The Verdict Waiting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fully aware of that thanks Freya. I don't need you to state the obvious. I , like many others are just wanting to hear that "guilty" verdict and soon.

I do apologize, Enthralled, nothing personal meant by saying that this is not unusual, and that there is lots of evidence for 12 people to come to agreement on. They are deciding on a persons life here. It took days for the Morcombe verdict, and they had a TAPED confession.....just not sure what people were expecting here?

Hi Anothermouse - I want to reflect on my passion for Allison's case, but am too hyped!! The only thing that I can focus on is "FFS Tell us he's GUILTY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Brisbane's public transport sucks even if you're not a tourist.

A question for Alioop while we wait for justice. Why are the jury not allowed a transcript of the judges summary? It seems to be part of Qld law, but may be different in other parts of Australia. I am just curious about the rationale for this aspect of the law.

I guess it is not evidence. But the procedures are antiquated and need overhauling. Juries should get the judges directions in writing including a definition of reasonable doubt in my opinion.

I know actually it was to be 6 of us!

It was very nice to meet Alioop, Liadan and the nameless man(sorry can't give anymore info than that he is to remain nameless).

Lovely to meet you too KJ. And again thank you for starting this forum. Without you doing that I would never have found websleuths or made the connections I have with so many sleuthers. It has been an incredible ride with you all on hopefully the path to justice for Allison.

For some reason I have this idea that they may come back late today. I wonder what the latest they can stay is? 5.30, 6? I guess the word will be given if they haven't reached a verdict today, and are resuming on Monday.

I have the same feeling....

Here we go - very tense - false alarm. All went silent and people rushed to line up

I don't mind if it goes into next week. The Rolf Harris jury took 8 days, and in the end they made the right decision, which is all that matters.

Besides, I enjoy the company in here.

Except for the fact it is doing my head in and the agony it must be causing the Dickies, I am happy for them to take their time to get it right.

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 36s
Still no sign of a verdict in the #badenclay trial, 11 hours in. @NewsTalk4BC

Is it because of tap talk.?
vydyra7u.jpg

Only one on my end....

but rolfy had 12 charges and some damn near as bad as this one

True, but 180 pieces of evidence here and some of them can be argued every which way (and have been on this forum!).

Sure a quick verdict would be nice, but we could still be sitting here this time next week. Oh man, isn't that a horrible thought!

Is it 3pm or 4pm in Qld at the moment? I know they're an hour behind NSW sometimes but I can never remember when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie