he'd find something!

He's been furiously taking notes, he'll find something...

I went on a trip through the archives last night. Who could ever forget this little gem from one of our Verified Insiders....

"Also from the same source was that when police were doing their searches, they wanted to seize the contents of a vacuum cleaner dust bag, and NBC refused to give it to them if they didn't have a search warrant. (I'm assuming this was at the NBC house but I dont know for sure)"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8026080&postcount=403

I can understand why the jury wanted to hear these words from the judge again. It is somewhat confusing to me. Id guess they've agreed on facial scratches being from Allison rather than razor.

It is SO confusing. It would be better if the judge didn't have to speak in such an official manner. No avoiding it I guess. Suppose he has to use the proper legal terminology.

Error of fact or law, misdirection by judge generally. Returning a verdict within five minutes not a valid ground of appeal to my knowledge.

Yes there has to be grounds for an appeal, but this could be anything. They could, for example, argue that some evidence shouldn't have been admitted, or that the Judge erred in summing up, or that counsel was incompetent...there is a wide range of potential grounds.
The media coverage and alleged approach to jurors didn't allow for a fair trial.

I think there have to be some grounds for appeal, like the judge erred in the trial somewhere, new material has come to light since the trial, they can't just appeal for the sake of it. Although i think the sentence can be appealed if he feels it is too harsh and then his legal eagles (whoever they may be for an appeal) would institute proceedings on his behalf

I feel sick! So scared about possible not guilty verdict.

I know, me too :/

Did you manage to get into main court on Wednesday arvo? I work in the city and will def come for a drink later if we have a verdict today.

Yes, welcome back Greg. Whatever happened to Willough. I remember her being passionate for justice too.

They need to appeal something though I thought, for example the sentence or an error in the trial etc. Hoping someone who knows can tell us.

I was thinking they might try "don't you know who his great-grandfather is?" or maybe "We kept interfering with the jury which is not fair on our darling Gerard." Or maybe they could try "Bwana says Gerred's been through enough now and is to be sent home immediately"

I'm at work so haven't got time to check all pages of this thread - but has anyone been following Kate Kyriacou's tweets today? Are we posting them? I just quickly checked them, and noticed the jury has asked questions of the judge an hour ago, and specific things have been mentioned, plus there's a tweet which implies they'll be coming to a verdict today. Sorry if this has been posted here already - but if not, it's well worth having a look!

I'm at work so haven't got time to check all pages of this thread - but has anyone been following Kate Kyriacou's tweets today? Are we posting them? I just quickly checked them, and noticed the jury has asked questions of the judge an hour ago, and specific things have been mentioned, plus there's a tweet which implies they'll be coming to a verdict today. Sorry if this has been posted here already - but if not, it's well worth having a look!

All of Kate's tweets are on previous pages thanks itsthevibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member