The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

O/T very briefly - your avatar is divine, Amee!! Allison would love it :happydance:

<modsnip> thanks for all your work on the threads these past four weeks or so. Appreciated.

aww Thanks Fuskier, but I have done no more than others here. :)

<modsnip>

Alison's body toxicology report showed anti-depressants at 12 times the level of normal anti-depressant levels. These results can be unreliable though due to decomposition. Not enough to indicate fatal overdose

Allison's levels, as described in the toxicology report, were from the liver. They were 12 times the level of "normal antidepressant levels" which would be measured in circulating blood. Comparing apples and oranges. "Unreliable due to decomposition" is an understatement as any drug would concentrate greatly in the liver after peripheral blood is no longer circulating.

And that is not even taking into account that death from overdose of Zoloft alone is as rare as rocking horse manure.

I'm not verified here (yet?) as a medical practitioner so you can take or leave this information as my own opinion, but I believe Dr Watson said something similar.

You get triaged based on my assessment. I also don't care how you arrived in ED ( ie most people who come by ambulance automatically think they get seen first) If you are not acutely unwell..............off to the waiting room for you!!

I've even had patients arrive to ED with minor complaints & get triaged accordingly with the appropriate wait............only to leave & arrive by ambulance an hour later........all they achieve is to go back to the bottom of the list .

Bahahaha...I've seen that happen too. One hospital where I worked kept a notebook at the triage desk in which they listed "Most Inappropriate Uses of the Ambulance Service".

The worst I saw was a lady who arrived at 3 am by ambulance because she had...a sore throat. She had already had it for 2 weeks. She had seen her GP about 12 hours before, and been given an antibiotic. She had taken 1 dose of the antibiotic and was frustrated because the sore throat was not improving quickly enough for her liking. :facepalm:

Greg - in case you may have missed it, see my post addressing these points a few pages up-thread. And also the original poster's very gracious reply to my post.

Ok Doc, I'll drop to defcon 3 for now :)

With regards to the disposal of the body, i lean to the enlistment of another for a number of reasons, including the fact that if the children woke up and daddy and mummy weren't home that could blow holes in Gerards story, If another was watching over them while he disposed similar issue eg when asked by police, oh i woke up in the night and grandpa was there or aunty olivia was there........

but if they woke up at 1am or so and daddy was there to say go back to sleep dear then..... no probs...... i feel it really does point to another person or persons disposing of the body.

i have a feeling somethings been missed with the phones/internet possibly some gmail/hotmail communication or another app (like viber) or an IM platform that had been deleted after use.....

MOO

Zorrow, I was there in 1976 and it was a mix of gifted children and children with behavioural problems, and quite controversial. Three blocks, one with grades 1, 2 and 3 merged, one with grades 4 and 5 mixed, and one with grades 6 and 7 mixed. And there was a Library (where I hid). There was almost no supervision, children were free to roam the grounds. I was beaten by one boy with a blackboard ruler (headmaster excused that because boy was epileptic) - my point is that the emphasis was on each child being 'special' and the kids were noticeably different to others when they reached high school. Gerard was the only child from his family to attend that school, so my question is why did he need a different style of schooling - was he more likely to flourish in an undisciplined and unorthodox environment as a small boy? He lived in close proximity to the Prep, where his siblings went to school, so it was actually an inconvenience to transport him to Gabbinbar.

Many good people have come out of that school, they were not damaged.

I was not implying that the school gave him behavioural problems, I was suggesting that possibly:
1) he was sent to that school because of adjustment or behavioural problems (which may have stemmed from migration) and/or
2) he emerged from a primary school that nurtured high self esteem and specialness as it's absolute priority, coupled with parents that nurtured the same.

It is undeniable that Gerard, to this day, has a healthy perception of his own 'specialness'.

Hi Possumheart, I see your point. I do know the school enrolled children with 'issues' when other schools had had enough of them. Maybe GBC was a bit too 'special' for Prep.

I have no idea about Wattle Day but based on my personal gardening experience and plant-geek tendencies, I would have thought wattles were in bloom closer to August 1 than September 1. I even remember seeing some wattles blossoming in July some years and remarking that it was a very, very, very early sign of spring.

Thanks MadDoc :)

I've looked it up, because I was CERTAIN we used to have it on August 1 (we had a lot of wattle trees in our yard when I was young), as it was the same day as "Horses Birthday".

I just did a bit of Googling and found this:

The first celebration of Wattle Day was held on 1 September 1910 in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Plans in 1913 to proclaim the wattle a national emblem and celebrate Wattle Day nationally were interrupted by World War I, but wattle remained a strong symbol of patriotism during the war years. Sprigs of wattle and colourful badges were sold on Wattle Day to raise money for the Red Cross. NSW changed the date to 1 August in 1916 because that allowed the Red Cross to use the earlier flowering and more familiar Cootamundra Wattle rather than Golden Wattle. http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...brary/Publications_Archive/CIB/cib9596/96cib1

So, those who remember it as August 1 are not dreaming. Just trivia!

Just thought I'd mention that the 'Milat' book mentioned a few pages back by Clive Small is on Amazon Kindle at the moment for around $3. (On iBooks it's about $15). In case any one here wants to snap it up for cheap! :lookingitup:

Yep I bought it for $3 a couple of nights ago, but on Google Play Books. I was very happily surprised by that price, and am part way through it. Very interesting with lots of details I've not heard before!

Zorrow, I was there in 1976 and it was a mix of gifted children and children with behavioural problems, and quite controversial. Three blocks, one with grades 1, 2 and 3 merged, one with grades 4 and 5 mixed, and one with grades 6 and 7 mixed. And there was a Library (where I hid). There was almost no supervision, children were free to roam the grounds. I was beaten by one boy with a blackboard ruler (headmaster excused that because boy was epileptic) - my point is that the emphasis was on each child being 'special' and the kids were noticeably different to others when they reached high school. Gerard was the only child from his family to attend that school, so my question is why did he need a different style of schooling - was he more likely to flourish in an undisciplined and unorthodox environment as a small boy? He lived in close proximity to the Prep, where his siblings went to school, so it was actually an inconvenience to transport him to Gabbinbar.

I was not implying that the school gave him behavioural problems, I was suggesting that possibly:
1) he was sent to that school because of adjustment or behavioural problems (which may have stemmed from migration) and/or
2) he emerged from a primary school that nurtured high self esteem and specialness as it's absolute priority, coupled with parents that nurtured the same.

It is undeniable that Gerard, to this day, has a healthy perception of his own 'specialness'.

Do you know what .. that is a perfect school for GBC if he did have behavioural problems because he could be there for that reason, but his parents could tell everyone else he was in the gifted program.

Also once he emerged he may have been expected to live up to the expectations the people around the family (who didn't know that he had issues) would have had for him considering his 'giftedness' .. don't we all think it's interesting that GBC only had a few years of work in Australia before he disappeared overseas (where he was in charge of what got reported back home) then after struggling for a bit to find his feet, went into business under the umbrella of protection from his parents, only to drive it into the ground once they retired?

Then to kill his wife and end up in jail when it all began to collapse around his ears.

I can see it, this makes sense to me JMO.

Ok Doc, I'll drop to defcon 3 for now :)

With regards to the disposal of the body, i lean to the enlistment of another for a number of reasons, including the fact that if the children woke up and daddy and mummy weren't home that could blow holes in Gerards story, If another was watching over them while he disposed similar issue eg when asked by police, oh i woke up in the night and grandpa was there or aunty olivia was there........

but if they woke up at 1am or so and daddy was there to say go back to sleep dear then..... no probs...... i feel it really does point to another person or persons disposing of the body.

i have a feeling somethings been missed with the phones/internet possibly some gmail/hotmail communication or another app (like viber) or an IM platform that had been deleted after use.....

MOO

I have always leaned toward the public phone at the Showgrounds being a handy option. Or if it was early, the call from A to O's phone might be the key.

Yep I bought it for $3 a couple of nights ago, but on Google Play Books. I was very happily surprised by that price, and am part way through it. Very interesting with lots of details I've not heard before!

Just got it! Thank you. Girding of loins will be needed before embarking on that. We possums are sensitive little critters.

Police investigate approaches to Gerard Baden-Clay jurors

During the 21-day high profile trial, jurors were approached by a television journalist and, separately, by a man dressed in red who asked for a betting tip about the upcoming verdict.

Both approaches were *rebuffed by the jurors and swiftly reported to trial judge John Byrne.

Police are also investigating a post on the Facebook page “Justice for Allison Baden-Clay” by someone purporting to be a juror, asking for public patience while the jury deliberated.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...badenclay-jurors/story-e6frg6nf-1226991513396

They've misreported that. I was in the court when the judge clearly said "A person dressed in purple"....

Do you know what .. that is a perfect school for GBC if he did have behavioural problems because he could be there for that reason, but his parents could tell everyone else he was in the gifted program.

Also once he emerged he may have been expected to live up to the expectations the people around the family (who didn't know that he had issues) would have had for him considering his 'giftedness' .. don't we all think it's interesting that GBC only had a few years of work in Australia before he disappeared overseas (where he was in charge of what got reported back home) then after struggling for a bit to find his feet, went into business under the umbrella of protection from his parents, only to drive it into the ground once they retired?

Then to kill his wife and end up in jail when it all began to collapse around his ears.

I can see it, this makes sense to me JMO.

I was only there for six months and as I said it was free range. Most vivid memory was learning how to make sculptures in clay, for anyone who felt like it (you only had to do what you felt like doing). I devoured the exercise. It was demonstrated gently over and over again how not to leave any air bubbles in your clay, not to have solid clay sculptures or the whole lot would explode in the oven. I lovingly cut my clay with fishing line, observed what an air hole looked like, massaged it, cut it again - made my hollow sculptures of rats (I was running the libraries pet rat program and studying rats in literature), had raptures about my beautiful unfired rat sculptures (love you oddsocks), listened in awe to the fact that they would be smaller when they were fired. STOP. Firing day, you imagine the noise. Tell SOME kids that air bubbles will ruin it for everyone - :crying:

Thanks MadDoc :)

I've looked it up, because I was CERTAIN we used to have it on August 1 (we had a lot of wattle trees in our yard when I was young), as it was the same day as "Horses Birthday".

I just did a bit of Googling and found this:

So, those who remember it as August 1 are not dreaming. Just trivia!

Thanks Freya! I knew it was once August 1.

They've misreported that. I was in the court when the judge clearly said "A person dressed in purple"....

A purple wearing BC supporter perhaps? Coincidence??...weren't the BC women adorned with purple for much of the trial

MOO

I have ALWAYS, from the very beginning, thought that GBC would not risk leaving the girls alone, for the reasons you've stated here, Greg.

We shall see..........work on, QPS, work on!

I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar that OBW suffered sibling abuse similar to what happened with Allison as a kid and may be covering for him more than we know, I have sympathy for her in a way .. the family is dysfunctional and you just don't pop up as a killer from nowhere in adulthood.

Or an unhealthy exaggerated perception of his own specialness! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23