The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save yourself BJ - Don't go there !!

QUOTE=BJsleuth;10758380]WTF? "He was growing the beard as a protest until "Mummy" came home!"? Whaaaaat?[/QUOTE]

I thought more about this (again I haven't seen these injuries on his hands), and maybe everything happened on the back porch.
There was evidence of a bleed from her head which could have been caused by hitting her head on the concrete.

Having it happen on the back porch fits with a lot of what we know.

- Kids where home. Risk of them hearing something, so they were outside talking/arguing.
- (suspected) wound on the head could be from hitting her head on the concrete. **
- Explains the leaves in her hair much more than them getting picked up whilst carrying/dragging the body to the car
- Explains the (suggested) screams heard that night and why (if it happened) it didn't wake the kids.

I wonder if forensics inspected the back porch in depth. I know they had plenty of photos from inside and found no evidence of foul play (suggested he cleaned up).
If that was true, a stick or some other object could have been used as well as fingernails.

**“If this was a true injury, it indicates a blunt force impact to the head, probably of a moderate degree of force. Subdural haemorrhage can occur without a skull fracture,” Dr Milne said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...orce-trauma-20140716-ztr66.html#ixzz37gzg4zeQ

I imagine he's hit her on the head first as that's what usually happens, then he smothered her. The leaves became entangled as Allison shook her head side to side fighting to breathe. We'll never know will we?

Campaigns and/or protests are only allowed when the owners of Websleuths LLC approves them. FYI.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So true

I try to save myself and others with humour (not a well planned or logical 'means to an end' but often all I have up my sleeve)

The Dickies would struggle beyond comprehension.

They can't laugh. But must smile for these beautiful three girls.

I took to several showers a day not to cry in front of the kids. I'm not saying I get it.

The Dickies are the carers : who's caring for the carers? Their other beautiful children.

The Dickies other daughter has moved to locate near them and support them and their son is right there too - jobs, homes, neighbours all having to change.

Can they afford expert psychological help? Do they get respite?

So full on. We've all been through much, but it's honestly incomprehensible even to the experts what the Dickies are faced with every day in loving and securing the safety and well being (current and future) of the three girls and all of their own lives.

I know, I really worry about how much more they can take. Mr Dickie looks like a broken man. Has to be taking a toll on their health. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

A family friend was murdered as a teen, by her boyfriends best mate who was jealous. It involved a sexual assault too. I know the toll it all took on them and they were much younger than the Dickies. It changed everything. I too am concerned what this will do Mr Dickie. He was a firey, they're tough but you can see the strain he's under. As you said, how much more can he take? How much more will they be forced to take by BC? It's so wrong.

What's the chances of this appeal getting through- or not and WHY!!??? Alioop??? Where are you???

Campaigns and/or protests are only allowed when the owners of Websleuths LLC approves them. FYI.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How do we get approval Kimster?

The Queensland Court of Appeal registry received the application about lunch time on Thursday.

According to documents filed by the defence to justify an appeal:

The verdict of murder was unreasonable.

A miscarriage of justice occurred because the jury should have been, but was not, directed that the presence of the deceased's blood in a motor vehicle was only relevant if the jury was satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the presence of blood was attributable to an injury sustained to the deceased's body on the evening of 19 April 2012 or the morning of 20 April 2012.

The trial judge erred in law in not directing the jury that they needed to be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that the appellant placed the body of the deceased at Kholo Creek in order to use such a finding as post-offence conduct going to guilt.

The trial judge erred in leaving to the jury that the appellant attempted to disguise marks on his face by making razor cuts.

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/baden-clay-appealing-his-murder-conviction/2321472/

What if my criminal case appeal is successful?

If the appeal against the conviction is successful, the court will either order a new trial with a different judge and jury, or find the appellant not guilty. If the appeal against the sentence is successful, the sentence may be reduced or a different type of sentence may be imposed.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/court-of-appeal/common-questions

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...orrection-centre/story-fnje8bkv-1226991507668

Gerard Baden-Clay visited by parents at Wolston Correction Centre
THOMAS CHAMBERLIN, ROSE BRENNAN THE COURIER-MAIL JULY 17, 2014 12:00am

Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay arrived at the jail about 2.30pm to visit their son, who sources said spent his first night alone inside the prison’s “jelly room”.
His parents arrived with a large envelope and stayed at the jail for about an hour...

"The Baden-Clay family gathered at the family home at Kenmore yesterday and were visited by defence solicitor Peter Shields.
“I won’t be making any comment... and neither will the family,” Mr Shields said.
“No I won’t be (saying how they’re feeling). I think sometimes some things just call for a dignified silence"

http://resources2.news.com.au/image...7614-87c777c0-0cbd-11e4-a510-9f89e2418c8b.jpg

BBM (hollow laugh) That will make a change from the undignified prattle that we've had from this family until now. Too little, too late ... And then they appeal.
MOO

I can't see him getting a new trial without some kind of incredible new evidence. Just don't see it happening.

I believe that an appeal carries a risk - his sentence may be INCREASED.

The Waltons were definitely not 'passing the hat around' to their local congregation. I believe a letter was sent to some of their friends asking for donations. That certainly wasn't done as a blanket letter to the local congregation. They had a long standing association with Ashgrove Baptist prior to coming to Townsville. A number of cashed up people from there were approached- possibly who had supported I and O at other times. MOO.

Thank you for clearing that up. I certainly don't want to tarnish a bunch of good people with a misinformed generalisation based on an impression. Apologies.

Interesting interview on 2GB with investigative journalist Hedley Thomas who personally knew GBC well and lived nearby. Among other revelations, he visited GBC at Bayden-Clay seniors' home while Allison was missing. http://www.2gb.com/audioplayer/53311#.U8crRvmSySo

With new threads here, I can’t be sure if this has been posted previously: apologies if so.

Thank you for the link, am listening now. Just heard Hedley say he had never seen Gerard with a beard (early on in he interview he said he knew him for 15 years). Didn't one of the three C's say that he often grew one and they competitions to see who could grow the fastest? Hmmm.

EDIT: as soon as I hit submit and unpaused (is that a word?) the audio I heard he bit about 'growing the beard as a sort of protest until mummy comes home', oh good grief!

I'm sure the Dickies were prepared by the prosecution to expect this, I'm sure it doesn't hurt any less though. From what I understand, due to mandatory sentencing, an appeal is almost guaranteed as there is nothing to lose. As opposed to other states, where there is a real risk of it backfiring and having your sentence increased instead!

GBC doesn't wish to attend the appeal....

With all the media coverage and exposès since the verdict, I wonder if a retrial would even be possible! Hard to find an untainted jury!

Thank you for the link, am listening now. Just heard Hedley say he had never seen Gerard with a beard (early on in he interview he said he knew him for 15 years). Didn't one of the three C's say that he often grew one and they competitions to see who could grow the fastest? Hmmm.

perjury from the C's......????

people need to be squeezed a bit harder...the truth will come out

I'm ready to be verified as an insider. Kimster can you please tell me again HOW?

I'm sure the Dickies were prepared by the prosecution to expect this, I'm sure it doesn't hurt any less though. From what I understand, due to mandatory sentencing, an appeal is almost guaranteed as there is nothing to lose. As opposed to other states, where there is a real risk of it backfiring and having your sentence increased instead!

GBC doesn't wish to attend the appeal....

With all the media coverage and exposès since the verdict, I wonder if a retrial would even be possible! Hard to find an untainted jury!

i hereby volunteer to give him an unbiased review of the facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member