The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Isisrising,
There was evidence (pathology), of blunt force trauma, suppressed during the trial (the final decision to suppress was granted on the basis it may unfairly influence the jury). In respect to Allison's chipped tooth, I have always believed the injury to GBC's hand was as a result of Allison's tooth/teeth/mouth coming into direct contact with his hand as he took her life.
In the end the suppressed evidence was not needed to get the (correct) guilty conviction.

I find that strange that it would be suppressed on the basis it may unfairly influence the jury. It was evidence relating to how she died and that I would think would be fairly integral to a murder trial (if the evidence of it is there)- I don't really see how that is predjudicial. If they had to supress that, then I wonder what else they did.

ITTYBITTYPSYCHOKITTY, do you happen to have a link to any articles on that?

Edited to add: I found a courier mail article about this.....

Queensland’s leading pathologist found slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay may have died of a subdural haemorrhage caused by “blunt force from an assault”.

But Dr Nathan Milne was barred from sharing his opinion with the Supreme Court jury that on Tuesday convicted Allison’s husband Gerard Baden-Clay of her murder.

Fairfax Media can now reveal the behind-the-scenes manoeuvre by Baden-Clay’s defence team, which successfully suppressed parts of Dr Milne’s autopsy report at the trial.

Baden-Clay’s defence team successfully argued that Dr Milne’s findings were merely “impermissible speculation”, during a pre-trial application in February this year.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...orce-trauma-20140716-ztr66.html#ixzz37dUbKjtt

That is true, yet her murderer was allowed to wear yellow ties.

In the interpretation of colours yellow is the colour of the mind and the intellect. It is optimistic and cheerful: Allison.

It can also suggest impatience, criticism and cowardice: :jail:Gerard:jail:

I find that strange that it would be suppressed on the basis it may unfairly influence the jury. It was evidence relating to how she died and that I would think would be fairly integral to a murder trial (if the evidence of it is there)- I don't really see how that is predjudicial. If they had to supress that, then I wonder what else they did.

ITTYBITTYPSYCHOKITTY, do you happen to have a link to any articles on that?

Editted to add: I found a courier mail article about this.....

Queensland’s leading pathologist found slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay may have died of a subdural haemorrhage caused by “blunt force from an assault”.

But Dr Nathan Milne was barred from sharing his opinion with the Supreme Court jury that on Tuesday convicted Allison’s husband Gerard Baden-Clay of her murder.

Fairfax Media can now reveal the behind-the-scenes manoeuvre by Baden-Clay’s defence team, which successfully suppressed parts of Dr Milne’s autopsy report at the trial.

Baden-Clay’s defence team successfully argued that Dr Milne’s findings were merely “impermissible speculation”, during a pre-trial application in February this year.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...orce-trauma-20140716-ztr66.html#ixzz37dUbKjtt

That's actually a typical Fairfax media beat up. All of that is in the original autopsy report, which many of us already have. And it wasn't Nathan Milne speculating - it was him being thorough by saying "such-and-such could not be excluded". And for the record, the microscopy on the material from the brain surface could not confirm it was blood, the amount was very small, and most of it was debris from insect activity. Same for the material found on the inside of the chest wall - it was only about 5cm across (about 2" in the old lingo) and once again, even under the microscope it could not be confirmed or identified as a bruise. So all Milne could say was that "it couldn't be excluded"

That was not allowed in the trial - but was NOT a case of Milne speculating on how Allison died. It was just routine thorough autopsy work. That whole "amazing evidence that was suppressed" nonsense is pure media hype.

I saw on ch7 tonight that when he arrived at wolston he could make one call. He called his parents sobbing proclaiming his innocence. Why would he do that? Is he in denial? Does he believe his lies? I don't understand why he'd be so loudly proclaim his innocence?!??? Puts an awful lot of confusion and questions in my mind. Does anyone have a link to it?? I'll try and find.

I'm now at a point where it's completely overwhelming. He seemed like a shady character before but now, with all the extra info, he seems like a very disgusting human being.

But I still cannot understand WHY he's acting this way?!? Will he deny it to the grave? Why? Wouldn't he be better admitting and asking for forgiveness in the hopes he may one day have a relationship with his kids.

Another question (sorry) - if he gets to see his kids, do they monitor this? It would be unspeakably bad if he manipulated those girls into thinking he was innocent - if he really wasn't.

Interesting. Some one is lying.... However, I was once witness to a kleptomaniac (I was 17 and at Govt Boarding school) and what I saw astounded me esp at such a young age. For my 17th birthday my parents bought me a make up set. The kleptomaniac stole it. When confronted the girl sobbed and cried and said that her parents had been that day and had given it to her. The authorities checked the records and her parents had not been (not even to the city). She was convinced they had. It was my first encounter with a compulsive liar and fascinated me but it was really sad. Maybe, and I say maybe that is what he is....a compulsive liar ! It would explain a lot.

Gerard Baden-Clay’s former mistress paid six-figure sum for 60 Minutes interview

July 17, 2014 12:00AM

TONI McHugh has returned to the real estate industry under a new name and is rumoured to have accepted a six-figure sum for a tell-all television interview.

The woman who was Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress for more than three years is trying to move on with her life as rumours abound she was paid up to $200,000 for an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...inutes-interview/story-fnihsrf2-1226991485168

Interesting. Some one is lying.... However, I was once witness to a kleptomaniac (I was 17 and at Govt Boarding school) and what I saw astounded me esp at such a young age. For my 17th birthday my parents bought me a make up set. The kleptomaniac stole it. When confronted the girl sobbed and cried and said that her parents had been that day and had given it to her. The authorities checked the records and her parents had not been (not even to the city). She was convinced they had. It was my first encounter with a compulsive liar and fascinated me but it was really sad. Maybe, and I say maybe that is what he is....a compulsive liar ! It would explain a lot.

Sorry to respond to my own post....I still cannot edit my posts :tantrum:
Either he is a compulsive liar or he is still acting...for show and all that ! :facepalm:

Hello Isisrising,
There was evidence (pathology), of blunt force trauma, suppressed during the trial (the final decision to suppress was granted on the basis it may unfairly influence the jury). In respect to Allison's chipped tooth, I have always believed the injury to GBC's hand was as a result of Allison's tooth/teeth/mouth coming into direct contact with his hand as he took her life.
In the end the suppressed evidence was not needed to get the (correct) guilty conviction.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere, but can you give me a link to where you read about the suppressed evidence about the blunt force trauma? Was it Gerard, or Allison who had blunt force trauma? Cheers :)

ETA just found it. But they did discuss a possible subdural hematoma, evidenced by granulation in the brain tissue. I don't think it was suppressed?

That's actually a typical Fairfax media beat up. All of that is in the original autopsy report, which many of us already have. And it wasn't Nathan Milne speculating - it was him being thorough by saying "such-and-such could not be excluded". And for the record, the microscopy on the material from the brain surface could not confirm it was blood, the amount was very small, and most of it was debris from insect activity. Same for the material found on the inside of the chest wall - it was only about 5cm across (about 2" in the old lingo) and once again, even under the microscope it could not be confirmed or identified as a bruise. So all Milne could say was that "it couldn't be excluded"

That was not allowed in the trial - but was NOT a case of Milne speculating on how Allison died. It was just routine thorough autopsy work. That whole "amazing evidence that was suppressed" nonsense is pure media hype.

Thanks for that Doc, I didn't think it was really new evidence, as I recalled talk of it from the original autopsy. I found it odd if it had been suppressed for the reason stated. Rather than that it could not be excluded, but could also not be confirmed with certainty. Thanks for clarifying that.

Hoping that made some sense! heading to bed for some much needed sleep:eek:fftobed:

Oh I'm way behind of course. I knew he'd discussed this and that it was in the report - WTH are they saying it was suppressed for?

Gerard Baden-Clay’s former mistress paid six-figure sum for 60 Minutes interview

TONI McHugh has returned to the real estate industry under a new name and is rumoured to have accepted a six-figure sum for a tell-all television interview.

The woman who was Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress for more than three years is trying to move on with her life as rumours abound she was paid up to $200,000 for an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...inutes-interview/story-fnihsrf2-1226991485168

Oh...my...god. That is shameful.

Will you give airtime to Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress or his dead wife?

AUSTRALIA, now it’s your chance to deliver a verdict — of sorts — in the betrayal of Brisbane wife and mother Allison Baden-Clay.

While her killer husband Gerard spends his first weekend behind bars as a guilty man, TV viewers have the choice to pass judgment on one of the other women in Baden-Clay’s life: his mistress Toni McHugh.

With rumours swirling that McHugh has been paid up to $250,000 for her 60 Minutes confessional, it’s worth remembering the Queensland Supreme Court heard this same woman was reluctant to show compassion when, shortly after the mother of three was reported missing and at least thought to have run away, she said: ‘I won’t be made to feel guilty.’

They have to admit the crime themselves before they can encourage him to confess.....Olivia and the hypocrite need to ask for forgiveness themselves for the sins they themselves have committed during this .....only once they can see and admit and ask for foregiveness their own wrongdoings can they even contemplate trying to help another.

I personally can't see this happening they are far too proud and self righteous.... Their Christianity blinds them from the truth and the ability to see their own failings.
It is not their Christianity.....

Nope it's their Christianity, I know others from that same flock that believe people who get cancer only get it because they don't believe in god......
But that belief is not a Christian belief. Sorry...you are incorrect there. You have believed these others when they told you they were Christiand when they weren't.....

If it is at GBC request or direction, the sum can be seized as a proceed of crime. Would love for someone to turn up the evidence for that application.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cpca2002285/s18.html

With all due respect Doc:

Trial docs, even the media can't "beat" these docs up....

http://archive.sclqld.org.au/qjudgment/2014/QSC14-156.pdf

Oh...my...god. That is shameful.

Disgraceful

What do you expect from the media?

Oh you are talking about TM :laughing:

Last time I checked she didn't kill anyone or cheat on her partner.
The media is the real grub in this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.