GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if some of you web sleuths know of any cases that are somewhat similar? I found this one case where this woman's car was found but she wasn't. She ended up being found 3 years later but this was in Colorado. The car had all her personal belongings still in it. Amy Ahonen

I also found another story of two hikers that were supposed to go on a trip together. One of the hikers, the male, was found dead but the female was never found. They aren't even sure if she even made it to the park or not. Very strange. Christina Montes

The first story I provided is around the same time frame of Erin's just years earlier. The second is close by in Lake Mead area.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you know of other cases that are similar. I've been trying to search with "missing woman's car found/car of missing woman/woman missing national park" etc.

One old case is Maura Murray. Her abandoned car was located many years ago, but Maura is still missing.

More recently, Charli Scott disappeared in Maui. Charli was pregnant and her burned out car was found, but she is still missing.

Also, Shelley Mook, who has been missing for a few years. Her burned out car was found, but she remains missing.

I'm sure there are a number of other cases.

I am wondering if some of you web sleuths know of any cases that are somewhat similar? I found this one case where this woman's car was found but she wasn't. She ended up being found 3 years later but this was in Colorado. The car had all her personal belongings still in it. Amy Ahonen

I also found another story of two hikers that were supposed to go on a trip together. One of the hikers, the male, was found dead but the female was never found. They aren't even sure if she even made it to the park or not. Very strange. Christina Montes

The first story I provided is around the same time frame of Erin's just years earlier. The second is close by in Lake Mead area.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you know of other cases that are similar. I've been trying to search with "missing woman's car found/car of missing woman/woman missing national park" etc.

There's another case here on WS about Bryce Laspisa. His truck was found overturned with his personal belongings still in it. It will be a year ago next month and he's never been found, in spite of searches, fliers, billboards, etc. I still check on the FB page at least once a week to see if he's been found.

As Mark Klaas has said...the world is huge, bodies are small.

RSBM

Possibly, but I was surprised when I read that quote. Someone who spotted the car abandoned and reported it but doesn't know the family or have any other expertise/information isn't someone worth quoting in a news article about their general opinion of the husband's role. He found the car, and thank Goodness for that. I could do without his armchair assessment of the husband.

On the other hand, the article degenerates into talking about people who post their opinions on social media and the writer doesn't appear to know for sure Erin had a miscarriage.

Amateurs. ;D

But I think we are all grateful to the article for FINALLY nailing down where the car was located, and the information about spreading the clues to the winds from the hovering helicopter is insightful.

My interpretation from what was written in the article is that it was the source who gave that opinion about Erin's husband, not the worker who called in Erin's car.
The worker:
"The vehicle was reported by a worker from the Twentynine Palms Water District around 9:30-9:40 A.M."

Read more at http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

The "source/witness":
"At approximately 10 A.M. the source, who was headed north to drive to his property at the time came to a stop at Valley Vista Rd. and Ranch Rd. upon encountering a police SUV blocking the road."

"The car was found between Ranch Rd. and Bagdad Rd. (which both run north/south) but was , “closer to Ranch Rd.” according to the witness who was stopped by the road block at which point he briefly spoke with the worker from the Twentynine Palms Water District who called in the missing vehicle."

" The source states that he has a, “weird feeling about the husband.” "
Read more at http://americanlivewire.com/2014-07-09-police-locate-erin-corwins-missing-vehicle/

IMOO.

There is also Susan Jacobson.. she's missing, car found, with everything basically in or near it, and yet she's just gone. She is/was from a lot further north but still, it's come to mind. I can't believe how common it is for someone to disappear. It's scary.

From the Locate Erin FB page about 5 minutes ago:

Locate Erin Hi everyone,
From what we understand there are cameras at most of the gates entering and exiting base but not all of them
The phone has been off/dead since she was reported missing so they can't ping it. Investigators are aware that they can get the phone records to see the last love her cell phone was active but we do not know if they have that information at that time.
Erin's story has been covered on Nancy Grace for the last two nights.
Erin has only known she was pregnant for 3 weeks now so we are not sure exactly how far along she is. At the time she went missing she had a doctor appointment scheduled to date the pregnancy.

Thank you all for continuing to follow the story. Please keep Erin in your thoughts and prayers.

So I am gathering she either met foul play, suffered another miscarriage and bled out somewhere, committed suicide, or fell down in a ravine or something? I am not familiar with the landscape there but anything is possible I suppose.

I think it is so common for the husband to be the perp in these types of cases and everyone is giving him the stink eye because of statistics, myself included.

Concerning the smiling with her mouth closed thing, I have a friend with some messed up teeth. She never ever ever smiles with her mouth open in photos. Even tho everyone who knows her knows what her teeth look like.

Not everyone is blessed with straight teeth and/or braces. So I don't really see how that is an issue....but a keen observation.

Not my "keen"observation - I got it from another poster who was the "keen" observer.

I never said she had bad teeth, but that was my inference. I got my teeth fixed and then did a personal experiment (I still do it for fun.) Try it. If you smile with your mouth closed at a passer-by, they will do the same. If you walk past a passer-by with your eyes averted, they will do the same. If you smile at a passer-by, with a full mouth/teeth smile, they will do the same. It is just amazing! I think it means that if you are open or closed to them, they will be reciprocating and be open or closed to you.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

I, personally, am not putting much stock in that article. Based on earlier information we've read it seems the author was a little confused, i.e., the miscarriage, when mom was coming to visit, etc.

Are you saying that they updated this particular article to reflect the miscarriage?
The article does mention the facebook posting of her pregnancy in January, and it also mentions:

"Erin was reported to be three month pregnant when she went missing just over a week ago according to investigators, however the young woman had announced on her Facebook page earlier this year on January 16 that she was pregnant which would indicate that she suffered a miscarriage at some point.
What caused her miscarriage is unclear."

Does Erin's husband work for the Provost Marshal's office?
The PMO Special Reaction Team was mentioned in the link you provided.
IMOO.

According to a few articles I've read he is with 3/11, not PMO. Also according to pictures and his FB page his is a Corporal not a Lance Corporal.

Does Erin's husband work for the Provost Marshal's office?
The PMO Special Reaction Team was mentioned in the link you provided.
IMOO.

Not sure but assume so. Interesting that the Sgt was also involved I thought.

I completely agree.

But, I live in Texas (which I love). But the criminal justice system here is way too trigger happy. I'm really dismayed at how MANY men are being released after spending the better portion of their lives in prison for a crime it turns out they didn't commit. And then they get released and the state has to come up with a dollar figure to compensate them. There is not enough money in the world to make up for someone spending the majority of their life in prison unjustly. The Innocence Project is kept quite busy.

Thank you so much for your post! Our Constitution provides us with the Right to a fair and speedy trial. This, today, is not true. Prosecutors want you to plea to SOMETHING, so they can save face, and get you out of jail to make room for others. So, you have "Charges" pending against you, you refuse to capitulate because you are innocent, you sit in jail because neither you nor anyone can afford to bail you out, and your case comes to trial seven years later. Next thing you know, you've been in jail for 21 years and "Project Innocence" uses new DNA technology to get you out.

Thank you all for letting me vent!

With no REAL evidence, only the thought that it's likely someone committed a crime and now a woman is missing or deceased, I don't have the heart to convict.

I don't either!

Most Sincerely, MoeJoey

There is also Susan Jacobson.. she's missing, car found, with everything basically in or near it, and yet she's just gone. She is/was from a lot further north but still, it's come to mind. I can't believe how common it is for someone to disappear. It's scary.

Thanks for this and the other people who responded. I'm trying to see if there are any connections with other cases that have been unsolved to see if this person shows up in different areas around US (military areas). I was also trying to see if there were any prior attacks on women in the area like with the Sigg case.

Could one of you please come to the Scanner Chatter for Erin. Several children are missing from the area! I need your help listening!

Hmm. Every article I've seen has him as Lance Corporal.

Mystery surrounds disappearance of pregnant military spouse Erin ...
www.foxnews.com/.../mystery-surrounds-disappearance-pregnant-military-...
by Cristina Corbin - 2 days ago - Lance Cpl. Jonathan Corwin said there was nothing out of the ordinary when his 19-year-old pregnant wife left their California home for a vast ...

I see the military rank insignia patch in the photo of Erin and himself, he does have the Lance Corporal patch, but I didn't know how old that photo was.
Insignia's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_rank_insignia

There's another case here on WS about Bryce Laspisa. His truck was found overturned with his personal belongings still in it. It will be a year ago next month and he's never been found, in spite of searches, fliers, billboards, etc. I still check on the FB page at least once a week to see if he's been found.

Me, too! I still look for him everywhere I go. It's surreal when something like this happens and you think for sure there will be resolution fairly quickly and the family will have answers and we all will know what REALLY occurred and then days turn into weeks turn into months turn into years without any answers in some of these cases. Heartbreaking for the families. A never ending roller coaster nightmare, really. A childhood friend of mine went missing in the desert in San Bernardino County (closer to Nevada.). His car was found with his belongings in it yet he has never been found. Unfortunately, there are so many people that have vanished like this. Where are you, Bryce? Where are you, Erin?

To receive government housing, doesn't he have to be at least an E-4, Corporal, not an E-3 Lance Corporal?

ETA:
I found a link for junior enlisted, so looks like they can:

"Eligibility"

"All officer and enlisted personnel accompanied by their bona fide family members are eligible to apply for Military Family Housing."

"Approximate wait times for Military Family Housing are as follows:

Junior Enlisted 2 bedroom - 90 days
Junior Enlisted 3 bedroom - 30-60 days"

http://www.militaryinstallations.do...0,Government Housing,30.90.60.30.90.0.0.0.0,8

To receive government housing, doesn't he have to be at least an E-4, Corporal, not an E-3 Lance Corporal?

No, once you have permanent duty station orders, if you rate housing based on having a family, you are able regardless of rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993