Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears to be two P Gs in the area. The P referenced pages back as starting a relationship in November 2013 is not the one about whom we are speaking. DG's sister has children with AL's son. They have been together for some time.

My apologies for the muddling up by me, however, the article that had a picture of both Patti G and Allen L has been tidied and the pics are no longer in it.

I changed my browser this morning from firefox to chrome, and now when I come to WS, it has 2/3 less pages than it did last night, not sure why, not sure if some are missing, or 2/3 more fits on each of every page?? Anyway, I am going backwards from where I left off in the wee hours of the early morning today and I'm feeling like I missed a whole bunch!

Above: what does IIRC mean, I have seen it several times, but silly me can't figure it out!

Who is MH and why would it be interesting to see employment records??

JO had a wedding recently?? She hasn't been married for long??

TY!!

Well, is it possible to apply for a credit card, without an income or employer?

Thread 4 #592.

Wow - what a find! That's a Cessna 182 and a Turbo Cessna 206. Hubby is pilot - I just read him the idents and he said, "There's some good money tied up in those airplanes." The most recent flight he could find on flight tracker for the 182 was from Edmonton to Concert, AB in late 2009. However, it's easy IMO to not be on flight tracker.
A bit of searching points to a different company and owner, a gentleman who passed away in March so maybe his estate needed to do transactions regarding the planes. Not sure I should post info since it seems like uninvolved party?

My apologies for the muddling up by me, however, the article that had a picture of both Patti G and Allen L has been tidied and the pics are no longer in it.

The mods are doing a good job to keep the Websleuths site clean. We are not allowed to post names/pictures of family of victims or POI... so this post may also be deleted. I think we can delete them ourselves

A bit of searching points to a different company and owner, a gentleman who passed away in March so maybe his estate needed to do transactions regarding the planes. Not sure I should post info since it seems like uninvolved party?

Was the person who passed away a Liknes? Or does this name just come into play in March of this year?

I have to agree. I am new to this site and I hope that it is alright to post this. I found a site that lists the registration of a Cessna (for private use) in the name Liknes Enterprises Ltd. I do not know if AL has ties to this company, and I have not been able to find further information on it. I have provided this information to LE.

Http://regosearch.com/aircraft/ca/G...b does websleuths report to Law Enforcent.

http://wwwapps3.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/AWD-CN/documents/NEWAIRCRAFT.TXT

Transport Canada is the government agency responsible for air safety, aircraft registration, etc.

The above page shows two aircraft registered to Liknes Enterprises Ltd. The 182 K appears to be a 4 passenger, fixed wing. TU206G is a small float plane.

The registration was changed in March of 2014. Prior to that it was registered to another family member in 2007.
http://www.consort.ca/index.php/business/business-directory/1609/general-tank-truck-services-canada-ltd

I called this info into Crime Stoppers about 20 minutes ago.

Mods, I have a screenshot. Am I allowed to post it ?

I've been away for a few days and just heard on the CBC that this is still considered a "missing persons" case. Can someone catch me up on the latest info? Can't believe this is still not closer to being solved but really hopeful that this family will be found safe.

When the other poster mentioned the flight from Edmonton to Consort, and then I looked at this webpage, Veteran Alberta is the registry area for the plane. The person who thought they spotted the vehicle north of Brooks said they spotted it on hwy 12 which happens to be the hwy where both Veteran and Consort Alberta are.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ve...2!3m1!1s0x530c7ccfd77838af:0x4e2cfd6339a60d8b

does websleuths report to Law Enforcent.

I did report the registration information to LE yesterday afternoon. It is interesting that a possible sighting happened somewhere in the proximity though. Veteran also has a very small population and one of its mainstays is support to the O&G industry.

I was really hoping I'd log in tonight to see 'found safe' 12 days is way too long for this sweet angel to be away from his mom and dad! Prayers he comes home soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

I did report the registration information to LE yesterday afternoon. It is interesting that a possible sighting happened somewhere in the proximity though. Veteran also has a very small population and one of its mainstays is support to the O&G industry.

Registered in 2007 to another company owned by a family member. Link below. Not sleuthing family. Sleuthing the aircraft.

http://www.consort.ca/index.php/business/business-directory/1609/general-tank-truck-services-canada-ltd

Now we need to start looking into pilot licenses.

There seems to be much being said about various business activities of AL. When one examines his history I can appreciate how maybe the optics aren't that good on paper....HOWEVER-- I think it isn't really such a big deal considering where he lives. I think people who aren't from these parts may find it difficult to really understand so I'm going to try to explain:

I'm an Albertan. Much of my family works in the oil patch. Many own their own companies--most have folded their companies more than once or sold out to who then sold to someone else and then started fresh all over again. Whether it be well servicing, pipeline services, or contractor services for large entities like Suncor, Entrepreneurship is the Alberta way. People take risks out here in the wild west. The oil business to Albertans is like technology is to Silicon Valley. Sometimes it works out...sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, you cut your losses and start something new. If it does, you sell your share and start something new. Sometimes these start ups are nothing more than two pipe fitters with an idea and a dream. They work a couple years, make a heap of money doing contract work in well management and servicing in order to fund the their startup then bring on a few more workers while they invest in their venture. At some point they then decide it is time to take a year off to travel or move out of province to get out of the oil-patch for a few years so they sell or fold. When they come back they start a new business. Exploration and resource extraction technology development is really risky and it looks like AL was willing to take the gamble. The last few years have been hard on small enterprise in the oil patch. The royalty structure has changed to reward big oil and squeeze out the little guy so to me it makes sense that he had a few unsuccessful ventures.

It sounds to me like AL is/was somthing of an inventor so IMO it would make sense that he would have a few failed start-ups.

Maybe AL owed people money. Maybe he had his finger in a few pies. IMO he may have been targeted by someone or people who felt wronged by him or wanted re-payment of debt. I accept all of that as reasonable hypotheticals. What I don't accept is the fact that there was a 5 year old boy involved and that I'm pretty sure if he was going to plan his own vanishing act he wouldn't have involved his 5 year old grandson. Just saying.

Let's face it the perp or POI or whoever took these people could have drove far far away to dispose of the evidence. I'm talking past Edmonton into northern alberta, or remote places like nordegg. I fear we may never find them. It would be very interesting to know how DG accounted for his movements in and around the time the family went missing.

Lastly, I think LE knew for days they were likely dealing with a homocide but didn't want to admit publicly as they wanted to keep the story outfront in the hopes of getting more tips.

I hope I'm wrong.

Several threads ago I think we came to realize that this early article contained an error about L's age. On his father's FB page, there are several references to his eldest son's age (including him wishing his son a happy birthday a few years ago).

ETA: This article from July 1st did throw us off a bit in the beginning as we wondered about the implications of RO having two children so close in age obviously by different women (Nathan is almost 6). But L's age was apparently incorrect.

Of D. Garland, Brookwell said: "If he is released, he still remains a person of interest in this investigation, but he still hasn't been formally charged."

"he still hasn't been formally charged" sounds stronger than "he is not a suspect yet". One can be a suspect without being formally charged, but not vice versa (am I right?). This response, combined with the fact that they have been painstakingly searching the landfills near DG, seems to suggest they have found certain things that made them think they could find more, enough to "formally charge" Garland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member