GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

From Qconline

The former boyfriend of Carrie Olson was arrested today on charges accusing him of murdering the 29-year-old in Rock Island County and then hiding her body.

Timothy J. McVay, 39, of 1222 36th St., Rock Island, was arrested by Rock Island police at 11:30 a.m. this morning while at work, in the 1400 block of 5th Avenue, Silvis.
[modsnip]

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=688656

Hooray! It seems like this was a long time coming but I hope they have everything they need to make a conviction stick now. Her family must be feeling so relieved that he is behind bars now. Nothing can bring Carrie back but this is one more step on the road to justice.

I wonder how many times he walked in on his many court hearings and walked out more confident?
Maybe keeping him out helped with him digging a deeper hole for himself while being surveyed?

Carrie's FB page is down at this time. Hopefully it will come back up after tomorrow's arraignment.

I wonder how many times he walked in on his many court hearings and walked out more confident?
Maybe keeping him out helped with him digging a deeper hole for himself while being surveyed?

Carrie's FB page is down at this time. Hopefully it will come back up after tomorrow's arraignment.

I think your right about " a deeper hole". It just boggled my mind how he did that. I really don't think a judge would allow me to walk in to a court and say....... Nah! Maybe next month over and over again

I think your right about " a deeper hole". It just boggled my mind how he did that. I really don't think a judge would allow me to walk in to a court and say....... Nah! Maybe next month over and over again

I saw your frustration with that! I was losing hope and faith in the LE.
I'm glad that I can say I was wrong regarding my lack of confidence with the Davenport Police. They were really working, just needed to wrap it up tightly with a nice little bow!

I just wanted to add that I find it incredibly sad that he killed her in Rock Island and drove over 300 miles with her body, in her car to dump her just a few miles away before picking up his GF to go to Vegas.

What kind of sick creature does that?

:loveyou: Now we're talking!!! May justice prevail!!

Video at link:

http://wqad.com/2014/07/18/witness-describes-mcvay-arrest-for-murder-of-carrie-olson/

When police showed up at their job site Friday, July 18, 2014, Linda Williams said she was working with McVay for the fourth time...

“He was on a ladder, up there, and they asked him to step off the ladder. When he stepped off the ladder, they put handcuffs on him,” Williams said. Williams said McVay appeared to be surprised by the presence of the police.

“He acted very surprised,” she said. “He didn’t say a word. He just stepped down and got cuffed and left.”

I'm so pleased to hear the news of McVay's arrest. What a relief that he has been arrested.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime...cle_e77de604-0f56-11e4-8d47-001a4bcf887a.html

Defendant Tim McVay faced a Rock Island County courtroom on Saturday that included the family and friends of the late Carrie Olson, his former girlfriend.

McVay, 39, of Rock Island, stood before Circuit Judge F. Michael Meersman, to hear the charges he faces: first-degree murder, and concealment of a homicide death. He is being held in the Rock Island County Jail on $1.5 milllion bond. McVay is being represented by Baron Heintz, who is with the Rock Island County public defender's office.

The preliminary hearing was set for 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, July 29, according to the prosecutor, Rock Island County State's Attorney John McGehee.

Video at link:

http://wqad.com/2014/07/19/ex-girlfriend-speaks-out-after-tim-mcvays-arrest/

Cati Smiddy, who says she is an ex-girlfriend of McVay, told News 8 that she started dating him right after he ended his relationship with Olson in January 2013. Smiddy said she and Olson were friends up until that point, but her new relationship with McVay created a falling out between Olson and herself.

Smiddy said McVay was a kind and gentle man until he started drinking alcohol, then he would become violent... Smiddy said she dated McVay on and off for several months, even introducing him to her kids. The relationship continued until he “snapped” on her at her home one night in November.

“He had [drank] just a couple of screwdrivers, you know, vodka and orange juice. One minute he was fine and the next minute he just snapped,” Smiddy said. “He started screaming and throwing orange juice and vodka and scaring everybody.” Smiddy said she called the police to detain him so she could get out of the house. That’s when she left town, not coming back until after Olson disappeared.

http://www.kljb.com/story/26075950/carrie-olson-facebook-page-taken-down

On Friday, when police arrested Tim McVay for the murder of Carrie Olson, the Facebook page that chronicled the search for her went down and we wanted to know why.

It started out as "Find Carrie Olson", but when her body was discovered in April the page became "Justice For Carrie Olson." A spokesperson for her family says they took it down, saying the page had done exactly what it was supposed to do, lead to an arrest and protect the case.

"I think the fear is that there will be a request for a change in venue because the public is so sure that this person is guilty that they're not going to get a fair trial," QC Missing Persons Network director Dennis Harker said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back