The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
God - the fact the jury asked about this - can it mean they are trying to reach a guilty verdict, or at least manslaughter?

My thoughts on the jury asking this of the judge are that we have to remind ourselves there are 12 people all trying to make sense of what they have heard throughout the trial.
Their discussions in the jury room will sometimes lead to debate about particular points.
Some individuals may accept explanations from others in that room.
Others may not be comfortable accepting these explanations, and feel that the right thing to do is go back to the original source and ask the judge for re-clarification.
So, I don't believe we can really read much of anything into whats being asked of the judge. It could be nothing more than an individual wanting to be sure he/she has a particular point clear in their mind, allowing them to proceed accordingly.

I sent a query note to the judge in a different trial which allowed me to understand an element of the law better.
For anyone reading like us here online, that question could have been interpreted as a concern the accused would be acquitted.
In fact, this was not the case and the outsiders assumptions would have been incorrect.

Summary....Relax, its just a query, I strongly believe we will see a guilty of murder verdict.:)

crickey I hope so, they need to be kept fed and given a break surely, if it was me in there I would want a ciggie break that's for sure!
years ago when I was on they brought us some sangers and orange juice and we kept going , all I wanted was a beer and a ciggy was only a fraud case

Poor kate will end up with RSI in her fingers after this case :/

Sorry if my comments are irrelevant due to me not being able to keep up - but when I went on Twitter before I saw some tweets when I was searching saying that the recent questions by the jury about lies included questions about whether lies prove guilt, but also questions about lies about shaving cuts. I hope they are clear that according to the judge telling lies in itself does not indicate guilt of murder, however that if you believe lies were told to cover incriminating things that implicate you in the murder, then you can still find the person guiltyif you believe they are lies and you believe that the truth does indicate the person committed a murder (or manslaughter). Does that make sense? Am I correct on this. I hope the jury does not get confused and feel they can't return a guilty verdict even though they think he is guilty.

IMO the Judge's statement to the jury on this point was 'too complex' for the reasonable person i.e. it may well be understood by lawyers, but the layman? It sounded a little obfuscating. I do not know if this was intentional or accidental. My opinion only.

Just checking - is Kate Kyriacou's last tweet 3 hours ago? I keep refreshing the page but that's all I'm getting.

I'm going the other way, I think the jury is excluding manslaughter on the basis of the defendant's lies, which go to intent.

I hope you're right! It would make sense.

Kates last tweet

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 2h

The judge has told the jury to return to their deliberations. #badenclay

Just checking - is Kate Kyriacou's last tweet 3 hours ago? I keep refreshing the page but that's all I'm getting.

Yeh there's been no media for quite a while now. I'm keeping the feed open and checking it as I work, for all #badenclay tweets

Yes, I am looking at one of the news pages online which refreshes instantly.

yep, 3 hours ago, i would say there is just nothing to tweet right now, jury must be busy deliberating in the jury room with no questions at this stage
"waits a bit longer*

years ago when I was on they brought us some sangers and orange juice and we kept going , all I wanted was a beer and a ciggy was only a fraud case

I can relate to that :blushing:

:laughing:

not funny brissy lass , imagine how we were hanging out for a smoke , thank God those days u could smoke in the building so could just go outside the room:therethere:

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 27s

Waiting crowd getting restless. 10 mins till lunch break... Enough time for a verdict? Anyone's guess #badenclay

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 45s
Waiting crowd getting restless. 10 mins till lunch break... Enough time for a verdict? Anyone's guess #badenclay

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 27s

nah don't think so this arvo hopefully

I didn't realise I would be such a wreck over this day waiting for verdict. Silly of me. Also at work and it's a horrid time with all sorts of stressors so that doesn't help. A verdict of guilty would be heartening - to know that justice can be done, and the trials and trauma someone so lovely like Allison endured can be understood, and action taken. Sadly it won't bring her back.

Nerveously waiting, trying not to check here, trying to do work, but very hard!

Guessing there is lots of Candy Crush and Angry Birds going on. I haven't had a ciggy for years now but sure feel like one now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard