GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I was kind of shocked by that and almost went into hiding until I saw your post. Thanks for being nice to us newbies!

Welcome and I appreciate what you add to this forum, your posts are excellent and critically thought out. No hiding! You bring a lot to this discussion. :blowkiss:

The rabbinical student and the pediatrician googled how to kill their kids in a hot car beforehand and stopped by at noon to check their progression into death? What coinkydink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The post was about whether men with family values have accidently killed their kids by leaving them in the car. They have.

Thank you. I was kind of shocked by that and almost went into hiding until I saw your post. Thanks for being nice to us newbies!

No hiding allowed.

We are all here for the same reason. Sweet Cooper!

I put my daughter's $7500k tuition on a credit card for the reward points...so. Re the other part of your post, if you look at 100 dads and husbands living a "family oriented lifestyle" you'll find that, in large numbers, they sext and cheat and whatnot.

The difference...you spent $7500 on YOUR CHILD!
This guy didn't think enough of his son to purchase TWO appropriate car seats.

I'm not going to bash men as I know plenty of women that also take marriage vows very "lightly" ...

This dad IMO thought only of himself ...it was the Ross Penis Show 24/7.

It's going to be interesting to see what will be allowed in at trial and what will be excluded. I think that while it may not be required, the state will attempt to show motive. The financials will be part of that. The defense will say "so what, most couples in their demographics have a similar amount of debt."

Jury selection will be key in this case IMO.

Jury selection is key in every case.

Thought he was going to be late when his wife didn't text him back, then heard back from her that she was picking up . . .

That's news to me. Do you have a link or is that just a guess!

The post was about whether men with family values have accidently killed their kids by leaving them in the car. They have.

This case isn't about a guy that accidentally killed his child. This is a guy that neglected his child to death,

IMO

No hiding allowed.

We are all here for the same reason. Sweet Cooper!

Once I see a face like Cooper's or Shaniya's or Zahra's or Jhessye's, or Ethan's.... List is too long, it stays in my heart forever. I know people who are desperate for a child to love and would have gladly taken any of these unloved babies in and given them a life full of love.

It's going to be interesting to see what will be allowed in at trial and what will be excluded. I think that while it may not be required, the state will attempt to show motive. The financials will be part of that. The defense will say "so what, most couples in their demographics have a similar amount of debt."

Jury selection will be key in this case IMO.

These other couples might have similar amounts of debt, but their children weren't baked in a car.

Personally, I love it when the newbies know the rules!

we don't know if IVF was used. With a male factor, my guess would be AI or ICSI. In which case it wouldn't be donor, but RH's own.

Yes and in the case of LowT issues which cause low motility, IUI (Intrauterine insemination) (AI) is most likely going to fail. If the sperm can't swim, you can put them on TOP of the egg but they won't be able to inseminate it. So in that case, you're going to have the best success with ICSI-

Which is EXTREMELY expensive. To the tune of 10k per cycle. And who knows how many times they had to go through it before having success. Insurance covers most IF drugs/procedures but not usually IVF/ICSI. There are a couple states that have mandated coverage but most states you won't be able to get it covered and have to pay out of pocket. I hate that I know about this stuff :( fertility issues suck.

If they went through all of this to have cooper, I tend to lean more towards LH being a total victim in this as well.

After what I went through to have my littlest, I have such a deeper connection/bond with him at his age than I did w my oldest. I love both of them equally, but with the little, I just stare at him sometimes when he's sleeping feeling so damn happy that we finally got our little dude. I really think LH is in shock. Her entire life just blew up. Her chewing gum I court? I'm willing to bet my left foot she was dosed out on some serious Xanax or klonipin. Klonipin makes everything seem glib and fuzzy.

This (possible IVF) could be the source of their $$ problems? Or he didn't want to go through it again and she did? He was resentful bc she wanted to spend $$ on another baby? All speculation of course about that.

If he was a true narcissist, he would have been jealous of all of the time she spent w cooper? He resented her, and him, sought company of others, needed to get rid of his obstacles to finding someone else who would feed his narcissism. moo of course

Sent from my iPhone

They can't have more than $290.00 In their acct. He has a public defender.

All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

I've been wondering how and when RH got his attorney, Maddox Kilgore. Are you saying he was court appointed? He was there with RH on Jun. 19th in court when the charges were read. Kilgore has a good reputation from what I understand. I just assumed for some reason he was retained.

Jury selection is key in every case.

I think that the state can sometimes forget that. When the evidence showing guilt seems clear, the state may not do a good job at jury selection.

I hope that doesn't happen in this case.

The difference...you spent $7500 on YOUR CHILD!
This guy didn't think enough of his son to purchase TWO appropriate car seats.

I'm not going to bash men as I know plenty of women that also take marriage vows very "lightly" ...

This dad IMO thought only of himself ...it was the Ross Penis Show 24/7.

No. I've done it with other large purchases, too. My Amex has a program for putting downpayments on cars on your card for the rewards. Big furniture purchases are another example. That just happens to be the most recent one on my account.

No. I've done it with other large purchases, too. My Amex has a program for putting downpayments on cars on your card for the rewards. Big furniture purchases are another example. That just happens to be the most recent one on my account.

That wasn't my point.

Yes and in the case of LowT issues which cause low motility, IUI (Intrauterine insemination) (AI) is most likely going to fail. If the sperm can't swim, you can put them on TOP of the egg but they won't be able to inseminate it. So in that case, you're going to have the best success with ICSI-

Which is EXTREMELY expensive. To the tune of 10k per cycle. And who knows how many times they had to go through it before having success. Insurance covers most IF drugs/procedures but not usually IVF/ICSI. There are a couple states that have mandated coverage but most states you won't be able to get it covered and have to pay out of pocket. I hate that I know about this stuff :( fertility issues suck.

If they went through all of this to have cooper, I tend to lean more towards LH being a total victim in this as well.

After what I went through to have my littlest, I have such a deeper connection/bond with him at his age than I did w my oldest. I love both of them equally, but with the little, I just stare at him sometimes when he's sleeping feeling so damn happy that we finally got our little dude. I really think LH is in shock. Her entire life just blew up. Her chewing gum I court? I'm willing to bet my left foot she was dosed out on some serious Xanax or klonipin. Klonipin makes everything seem glib and fuzzy.

This (possible IVF) could be the source of their $$ problems? Or he didn't want to go through it again and she did? He was resentful bc she wanted to spend $$ on another baby? All speculation of course about that.

If he was a true narcissist, he would have been jealous of all of the time she spent w cooper? He resented her, and him, sought company of others, needed to get rid of his obstacles to finding someone else who would feed his narcissism. moo of course

Sent from my iPhone

I've posted before that my ex-h was a techie for a huge company in Atlanta. That was YEARS ago and they covered all types of IVF 100%. I can't swear on a stack of bibles that HD does, but I'd be really, really, really surprised if it doesn't. jmo

eta: infertility treatment was listed as a "covered service" under HD's insurance last year

https://secure.livethehealthyorange...rthwest Basic and Standard AO SBC_INTERIM.pdf

That wasn't my point.

Sorry. Maybe I misunderstood. You said the difference was that I did it for my child. I gave examples of when I haven't done it for my child.

I've posted before that my ex-h was a techie for a huge company in Atlanta. That was YEARS ago and they covered all types of IVF 100%. I can't swear on a stack of bibles that HD does, but I'd be really, really, really surprised if it doesn't. jmo

That is really awesome they cover that! Sounds like GA is more progressive than NY in that sense.

Sent from my iPhone

These other couples might have similar amounts of debt, but their children weren't baked in a car.
That's obvious. In order to convince a jury that financial problems were a motive, the state will have to overcome reasonable doubt about it being a real burden.

If the defense shows that it's not uncommon for others to be in a similar financial situation, it will lessen it's impact on the jury in my opinion.

Sorry. Maybe I misunderstood. You said the difference was that I did it for my child. I gave examples of when I haven't done it for my child.

You did misunderstand.

My point was this guy thought of himself, not his child and his spending choices prove that out.

The car seat his son roasted to death in proves it.

There is ZERO excuse for not buying TWO appropriate car seats.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads