GUILTY WI - Kelly Dwyer, 27, Milwaukee, 11 Oct 2013 - *Arrest* #2

KZ's Motions hearing scheduled for today was vacated on 6/12 due to scheduling issues and defense filed their motions to suppress evidence on 6/17.

The Motions hearing decision will be 7/11 and KZ's child *advertiser censored* jury trial is still scheduled for 7/21/14.

06-17-2014
Motion to Preserve Original Notes and Memoranda, Motion to Suppress to Physical Evidence, and Motion to Suppress Physical Evidence received and filed. Deputy Court Clerk.

06-12-2014
Parties in court to discuss scheduling issue. Court vacated the motion hearing date of 6/20/2014. Case remains scheduled for jury trial on 7/21/2014 at 8:30 a.m. Case is adjourned to Br 12 for motion hearing/final pretrial/decision on 7/11/2014 at 3:00 p.m. Deputy Court Clerk.

You can read more details here:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtRecor...set=0&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

I sure hope the judge doesn't suppress any of the evidence!

Snoods, this was good, that is, gathering the updated info. My recollection was that the case timeline had revisions made to it but, lately, my concentration and recall have taken a hit for some reason.
You are appreciated for being on top of things around here (not only about this case either)!

Snoods, this was good, that is, gathering the updated info. My recollection was that the case timeline had revisions made to it but, lately, my concentration and recall have taken a hit for some reason.
You are appreciated for being on top of things around here (not only about this case either)!

Yep... Snoods rocks! :rocker:

As do ALL you WSers! :websleuther:

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Hey thanks, I appreciate your kind words!:blowkiss:

Yep... Snoods rocks! :rocker:

As do ALL you WSers! :websleuther:

:loveyou::loveyou::loveyou:

Yes, we do all rock, don't we? :rockon:

It's so sad that LE can't do anything without the body. From what I've heard the believe he did it and the body went through through the garbage shoot, but they don't have enough to charge on that case.

I couldn't help but think of this case when I was reading the Steven Zelich thread. Everyone knew he was involved in Laura's disappearance, but they couldn't do anything until bodies were found and tied to him later.

Sad and disturbing.

I have been interested in this case since Ms. Dwyer's disappearance. And yes, the Steven Zelich thread brought me to revisit the case of Ms. Dwyer.

I am from Milw., in fact, I live about 2 blocks from the apartment building Ms. Dwyer was last seen at. I did not know Mr. Zocco or Ms. Dwyer but I can give some insights as a lifelong Milwaukeean:

(a) The building Mr. Zocco lived in is pretty high rent. My gf is a delivery driver for a well-known restaurant and often delivers there. She describes it as "nouveau riche". Typically, the people who reside there are young office professionals, typically from out-of-town, who have some means and pay out their nose for location next to the lakefront, a 24 hour concierge, underground parking, etc.... People who grew up here in Milw. typically do not want to live in these buildings because WE KNOW you can find much nicer places for more reasonable rent;
(b) Large apartment complexes in this area HAVE TO contract with "Waste Management (WM)" for garbage pick up. They use completely different dumps than Milwaukee County Dept. of Public Works. WM is private. Milw. Co. is public. If the dumpster were picked up by WM, the load that truck contained could have went to several different private dump sites anywhere in SE WI;
(c) My gf says the elevators in the building KZ lives in all have cameras. That would explain the use of a garbage chute. I asked my gf if she remembers cameras in the hallways. She said she did not think so, but will check the next time she delivers there;
(d) LE dropped the ball on interviewing residents of the building. My gf recalls having conversations with several people who reside there who were NOT interviewed. Of course, this is not unusual for MPD. Having been a witness to a homicide, myself, MPD really did not spend too much time interviewing me even though I was one of only two independent witnesses;
(e) This apartment building is VERY CLOSE to the Milwaukee River that empties into Lake Michigan. We lose people ALL THE TIME in the river (mostly people who have been drinking that have accidentally fallen in). At least once a month, esp during warm weather or if we get a lot of rain. A lot of times, bodies do not turn up for months and months later, if at all. That river is directly across the street from my house and those of us who grow up there know to stay away from the river because you probably will not ever be seen again. The current is really strong and you can get whisked away into Lake Michigan in an instant. There used to be a dam there, but they tore it down a few years ago, and now it is the "slip-n-slide to becoming fish food". These cases do make the news (usually as "missing persons" cases) and it is possible KZ saw these on the news and said, "Hmmmm...", because it is rather well covered by media that people go missing in the river all the time;
(f) I understand KZ may have had access to a boat. Typically, they are harbored until Oct. 31. If he had access to a boat, chances are they had not pulled it yet;
(g) Some insight about what she was wearing: we had a strange fall. It was unusually warm this year until about Dec. Then we got hit pretty hard. But I do not find it unusual if she was out in early Oct. in a simple outfit with sandals, some leggings, and a sweater. She was going to restaurants and/or bars nearby. Typically, I do not wear a jacket if I am not going far since I just do not want to carry more than I need.

Okay, I hope that helps a little. If I can answer any more questions, let me know.

My guess is the river. I am just saying because of the proximity to the river. KZ'a apartment is a few blocks from a park, "Caesar's Park," that none of us locals would ever go down to unless it was...okay, mmmmnnnn....mmmnnnn, none of us go there. Ever. The people who do go down there are the people from out of town. They tore down a dam and built this walkway across the river that goes to a grocery store. Locals do not use it because it is kinda sketchy, and we know bettter. But, the proximity of KZ and his apartment says that it is likely that this was a common walk to the grocery store.

Well today's the day. We'll see what nonsense ensues.

Case is adjourned to Br 12 for motion hearing/final pretrial/decision on 7/11/2014 at 3:00 p.m. Deputy Court Clerk kmh.

Parties request an adjournment of the jury trial due to discovery and expert witness issues.

Final pretrial set for 10/27/14 at 1:30pm, Jury trial set for 11/10/14 at 9:00am

Thanks for your local information Rallygrrl.

C'mon, let's get KZ to trial! I want his *advertiser censored* off his mother's couch and in a jail cell.

It's so sad that LE can't do anything without the body. From what I've heard the believe he did it and the body went through through the garbage shoot, but they don't have enough to charge on that case.

I couldn't help but think of this case when I was reading the Steven Zelich thread. Everyone knew he was involved in Laura's disappearance, but they couldn't do anything until bodies were found and tied to him later.

Sad and disturbing.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Right now KZ isn't going anywhere. I think it would be different if they didn't have the CP charges pending against him, but right now there isn't any reason for LE to jump the gun on a murder trial. Kelly's body could still turn up.

They really do have a lot of evidence against him.

I was thinking about this case earlier and a question and some possible answers occurred to me so I want to get everyone's input too.

Question: Why didn't he buy another shower curtain and replace the missing one right away, either the night she went missing or the next day? (In fact didn't he have time for a replacement long before LE came knocking on his door?)

Answer?

I was thinking about this case earlier and a question and some possible answers occurred to me so I want to get everyone's input too.

Question: Why didn't he buy another shower curtain and replace the missing one right away, either the night she went missing or the next day? (In fact didn't he have time for a replacement long before LE came knocking on his door?)

Answer?

Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly. Why did he leave all that kiddie *advertiser censored* in plain sight? Between the drugs and what probably happened to Kelly, his brain may not have been functioning normally. Just a guess but maybe the bathroom with the missing shower curtain was not one he used on a daily basis. He may have had a bathroom off of his bedroom. Can't remember if I read anything about number of bathrooms in his apt.

He had the time to replace that curtain. He also had time to hide or get rid of the *advertiser censored* and the drugs but he didn't. But I'm glad he didn't because that is what got him arrested. (MOO)

Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly. Why did he leave all that kiddie *advertiser censored* in plain sight? Between the drugs and what probably happened to Kelly, his brain may not have been functioning normally. Just a guess but maybe the bathroom with the missing shower curtain was not one he used on a daily basis. He may have had a bathroom off of his bedroom. Can't remember if I read anything about number of bathrooms in his apt.

He had the time to replace that curtain. He also had time to hide or get rid of the *advertiser censored* and the drugs but he didn't. But I'm glad he didn't because that is what got him arrested. (MOO)
I can sort of see him being distracted because of her death and his subsequent disposal of the body and thus he might well have forgotten about the *advertiser censored* and drugs but the shower curtain directly goes to her death and body disposal so I asked myself why he managed to not replace the curtain right away.
He doesn't exactly seem totally stupid given his job and income so why do the big body disposal and cover up but not replace the curtain. It seems he thought about having the car cleaned up to hide evidence of body disposal so he was thinking of covering up evidence and the shower curtain had probably played a direct part in moving the body.

Perhaps he was just messed up and his mind shut down. It is a possibility.

I think there was a very practical reason for the curtain to have not been replaced but I am waiting to see what input I get from others.

my guess is that he knew the curtain & body would never be found. Therefore, no evidentiary importance.

my guess is that he knew the curtain & body would never be found. Therefore, no evidentiary importance.

But the lack of the shower curtain is also important evidence. I think you're correct in that the body (& shower curtain) will most likely never be found.

http://fox6now.com/tag/kris-zocco/

July came and went, now what?

The lawyers are still busy (since March) combing through all the *advertiser censored* discovered on KZ's computer.
At least that's what they said they needed time to do back in March.

Thinking about Kelly.

Have to check every once in awhile to see if anything new turns up.
Refuse to give up hope that Kelly will be/can be found. :prayer:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back